Start by marking “McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This indispensable handbook provides helpful strategies for dealing with both the everyday challenges of university teaching and those that arise in efforts to maximize learning for every student. The suggested strategies are supported by research and adaptable to specific classroom situations. Rather than suggest a "set of recipes" to be followed mechanically, the book gi ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Wadsworth Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about McKeachie's Teaching Tips, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about McKeachie's Teaching Tips

Queen
Second textbook of graduate studies for Adult Education at ECU. Very detailed and comprehensive. Having experience as a teacher I could relate to a lot of it, and further analysis of situations added to the "toolbox" of strategies or issues I might face with students in the classroom.
Mila Mili
i love this book ^_^
Kristin
Nov 03, 2012 Kristin marked it as to-read
Shelves: references
I don't recommend reading this cover to cover. Instead, put it on your bookshelf and consult it when needed. The short chapters make it easy to use for quick advice when you have a teaching challenge.

We use this book in the Center for Teaching and Learning's Early Career Teaching Program. I also recommend it for pharmacy residents who plan to teach in the classroom or lab.
Anna
Fantastic tips for teaching, college level particularly. I'm a little biased though because I have Svinicki as a prof, and I've already learned so much in her course.
Therese Catherine
This is an extremely useful resource. I don't recommend reading it cover to cover, though, as it seems to be more of a reference book.
Michael Scott
[TO EXPAND. Strong points: Active Learning; course preparation, months before the first lecture; first week in class]
Vincent Darlage
This is a pretty good reference for teachers.
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Mohd Ghazali
Mohd Ghazali marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Marie
Marie added it
Mar 10, 2015
Silvano Gumbe
Silvano Gumbe marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Marcy Bitner
Marcy Bitner marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Erik Richvoldsen
Erik Richvoldsen marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Karen Wurl
Karen Wurl is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers, 13th Edition McKeachie's Teaching Tips McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers