4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This indispensable handbook provides helpful strategies for dealing with both the everyday challenges of university teaching and those that arise in efforts to maximize learning for every student. The suggested strategies are supported by research and adaptable to specific classroom situations. Rather than suggest a "set of recipes" to be followed mechanically, the book gi...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Wadsworth Publishing Company

Kristin
Nov 03, 2012 Kristin marked it as to-read
Shelves: references
I don't recommend reading this cover to cover. Instead, put it on your bookshelf and consult it when needed. The short chapters make it easy to use for quick advice when you have a teaching challenge.

We use this book in the Center for Teaching and Learning's Early Career Teaching Program. I also recommend it for pharmacy residents who plan to teach in the classroom or lab.
Anna
Fantastic tips for teaching, college level particularly. I'm a little biased though because I have Svinicki as a prof, and I've already learned so much in her course.
Therese Catherine
This is an extremely useful resource. I don't recommend reading it cover to cover, though, as it seems to be more of a reference book.
Michael Scott
[TO EXPAND. Strong points: Active Learning; course preparation, months before the first lecture; first week in class]
Vincent Darlage
This is a pretty good reference for teachers.
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Pranjal
Pranjal marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Paul Beling
Paul Beling marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Sanam
Sanam marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers, 13th Edition McKeachie's Teaching Tips McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers (College Teaching Series)