Start by marking “Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Finding Magic in Every Moment of Every Day” as Want to Read:
Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Finding Magic in Every Moment of Every Day
Preview

Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Finding Magic in Every Moment of Every Day

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Bestselling author Victoria Moran's Living a Charmed Life presents fifty action-inspiring essays that show us how to custom craft our very own blessed lives. Covering topics such as living richly, staying close to what makes you come alive, and being completely, utterly yourself, Moran emphasizes that this kind of happiness is possible for anyone of any age in any circumst ...more
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Living a Charmed Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living a Charmed Life

Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
Usually I don't like "self-help" books. I find them to be wordy, boring, and don't feel like I can actually use a lot of the information in them - whether it is because it doesn't apply to my season of life, something that is common sense that I already do, or just seems like a lot of drivel. This book, however, is truly a gem. There are 50 chapters-just a few pages each that - that could apply to me - my mom - my daughter - my best friend - very universal yet relevant.

My favorite was a chapter
Sharon
Ms. Moran’s guide is full of short essays describing enlightening and uplifting ways for maintaining your life and giving it special meaning to you and the one’s around you. She concludes her essays with a “lucky charm” that suggests “a specific action you can take to apply the essence of that essay”.

As one of those people who needed to be uplifted, I was excited about receiving her book. It didn’t disappoint me. Ms. Moran talks about the simple things in life that we take for granted and how we
Clare
I'm enjoying this book. there are so many exercises that i could work each week on something. This book, more than anything, has made me look for the magic in my own life, and I love recognizing magic when it happens. Great life philosophy. I may buy it, since I've renewed it 3 times already at the library.
Veronica
One of the most helpful books in my life. I was reading this as I was laid off, and it helped keep me sane. It's great just to pick it up once in a while and read a 2 page chapter about something positive.
Amy
I hate that I have to return this book to the library. I'm just going to have to buy it so i can keep it next to my bed in times of weakness. It's truly insightful!
Luminea
This was a really enjoyable book packed with great ideas. Each chapter is short and focused on a particular topic for personal growth and ways you can bring more peace and pleasure into your life. It's great if you only have short bits of time to read...you can get through a chapter quickly and then take the ideas and implement them in your life right away.

I like Victoria's writing style...she is down to earth and shares many stories from her personal life, yet her use of language is quite lovel
Elizabeth
I read this book two months after my father passed away fron years of heart trouble. I felt like I didn't know how to live anymore. I have been applying some of Moran's advice in outting everthing back together and I feel stronger for having read this.
Sandy
Living a charmed life is a very nice book, it gives you advice on things to change to have a more simple and satisfying life. I will be reading more books by this author .
Pamela
It was an easy read. Some great ideas, but not anything new. Good reminders of good things to do to appreciate life and bring more joy and happiness into it. We really can choose happiness at any moment and the author's ideas on where to find it don't match mine. But she does encourage the reader to find their own magic, their own ways to lead a charmed life and her advice on how to do that is sound. I already lead a charmed life and I just need to remind myself of that. A nice book to give as a ...more
Annm
Drivel. Basicaly, you should live the way I live because it works for me. And without a footnote to actual research in sight. Lots and lts of attributes to famus people, though. The sad thing is, theremmay be some good in there, but the way it is all presented makes it useless. Much of it what she says, though, has been at least partially been countered by actual research.

I am glad she is hapopy. It just doesn't mean anything to me as anecdote.
Anne
I might have enjoyed this more had I not read it simultaneosly with "Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust". How ironic. I felt guilty thinking about surrounding myself with beauty or buying something red to wear. Maybe I'll try again later, my charmed life will just have to wait.
Trace
I've read a few of these "how to think differently about your life" books, and I feel they usually aren't written for people who already feel positively about life. This one is different; unique. I will be rereading it for years!
Joy
I loved this book. It is broken down into small chunks for those of us who only have a few moments to read. I found so many tips that were easily implemented into my life. A definite keeper.
Darlene
Loved the short chapters and suggestions for living beyond the day to day routine. If you are looking to explore ways to Increase joy in your life, this book is for you.
Dawnastebbins
Loving it! A feel-good book, Victoria Moran's ideas very helpful, lifting me to higher realms, richer, happier day to day experience. Very simple, very doable. A fun, easy read.
Relyn
Jan 01, 2010 Relyn rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody!!
Recommended to Relyn by: ??
Blech!! Magic. ICK. I was thinking this would be a book about being charming and gracious. It was a silly book of "practical magic". So silly.
Debbie D
Quick interesting chapters with most making sense. Helps to remind one how simple acts can make a life more enriched.
Sara
Dec 04, 2009 Sara is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Given to me by my good friend Maggie. Great gift book for people in transitional times of their lives.
Bernadette
Some good advice, some just okay, but worth reading.
Sherri Caudell
Sherri Caudell is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2015
Michelle Callicott
Michelle Callicott marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Addicted to Books
Addicted to Books marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Anika Bal
Anika Bal marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Ashley Cardy
Ashley Cardy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
  • Buddha Standard Time: Awakening to the Infinite Possibilities of Now
  • Be the Person You Want to Find: Relationship and Self-Discovery
  • Finding Your Way Home: A Soul Survival Kit
  • Nighttime Parenting (Revised): How to Get Your Baby and Child to Sleep
  • The Reluctant Entertainer: Every Woman's Guide to Simple and Gracious Hospitality
  • One Thing At a Time: 100 Simple Ways to Live Clutter-Free Every Day
  • The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time
  • Forgive for Good: A Proven Prescription for Health and Happiness
  • The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life
  • Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide: Reset Your Health, Detox Your Body, and Feel Your Best
  • The Millionth Circle: How to Change Ourselves and The World--The Essential Guide to Women's Circles
  • When Food Is Food & Love Is Love: A Step-By-Step Spiritual Program to Break Free from Emotional Eating
  • Good Nights: The Happy Parents' Guide to the Family Bed (and a Peaceful Night's Sleep!)
  • The Soulmate Secret: Manifest the Love of Your Life with the Law of Attraction
  • Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness
Victoria Moran is an inspirational speaker, a certified life coach, and the author of ten books, including Lit from Within; Fat, Broke & Lonely No More; and the international bestseller Creating a Charmed Life. Her articles have appeared in numerous publications, including Body + Soul, Natural Health, and Yoga Journal. Her blog, “Your Charmed Life,” is published daily on Beliefnet. She lives a ...more
More about Victoria Moran...
Main Street Vegan: Everything You Need to Know to Eat Healthfully and Live Compassionately in the Real World Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know Fit from Within: 101 Simple Secrets to Change Your Body and Your Life - Starting Today and Lasting Forever Shelter for the Spirit: Create Your Own Haven in a Hectic World Lit From Within: Tending Your Soul For Lifelong Beauty