Start by marking “The Curse of the Romany Wolves” as Want to Read:
The Curse of the Romany Wolves

The Curse of the Romany Wolves

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Penhaligon takes on pirates and sea serpents on the high seas.

The creatures of Porthleven are suffering from a mysterious illness that looks like Febra lupi, the curse of the Romany wolves, which has no known cure. The dashing apothecary fox Penhaligon must find a cure or risk losing everyone he holds dear!

Penhaligon uncovers a fragment of parchment that just might be a r
Published August 11th 2009 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Curse of the Romany Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curse of the Romany Wolves

Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Read aloud to my 10yo ds.

Both my son and I love animal fantasy and loved The Daring Adventures of Penhaligon Brush that it was obvious that we would read together this sequel. And I'm happy to report we both enjoyed this very much as well. In fact, I'll say ds enjoyed it more than I did simply because of the theme this time around including sailing the seas and pirates, which he absolutely adores. This book is a sequel to the first and while events and characters (not present
Taurean J. Watkins
Mar 03, 2013 Taurean J. Watkins rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who crave intense action and fast moving plots.
Nail-biting action, inner drama, outward complications, and the true bonds of family and friendship. What's not to love? Just as great as the first if not better.

It's an interesting mix of Adventure, Fantasy, and Swashbuckling mayhem.

Anyone who likes Redwall but wants a different setting, faster pacing, and a smaller, more intimate cast of characters would enjoy it.

Also for anyone who, like me, loves seeing friendship and love conquer all. Not to mention it's one of the few books I can find of t
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Holly Owen for TeensReadToo.com

How far would you go to save a loved one's life? Would you board a rickety ship captained by an ornery, money-hungry cat? Or jump into a tangle of seaweed where a sea serpent lies in wait? Or even travel to an island rumored to be inhabited by fierce creatures? Penhaligon Brush did all that and more. He's a fox with an eye for adventure, a head for medicinal healing, and a heart as pure as gold.

When his adopted wolf cub, Donald, becomes stricken with a
Logan
This is the sequel to the much-enjoyed "Daring Adventures of Penhaligon Brush," in which Penhaligon as adopted two Romany (read: gypsy) wolf cubs, one of whom has now come down with Febra Lupi, aka the curse of the romany wolves. To save his cub from wolf fever, he must travel far and wide to find Stony Lunacrop, a crucial herb for the cure. Here there be dragons. Sea dragons. Also, a cranky cat with a hilarious accent and a guinea pig with a mohawk. Plus, a reunion of sorts with the terrible fe ...more
B
Good adventure with pirates, sea serpents and a curse.
I didn't read the first adventure by Rogan so it took a little while to figure out the characters but I really enjoyed the characters from the rogues to the good guys.. It was a fast moving plot. Boys would enjoy the action!
Katie Jane
More fantasy than the first book; just as much adventure.
Rachel
Rachel added it
Apr 10, 2015
Em
Em added it
Aug 01, 2014
Mara
Mara marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Geoffrey
Geoffrey marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Lemur-Cat
Lemur-Cat marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
C
C marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Kimberly Souza
Kimberly Souza marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
S. Jones Rogan traveled the world, looking for adventure. She now encourages all types of book exploration as an elementary school librarian in Los Angeles.
More about S. Jones Rogan...
The Daring Adventures of Penhaligon Brush