Start by marking “Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Finding Magic in Every Moment of Every Day” as Want to Read:
Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Finding Magic in Every Moment of Every Day

Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Finding Magic in Every Moment of Every Day

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  173 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Living a Charmed Life is real, inspiring, uplifting, and guaranteed to lift your spirits and inspire your life—no matter what is going on!”
— Christiane Northrup, MD, author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom

“Victoria Moran’s words of wisdom, inspiration and magic are a soothing balm for anyone who is sad, dissatisfied or simply in need of upliftment.”
— Arielle Ford, aut
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2002)

Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
Usually I don't like "self-help" books. I find them to be wordy, boring, and don't feel like I can actually use a lot of the information in them - whether it is because it doesn't apply to my season of life, something that is common sense that I already do, or just seems like a lot of drivel. This book, however, is truly a gem. There are 50 chapters-just a few pages each that - that could apply to me - my mom - my daughter - my best friend - very universal yet relevant.

My favorite was a chapter
Sharon
Mar 12, 2010 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Moran’s guide is full of short essays describing enlightening and uplifting ways for maintaining your life and giving it special meaning to you and the one’s around you. She concludes her essays with a “lucky charm” that suggests “a specific action you can take to apply the essence of that essay”.

As one of those people who needed to be uplifted, I was excited about receiving her book. It didn’t disappoint me. Ms. Moran talks about the simple things in life that we take for granted and how we
Clare
I'm enjoying this book. there are so many exercises that i could work each week on something. This book, more than anything, has made me look for the magic in my own life, and I love recognizing magic when it happens. Great life philosophy. I may buy it, since I've renewed it 3 times already at the library.
Veronica
Jan 08, 2010 Veronica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most helpful books in my life. I was reading this as I was laid off, and it helped keep me sane. It's great just to pick it up once in a while and read a 2 page chapter about something positive.
Amy
Aug 24, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hate that I have to return this book to the library. I'm just going to have to buy it so i can keep it next to my bed in times of weakness. It's truly insightful!
Luminea
Apr 22, 2012 Luminea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This was a really enjoyable book packed with great ideas. Each chapter is short and focused on a particular topic for personal growth and ways you can bring more peace and pleasure into your life. It's great if you only have short bits of time to read...you can get through a chapter quickly and then take the ideas and implement them in your life right away.

I like Victoria's writing style...she is down to earth and shares many stories from her personal life, yet her use of language is quite lovel
Elizabeth
Apr 16, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book two months after my father passed away fron years of heart trouble. I felt like I didn't know how to live anymore. I have been applying some of Moran's advice in outting everthing back together and I feel stronger for having read this.
Pamela
Mar 20, 2013 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an easy read. Some great ideas, but not anything new. Good reminders of good things to do to appreciate life and bring more joy and happiness into it. We really can choose happiness at any moment and the author's ideas on where to find it don't match mine. But she does encourage the reader to find their own magic, their own ways to lead a charmed life and her advice on how to do that is sound. I already lead a charmed life and I just need to remind myself of that. A nice book to give as a ...more
Deborah
Mar 02, 2015 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just what I needed.
Annm
Apr 27, 2013 Annm rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Drivel. Basicaly, you should live the way I live because it works for me. And without a footnote to actual research in sight. Lots and lts of attributes to famus people, though. The sad thing is, theremmay be some good in there, but the way it is all presented makes it useless. Much of it what she says, though, has been at least partially been countered by actual research.

I am glad she is hapopy. It just doesn't mean anything to me as anecdote.
Anne
Nov 13, 2009 Anne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I might have enjoyed this more had I not read it simultaneosly with "Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust". How ironic. I felt guilty thinking about surrounding myself with beauty or buying something red to wear. Maybe I'll try again later, my charmed life will just have to wait.
Trace
Sep 09, 2011 Trace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read a few of these "how to think differently about your life" books, and I feel they usually aren't written for people who already feel positively about life. This one is different; unique. I will be rereading it for years!
Joy
Jul 02, 2012 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It is broken down into small chunks for those of us who only have a few moments to read. I found so many tips that were easily implemented into my life. A definite keeper.
Darlene
Mar 23, 2011 Darlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the short chapters and suggestions for living beyond the day to day routine. If you are looking to explore ways to Increase joy in your life, this book is for you.
Dawnastebbins
Oct 05, 2009 Dawnastebbins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Loving it! A feel-good book, Victoria Moran's ideas very helpful, lifting me to higher realms, richer, happier day to day experience. Very simple, very doable. A fun, easy read.
Relyn
Mar 11, 2016 Relyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody!!
Recommended to Relyn by: ??
Blech!! Magic. ICK. I was thinking this would be a book about being charming and gracious. It was a silly book of "practical magic". So silly.
Debbie D
Jun 05, 2011 Debbie D rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Quick interesting chapters with most making sense. Helps to remind one how simple acts can make a life more enriched.
Sara
Dec 04, 2009 Sara is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Given to me by my good friend Maggie. Great gift book for people in transitional times of their lives.
Bernadette
Jul 11, 2009 Bernadette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good advice, some just okay, but worth reading.
Joodie
Jan 27, 2011 Joodie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book.
Cathy
May 26, 2011 Cathy rated it liked it
Was fun.
Enrique Vélez
Enrique Vélez marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Bj
Bj marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
April Vaughan
April Vaughan marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
J
J marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Sylvia A. Guthrie-Terry
Sylvia A. Guthrie-Terry marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
MARY
MARY rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Jessika
Jessika marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
  • The Life Organizer: A Woman's Guide to a Mindful Year
  • The Revolutionary Trauma Release Process: Transcend Your Toughest Times
  • Finding Your Way Home: A Soul Survival Kit
  • Nighttime Parenting (Revised): How to Get Your Baby and Child to Sleep
  • Be the Person You Want to Find: Relationship and Self-Discovery
  • The Reluctant Entertainer: Every Woman's Guide to Simple and Gracious Hospitality
  • Nourishing Wisdom: A Mind-Body Approach to Nutrition and Well-Being
  • Buddha Standard Time: Awakening to the Infinite Possibilities of Now
  • The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life
  • Wings of Hope
  • Keep Calm and Parent On: A Guilt-Free Approach to Raising Children by Asking More from Them and Doing Less
  • The Illustrated Rumi: A Treasury of Wisdom from the Poet of the Soul
  • The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women
  • Many Ways to Say I Love You: Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers
  • The Feelings Book: The Care & Keeping of Your Emotions
  • One Thing At a Time: 100 Simple Ways to Live Clutter-Free Every Day
  • Living Artfully: Create the Life You Imagine
  • The Story of God and All of Us: Inspirations for Every Day of the Year
Victoria Moran is an inspirational speaker, a certified life coach, and the author of ten books, including Lit from Within; Fat, Broke & Lonely No More; and the international bestseller Creating a Charmed Life. Her articles have appeared in numerous publications, including Body + Soul, Natural Health, and Yoga Journal. Her blog, “Your Charmed Life,” is published daily on Beliefnet. She lives a ...more
More about Victoria Moran...