Start by marking “Alice in Wonderland” as Want to Read:
Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Alice can't believe her eyes when a white rabbit wearing a waistcoat and carrying a pocket watch dashes by her. She chases after him, down a rabbit hole to a strange land full of exotic creatures, like the Mad Hatter and March Hare, a smiling Cheshire cat, a philosophical caterpillar, and a tempermental croquet-playing queen. Alice can hardly keep track of all the curious ...more
Published December 22nd 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Alice in Wonderland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice in Wonderland

Vicky
I read "Alice" as a kid and had a great memory of it but had never picked it up as an adult and more importantly I had read it in French, not speaking English as a child. I was delighted to discover how he plays with words, with the meanings, the differences and the similarities of words and expressions. In my memory this book was all about imagination, now I can see that it's also about how you can play with words, how language can be a wonderful thing. Essentially is it not a book about the lo ...more
Allison
It was a good version for my mtss students to read: short, easy to read, and gave students a glimpse into this strange classic.
fabiola
I liked the "adventures" described in the book, it is just so hard to follow along. Some of the scenes change so fast, and separating the adventures in Wonderland and into the looking-glass made it even more difficult to understand.

I feel I will need to research the story a bit more and try and figure out the mindset that Carroll was in when imagining this story.
Jen
Sep 13, 2010 Jen added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody!
Shelves: childrens, fantasy
This has GOT to be one of the DUMBEST stories ever told! I have NO idea how it became so popular. (Mikey won a copy of this at the KSL Book Festival, and we thought we should read it since this is the play the kids will be doing for Up With Kids this year.)
Lisa
I like the story of Alice, but I don't love it. It was entertaining in a silly sort of way. Just not my cup of tea. The best thing about reading this was I got to do it on my son's Nook. That experience made the story better for me.
Ernesto gutierrez
I din't really enjoy this book much. It is probably because this is a children book. The story was really interesting and the characters were great. But it just dint not keep me wanthing to read more.
Sylvia
It was hard to keep reading in because it was such nonsense. After reading how the book came about and getting into the part with puns, I liked it better....but definitely not my favorite book!
Alec
It was fun but I felt parts dragged a bit. Overall, a fun book to relax with.
Lauri
Re-read after so many years. Still crazy and still classic!
Laaina
Laaina marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Leland LeCuyer
Leland LeCuyer marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Tanyshacunningham
Tanyshacunningham marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Teasha
Teasha marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Israel
Israel marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Carrie
Carrie added it
Oct 04, 2013
Mitchell
Mitchell marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Dragon Egg Unicorn Wings Water Wishes Earth Magic (Magic Elements Quartet #2) Fire Dreams (Magic Elements Quartet #4)