Start by marking “Home Ground (Darshian Tales, #4)” as Want to Read:
Home Ground (Darshian Tales, #4)

Home Ground (Darshian Tales #4)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Wepizi is ready for the challenge of a new post, but it will test him more than he ever imagined, and Prince Juimei will learn the true role of a leader in a great crisis. In 'Bearing Fruit', it’s time for Kei, Arman and their friends to explore the fruits of peace and to build on the hard work of the last two decades. But if they thought life had settled down – they were...more
Published November 25th 2006 by Ann Somerville (LuLu) (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Home Ground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Ground

Eisheth
I really enjoyed this installment of the Darshian Tales. Fantasy though it is, just like the rest of the series it doesn't lack for believable details and realistic, large-scale world-building. I'm pretty sure at this point that I know more about the history, geography, and politics of this world than I do about my own.

As I've come to expect from the Darshian books, the characters are multi-dimensional, realistic, and sympathetic. Sometimes they're kind, sometimes they're cruel, but you can alw...more
Evaine
Home Ground Ann Somerville

I totally enjoyed this 4th volume of Darshian Tales. I love how Ann's characters take their time falling in love and how each love is different - so often in series works, we see the same relationship played out over and over again with only the names changing. Not with Ann's works. Home Ground was a little ... I guess more quiet than the other books, but that, I believe, is because Wepizi is a calmer, more even-tempered character than any of the others that Ann has wri...more
Sho
Apr 06, 2013 Sho rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy, m-m
A.B. Gayle
I especially enjoyed "Home Ground" even though it didn't centre around the main characters from the other books. The world building was fantastic. Perhaps it may have fared better published separately as a spin-off. But the Darshian Tales are more than just a mm romance between two characters. They're better viewed as mainstream fantasy that just happen to deal with characters in male pairings. The side characters inhabit and enrich all the books so much, that I enjoyed jumping into a couple of...more
Heather Koehler
The last book in the Darshian Tales is two stories, which I'll review separately.

First: Home Ground. I found this story a strange way to end the series. Other than Wepizi being a character in the third book, I'm not sure I see the connection to the rest of the series. The first three books built off of Arman and Kei's story in Kuprij and Darshian. This story comes out of left field. That being said, I did enjoy getting to know Prince Juimei.

Second: Bearing Fruit. Now this story I can see ending...more
Aelfwina
Only read this to see how it would all end. Was pleasantly surprised that this one was better than the previous two... but still not as put-together as the first one. Was also nice to finally get a break from all the self-recrimination of the first 3 books...
Tamela
This is one of the best series I've read. Again a long story but the progression builds to a totally satisfying ending.
Katie
I really liked this series. The journey taken by Kei and Arman was influenced by the strength of their characters, not by some super awesome powers that make them ~*~a special snowflake~*~. Kei was unusual in having two Gifts, but they hurt him more than they ever helped his cause.

The fact that the hurt/comfort went both ways really made it seem like their relationship was on an even keel, considering Kei and Arman's various states of freedom throughout the four books.
Katie

Zuyuan
One thing I love most about this series is the couple from first book wasn't discarded. I read series cause I love main characters from vol.1 and want to know more about them, in the same time I want to read something new too which done so well in this.

For "Home Ground" it's like I'm reading new stories but it's as good as others chapters. I think I'm a bit fall in love with Jui now.

Great praise for author.
Melissa
i really enjoy the growth that Somerville shows in her characters. Though i feel like the relationships her stories portray echo each other (yet manage to be unique in ways that kept me steadily reading 4 books), the characters all show great capacities to grow, change, and accept/share love, even in unconventional places.
Ravyn
Just re-read this one for probably the 3rd or 4th time. There's nothing I don't like about this series except for the fact that it ends here.
CJ88
Not as good as the other Darshian Tales. Very low on the heat index.
Nightcolors
3.5 stars.
1st read: Dec 17 - 20, 2010.
2nd: May 6 - 11, 2012.
Duane Colwell
Another in a long list of wonderful stories by Anne Somerville.
Crude
Crude is currently reading it
Oct 07, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Aerulan
Aerulan marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Dynasty of Ghosts
  • Dream (Aisling, #2)
  • Hallowed Bond (Chronicles of Ylandre, #2)
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • Raven and the Wolf (Eyrder Saga, #1)
  • The Archer's Heart
  • His Holy Bones (Rifter #10)
  • The Bastard Prince (Kria, #3)
  • Inherent Gifts
  • Dominion of the Eth (Wings #2)
  • Flux
Ann Somerville grew up in one of Australia’s prettiest small cities. In 1989, she left Australia with a BA and a burning ambition to see more of the world and its people, and to discover this ‘culture’ thing people kept telling her about. In 2006, she returned home to Southeast Queensland with two more degrees (this time in science and IT), an English husband and a staggering case of homesickness,...more
More about Ann Somerville...
Kei's Gift (Darshian Tales, #1) Remastering Jerna (Remastering Jerna, #1) I Was An Alien Cat Toy Many Roads Home Somatesthesia