Start by marking “The Satin Sash” as Want to Read:
The Satin Sash

The Satin Sash

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Among three lovers, there are ties that bind...
Business partners and best friends Grey Richards and Heath Solis are as different as night and day. Grey is calm, confident, and always in control. Heath is as passionate as his smoldering looks. No woman can resist them, and it's always been easy to share. Until now...
Grey is head over heels in love. He'll do anything to s
Published December 1st 2009 by New American Library (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Satin Sash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Satin Sash

Styles
I presume you know what the book is about. I'm letting you know what I liked or disliked about it.

This book was smokin' hot. At one point while reading outside my home - couldn't say where exactly - I recall thinking I should look around and make sure no one is watching me because lord only knew what expression was on my face. Seriously. I liked this book very much.

Erin
This book held so much promise when I started. It was actually pretty intriguing and enthralling for the first 50 or so pages. Some good character development, I could even forgive the typical Man-Who-Will-Never-Commit and Plain-Woman-Who-Is-Not-His-Usual-Type characters that have been a little overdone.

This plotline grates because we have enough women out there who believe that this type of man will fall forever in love with her and they'll live happily every after! I don't think we need to fur
Susie Q
If you are a fan of menage and don't mind M/M interaction, you will love this book.

As a lover of menage fiction, I have read a lot of "thrown together" plots held together weakly with sex as the only glue. This is not one of those books. It is steamy hot, fraught with emotion and extremely hard to put down. Although not short in length, I wished it was longer, if only so I could enjoy the world these characters existed in a little longer. Made me an instant fan of Red, and I have since bought ev
Splage
This has to be one of the dirtiest, sex filled, scorching hot books I have ever read. Definitely not something overly deep that is going to stick with you, but more of an explosive one night stand. There was a decent story centered about 2 very intense best friends, Grey and Heath and Grey's girlfriend Toni. The sex was consuming and fierce and every kind of sex imaginable between consenting adults. There was also some major jealousy and possessiveness by Grey, a little scary, he was sort of lik ...more
Nicole
I would rather the heroin have to make a choice. She gets her cake and eats it too.
Darcy
This was one of those rare erotica books that made me sad when reading part of it. We have 3 people that have a connection and all but one of them fight the connection they have.

This books seems to be divided into parts. The first quarter of the book introduces us to Grey and Toni, it pretty much sets up their relationship. Then business partner Heath enters and shakes things up. The shake up ends with the 3 of them in Cabo, where the next half of the book takes part. Cabo is basically one big s
KatiD
"Your woman wants me."

That's the opening line of The Satin Sash by Red Garnier. When Grey Reynolds hears his best friend and business partner, Heath Solis, say this, his blood runs cold. He and Antoina "Toni" Kearney have been lovers for two years. And in those two years, Grey has been consumed by his strong feelings for Toni. From the moment he met her, he knew that he wanted her. And she has made him happier than he's ever been. She soothes the darker side of him, and she enhances his life in
Tanya
Gray & Heath are business partners and have known each other for years. Gray has a girlfriend Toni and has a luxury apartment whilst Heath is bi-sexual and lives out of several hotels depending on where he is in the world.

At a business dinner is where Heath first meets Toni and after dancing with her he announces to Gray that 'Your woman wants me' and offers to be a third in their relationship.

Gray struggles with this confession and decides to seek out from Toni if this is actually true. To
Nancy
I really enjoyed this menage book, the three characters were so different from each other yet they needed one another to complete each other. Grey was the wealthy good looking executive with a father who kept him from shining to his full potential. Heath was a man with serious belonging issues, he was raised without a loving caring family and he is scared and feels he is undeserving of love. The lady in the mix all 5 ft 4 inch Toni, is an average woman who loves her men, both of them.

Toni is att
Diana~
This book had so much promise but I guess I was let down in the end. The heroine is the epitome of everything that I hate. She just keeps wanting more when she basically has Grey on his hands and knees. Gah! Seeing him hurt was just absolutely horrible. And I don't even want to speak about Heath. Proper review will come eventually.
C.B.
God, this was this steamiest damn thing i've ever read. The raw emotional hunger and need for each other grabs you from the start. Yowza!
Ana
Amazing, amazing book. I highly recommend it!
Rachel Roberts
*Groan*

In between a totally unrealistic story is some pretty raunchy sex scenes, which get the blood pumping. If you can forget that this would NEVER HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE that is! But I guess thats why we read these books isn't it - because they allow us to escape into a world of fantasy.

The female lead character is a sperm hungry airhead, who lacks depth and personality, apart from being focused on where her need shag is coming from. All we know is that she's a graphic designer who is touting fo
Beate
The book is well written with an all right plot. It's not meant to be anything but an erotic romance, and doesn't pretend to be either. I do have a couple issues with the book, which is why it "only" landed on a 3/5 star rating.

