Start by marking “Alice in Wonderland” as Want to Read:
Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland

Alice can't believe her eyes when a white rabbit wearing a waistcoat and carrying a pocket watch dashes by her. She chases after him, down a rabbit hole to a strange land full of exotic creatures, like the Mad Hatter and March Hare, a smiling Cheshire cat, a philosophical caterpillar, and a tempermental croquet-playing queen. Alice can hardly keep track of all the curious ...more
Published December 22nd 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Alice in Wonderland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice in Wonderland

Vicky
Jun 09, 2011 Vicky rated it really liked it
Shelves: enfants
I read "Alice" as a kid and had a great memory of it but had never picked it up as an adult and more importantly I had read it in French, not speaking English as a child. I was delighted to discover how he plays with words, with the meanings, the differences and the similarities of words and expressions. In my memory this book was all about imagination, now I can see that it's also about how you can play with words, how language can be a wonderful thing. Essentially is it not a book about the lo ...more
fabiola
Dec 01, 2010 fabiola rated it liked it
I liked the "adventures" described in the book, it is just so hard to follow along. Some of the scenes change so fast, and separating the adventures in Wonderland and into the looking-glass made it even more difficult to understand.

I feel I will need to research the story a bit more and try and figure out the mindset that Carroll was in when imagining this story.
Jen
Nov 07, 2009 Jen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody!
Shelves: childrens, fantasy
This has GOT to be one of the DUMBEST stories ever told! I have NO idea how it became so popular. (Mikey won a copy of this at the KSL Book Festival, and we thought we should read it since this is the play the kids will be doing for Up With Kids this year.)
Ernesto gutierrez
Jun 04, 2010 Ernesto gutierrez rated it liked it
I din't really enjoy this book much. It is probably because this is a children book. The story was really interesting and the characters were great. But it just dint not keep me wanthing to read more.
Lisa
I like the story of Alice, but I don't love it. It was entertaining in a silly sort of way. Just not my cup of tea. The best thing about reading this was I got to do it on my son's Nook. That experience made the story better for me.
Sylvia
Sep 22, 2010 Sylvia rated it it was ok
It was hard to keep reading in because it was such nonsense. After reading how the book came about and getting into the part with puns, I liked it better....but definitely not my favorite book!
Allison
Jun 11, 2014 Allison rated it really liked it
It was a good version for my mtss students to read: short, easy to read, and gave students a glimpse into this strange classic.
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2011
Anna Baines
Anna Baines rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Monika jena
Monika jena rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Dorys R
Dorys R rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2017
Eva Duncan
Eva Duncan rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2010
Clare Keogh
Clare Keogh rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2011
Reagan
Reagan rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Jessy
Jessy rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
jannipa
jannipa rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Koharu
Koharu rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Krista
Krista rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2010
Belle (Corazón de Papel)
Belle (Corazón de Papel) rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Philswe
Philswe rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2010
Siddharth
Siddharth rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Edward Rodriguez
Edward Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2010
Marlana
Marlana rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2011
Angie2874
Angie2874 rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2010
Zelderia
Zelderia rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2010