Start by marking “Notorious (Seidkhan, #17)” as Want to Read:
Notorious (Seidkhan, #17)

Notorious (Sedikhan #17)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  386 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In #1 New York Times bestselling author Iris Johansen’s gripping novel of romantic suspense, a man’s lust for revenge turns into an obsession with his brother’s wife.

Beautiful actress Mallory Thane endured the harsh, unforgiving glare of publicity during the trial in which she stood accused of murdering her husband. But even the acquittal that set her free couldn’t ease th
Published January 5th 2010 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Notorious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notorious

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Notorious could have been a soap opera story arc. I don't mean that in a demeaning way, either. Soap operas can be very watchable, and enjoyable. I did my share of soap opera watching before I became a working woman who didn't have time for daytime television, and I don't judge people who enjoy them. So, in a good way, this reminded me of my soap opera-watching days.

Sabin starts out a pretty scary character who mellows over the course of the book. Although Mallory's husband's murder paints her a
willaful
This starts out gloriously Old Skool, with Sabin, a crazed, obsessed hero, kidnapping his step-sister-in-law Mallory, the woman he believes “owes him” her body. Fun times ahead! And indeed, there’s a classic old skool climactic scene -- that unfortunately takes place on page 31 of 136. Everything after that seemed like an anti-climax, and I was bemused by how easily the characters brush off what happened. Mallory especially, who discovers she was betrayed in a particularly horrible way (view spo ...more
Robin Priddy
Actress Mallory Thane has been accused of murdering her husband. After she is found not guilty, she is ready to leave New York behind and start a new life elsewhere. Then out of the blue she is offered a staring role in a film that takes place overseas. She gladly accepts. What she doesn't know is the offer came for a movie studio owned by her brother-in-law. And he plans on keeping her with him until he gets the answers to what happened. Sabin Wyatt felt something for Mallory the first time he ...more
Dlytle
Occasionally steamy romance with an actress acquitted of murder but tricked into going to Sedikhan where she is held against her will. And of course, they live happily ever after.

The characters are superficial, and there isn't even a glint of local culture to make the settings more enticing.

I'll stick with Johansen's mysteries and steer clear of the coerced love stories.
T.M. Carper
Fairly standard romance with some intrigue regarding the murder of Mallory's husband, but that is wrapped up quickly at the end. The main focus is on Mallory and Sabian. It is clearly set in the late 1980s even though it was reprinted in the late 2000s.
carole
Secondhand story

loosely related to the rest of the series, but still a good plot and story. Have read this book before and it holds up to a good reread.
Lisa Ward
Jun 04, 2015 Lisa Ward rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Friends
Great book love the unexpected
Kathy Dickinson
I really loved this book. Lots of romance & tenderness. Would love someone to swoop in & show me what I was missing! So sexy!
Caitlyn
The characters weren't realistic, the plot was lacking and it seemed like the only reaso there was any interaction with the main characters was so they could have sex.
Corinne Yee
I usually love Iris Johansen, but this was not one of her best works. The characters didn't really click for me, and it was pretty predictable.
Shan
Mallory was a little unbelievable. Dripping in such sweetness that it made it tough to relate too. Finish was good, tough to enjoy her character
Betty
Mar 06, 2012 Betty marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I normally enjoy Ms Johansen but this book was a waste of time. I rate the book I read from 1 to 10. I gave this one a 5.
Darlene Wilson
This one had the "feel" of Johansen - but I kept waiting for Eve Duncan to pop out somewhere --
A lighter romance/suspense
This was OK. Very eighties romance. It was a mindless enjoyable read, but some of her other books are much better.
Ruth
LS #378. barely ok. i liked it better when i read it in 1998. dated category romance (loveswept).
Ellen
Didn't stand out in my mind enough to remember...
Ludwig
spicy but good fast entertainment
Jane
Way too predictable.
Tiffany Custer
Tiffany Custer marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Debra Faulhefer
Debra Faulhefer marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
  • Rafe, The Maverick (The Shamrock Trinity, #1) (The Delaneys, #1)
  • The Long Surrender
  • The Fire Of Spring (Silhouette Desire, No 265)
  • Tempestuous
  • House of Glass
  • Beyond Compare (Harlequin Presents, #1282)
  • A Prince for Jenny (Loveswept, No 656)
  • The Secret Love-Child
  • Bad Boy of New Orleans
Iris Johansen is a New York Times bestselling author. She began her writing after her children left home for college. She first achieved success in the early 1980s writing category romances. In 1991, Johansen began writing suspense historical romance novels, starting with the publication of The Wind Dancer. In 1996 Johansen switched genres, turning to crime fiction, with which she has had great su ...more
More about Iris Johansen...

Sedikhan (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Golden Barbarian (Sedikhan, #1)
  • The Golden Valkyrie (Sedikhan, #2)
  • The Trustworthy Redhead (Sedikhan, #3)
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • Touch The Horizon (Sedikhan, #5)
  • A Summer Smile (Sedikhan, #6)
  • And The Desert Blooms (Sedikhan, #7)
  • Always (Sedikhan, #8)
  • Everlasting (Sedikhan, #9)
  • Til The End Of Time (Sedikhan, #10)
The Killing Game (Eve Duncan, #2) The Face Of Deception (Eve Duncan, #1) The Search (Eve Duncan, #3) Eve (Eve, Quinn and Bonnie #1) Body of Lies (Eve Duncan, #4)

“life moved in cycles of darkness and light, and even when things were darkest there was usually something bright to hold on to.” 0 likes
“the great beauties of the world were the women who displayed not only beauty but character:” 0 likes