Condoms: The author makes a point to point out that the 3rd player in the story has "been around" some, and that they should use condoms in case of STD's and such. Seems the author quickly forgot about the condom. It was only mentioned once or twice in the book. This is a
Adina
It was just ok. I liked the beginning of the book, plot was sexy & interesting. Cabo was fun & sexy time! But you lost me at the end. I don't understand why these two beautiful, smart guys, wanted "Toni" soooo much, they couldn't live without her? It was like all based on sex, She really had nothing else going for her! The ending was very disappointing, especially with the 3 way kissing? Ugh come on, I love erotic romance, but this ending just did not make me believe it could be real.
Lea
Hmmm i was giving 3 stars because there are some parts deserved 5 stars and another parts seems blah.
The 5 stars part : a fresh idea about menage relationship where one guy is reluctant about the other guy presence in the relationship. This appeared as the main problem and it does worked great. It brought angst and emotional rollercoaster
The 1 star part : No epilogue, seriously?!
Erinaceina
This was surprisingly depressing. I really wanted to like it, and the different take on the ménage theme was interesting. But, in the end, the ménage never felt like a natural end for Heath and Grey, something they wanted and which completed them. I only felt that it was Antonia who truly wanted it. For the men, particularly Grey, it was a bitter and fragile compromise. This may be more psychologically realistic, but it wasn't as fun to read as, for instance, Lora Leigh's Forbidden Pleasure.
J.L.
This book is a story about a threesome. I bought the book on sale at Chapters and thought I would give it a shot. But is really is not my thing. The story begins with Grey and Toni who are in love and then Grey's friend and business partner, Heath comes into the mix. They spend a wonderful vacation together in Mexico and Toni and Heath cannot let it go. This causes conflict between Grey and Toni. Grey is a well to do person and appearances of something like this relationship would be devastating ...more
Sidney Sitravon
One of the all time greats in threesome erotica...
Jenne
3.5
The first half of this was a tad slow and I didn't connect to the characters, the last half really picked up and I found myself having a hard time putting it down. It was a pretty steamy read and by the end of the book I had connected to the characters. I typically read dark erotica and this was a little different than that, more of a contemporary meets erotica. If you're in the mood for a book that's hot without an emotional overload I'd recommend this one.
Bridget
Writing in this story could be tighter. I found myself skipping over many sections because the author overcooks the romance scenes - must have had too few words to satisfy the publisher. Unlikely premise, but then, it is fiction. Grey Richards is deeply in love with Toni. They have well established relationship, until she meets his travelling business partner, Heath, and sparks fly. Conflicting needs struggle with common needs between the three.
Miranda
Mini Review: Grey is so bottled up inside about this menage situation, that I find myself holding my breath and waiting for him to explode and ruin the whole thing. In the end, I just finally got to know these characters and be comfortable inside their heads.

Visit me at Sweet Vernal Zephyr for my long winded reviews.
Joanna  Mongelluzzo
So i wanna give this book a 3.5....i would give 5 stars for all the sex scenes because there are a lot of them in the book...hot scenes and some scenes are like "eww...ok?" LOL
I would give it 2 stars for no character development in the book.
Book was hot just wished there was more about the characters. I would recommend it to anyone who loves erotic books!
Ashlee
This is one of the best ménage books I've ever read. I let it sit in my wish list for a while because it was a bit expensive but I'm so glad that I purchased it now. The emotion that Garnier conveys between these characters is unprecedented. I felt like I knew them. I am definitely going to read more by this author.
Gina (bibliobuff)
Overall, it was a good, hot read, but I wasn't sold on the connection between Toni and Heath. I actually felt pretty bad for Grey throughout the whole thing. But the book addresses the jealousy in a menage situation well — something that doesn't come up that often in other menage books.
Lauren R. -CherryRed's Reads
You will squirm reading this but wish the characters we're developed more.
Hot sex scenes and some of them I was like "okay, that's a twist!" story was a bit choppy on how it flowed from one scene to another.

If you want a story to get you worked up, read this one!
Peggy
One star for Grey and the other for Heath. Originally one star was meant for the various sex (can't even call them "love") scenes. But a star is to be deducted because I dislike Toni. And, the third wheel should really be Toni.
Lynn
I loved this book. It's one of my all time favorites.
Wendy
This book....WOW. I will definitely be checking out more books from this author. Not only were the sex scenes hot, but the story grabs you as well....five stars for sure!
Mitzi
I first discovered this author in the anthology Men of Danger. Her short story was very good and this novel is even better. Very good.....and Hot!!! A solid B+.
  • True Heart
  • One Weekend
  • Wicked Hot
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • The Bikini Diaries
  • Jaded (Court of Edaeii, #2)
  • Anchor and Storm
  • Between Brothers
  • Triple Play
  • Blackmailed
  • At Love's Command (Brothers in Arms, #4)
Red Garnier is an erotic romance author whose first book released from Ellora's Cave Publishing in May 2007 to receive a Fallen Angel Recommended Read.

She writes fun and sexy erotic contemporaries as well as paranormals, which can range from dark and emotionally intense, to witty and fun and sweet as cherries! Whatever she's writing at the time, Red loves to sit down with her characters and let th
More about Red Garnier...
Claimed by Him (The Billionaire's Club #1) Taken by Him (The Billionaire's Club #2) Bound by Him (The Billionaire's Club #3) Kept by Him (The Billionaire's Club #4) Bared by Him: (The Billionaire's Club #5)