Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)

Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop #2)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  697 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Like a plot out of a soap opera, bachelor Daikichi Kawachi's boringly normal life got a touch of the abnormal when he learned that his late granddad left behind a love child. And further rattling the unexpected skeleton in the closet? The ungainly, unglamorous Daikichi's impulsive decision to take in little Rin! But as the impromptu dad and his charge learn to adapt to bot...more
Published September 28th 2010 by Yen Press (first published February 8th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bunny Drop 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunny Drop 2

Arminzerella
Amy Keeley
This volume flows really well from #1. Rin continues to come out of her shell, growing more confident and happier. She's absolutely adorable, especially as she begins to form a relationship with the same family members who refused to take her in at the funeral.

Daikichi is the one who really shines in this volume, though. He's becoming more and more comfortable with Rin, and has begun to really consider her a part of his life. However, in this volume, he also realizes that her mother needs to be...more
Nicole
I love this series. It's about family. And generations. And looking back over your life to understand the impact of your own actions on others.

The relationship that Daikichi has developed with young Rin is so sweet - full of respect and tenderness and genuine love. And the more he matures as Rin's guardian, the more he sees his own family/parents in a new light (e.g., the struggles they had, the sacrifices they made). In volume 2, I love how Daikichi has found a sort of comrade in arms with the...more
Bunnyjadwiga
Very cute for Manga tackling of the problems of parenthood. There is suspense about the child's mother, but most of it is just about learning to be a parent and how it changes your interactions with the rest of the world. I especially identify with this because my son is going through the preschool to elementary school transition that the child is going through in this book.
Deanna Knippling
This is a tentative 4. My daughter picked up book 2, and now we need to go back to book 1 and see how it goes. Everything seems to be firing on all cylinders, though.

The art is a lot of fun - no hesitation in showing people at their most ridiculous expressions here.
Kari Ramirez
I love Daikichi and Rin more and more with every page turn. Rin is just so cute and even though she can be painfully shy, with Daikichi is isn't afraid to speak up and let him know what she thinks. It's obvious that she loved Daikichi and he in turn loves her.

Daikichi is working so hard to do his best and leaving behind all the 'fun adult stuff' he used to do, making him feel like an old man. But slowly (albeit, painfully slowly) he seems to be cultivating something with Kouki's mom!

We do get to...more
Will
This book had me on the edge of tears. It's not a complicated book -- in some ways it's very simple. The strength of the book comes from its simplicity. Daikichi is charmingly awkward and self conscious about his role as a parent, and the book shows a world you typically don't see in fiction.

Bunny Drop is explicit about how much sacrifice and missed opportunities can come from raising a child. It also frames the world in terms of Daikichi's thoughts and feelings about his new charge, and even th...more
Jess
Meh...I was really disappointed with the revel of Rin's birth mother. The rest of the books works well, but this part was just a big let down so I don't think I'm going to continue reading the series
Hillary
Continuing the simple yet wonderful story of 30-yr-old Daikichi who decides to take in his deceased grandfather's 6-yr-old daughter, Rin.
I really enjoy the realism of the story. Daikichi isn't perfect but he isn't stupid either. He knows it will be a huge change but he does his best. The everyday trials he goes through such as finding a daycare center and changing his job so he can spend more time at home for Rin is done so matter-of-factly you almost miss the heartwarming warmth. Almost. In v....more
Kristan
Even better than the first volume! Simple concept to a story yet I can't seem to put it down. Very cute and enjoyable read.
S. J.
Aug 18, 2013 S. J. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, mostly females, people interested in manga, fans of real life manga
Recommended to S. by: Library; Series
My Review of Bunny Drop #1

Rin and Daikichi's story continues as they prepare for Rin to enter elementary school, she meets a new friend, and Daikichi continues to learn how to care for a small human person. The mystery of Rin's mother is also solved but the encounter is less then satisfactory.

The drawing and the overall aspects of the story remain the same and I discuss them more in depth in the review above.

If you enjoyed the first volume (and if you give it chance I think you will), this sec...more
Estara
The second volume of this story is even stronger, because the interaction between guardian Daikichi and six-year-old Rin has more time to shine. While Daikichi may be too good to be true in the real world - with his steadfast determination to be the parent for Rin and giving up his old career, which set standards for his department - it is believably complex in the interaction between him, Rin, his parents and especially the finally discovered mother.

I love the way the mangaka makes Rin a real...more
Amanda
Rin is so cute! She reminds me a lot of me.. I'm absolutely loving this series so far, so cute!!
Nura
awww... so sweet... I would like to marry Daikichi... hahaha... baru sekarang nyadar susahnya jadi orang tua. daftar sekolah aja ribet pisan. terharu liat daikichi nempelin name tag di semua peralatan sekolahnya Rin. Pas adegan Rin minta dikuncirin jadi inget waktu nyokap ngelahirin adek gw, gw masih TK dan karena ga da nyokap akhirnya dikuncirin sama bokap. kuncirannya jelek banget. hehehe... piss beh. you're still the best dad ever since.
Gw juga sedikit ngerti perasaan emaknya si Rin. I wish I...more
Miss
I don't really have anything new to say about this volume? Still enjoying watching Daikichi and Rin's relationship build and Daikichi progressing through Parenting: the Joy and Challenges of. I'm very fond of Rin, precocious sweetheart that she is. Favourite moments were Daikichi's conversation with his dad about the sacrifices his mother made to raise him and the ponytail scene with Rin and Daikichi. 4 stars
Warnie B.
In this volume, Daikichi begins to learn a little more about who Rin's mother is and tries to figure out what's best for her; in the meantime he's also learning more about Rin herself and is having to figure out how to talk to her about some things that are hard. Daikichi also reluctantly takes Rin to visit his family and finds that she even manages to win them over! Still cute, still sweet. On to volume 3...
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
What a fun series! I love Daikichi and his determination to raise Rin by himself. This is a quiet series, with emphasis on character development. It is fun to watch as Daikichi is forced to grow up and provide an emotionally stable home for Rin. It's even more gratifying to see him want to raise her because he has come to care for her like a daughter. Great series!
Arielle
Proof that my library actually does carry some good manga if you know where to look. Engrossing storyline, cute characters, and just overall very good. The artwork's a little shaky, but I'm probably just used to the beautiful people of typical anime and manga. Can't wait to see the next volumes!
Douglas Cootey
The mystery of Rin's mother is solved. What a self-indulgent but ultimately interesting character. Good storytelling makes us care about the characters, and this volume succeeds even with a character as despicable as Rin's mother. There is a redemption tale waiting to be told there.
Chris Hanson
Even more than the first volume, Bunny Drop volume 2 pulled at my heartstrings like there was no tomorrow. It just arrived today, I glanced at it, and before I knew it I was halfway through and unable to stop myself from reading the rest.
Emily
I continue to love this sweet series! Daikichi really seems to be growing, and Rin is so cute. I found the character of Rin's mother to be confusing, but I imagine that's partly plot device and more will be revealed later on.
Barbara
This must be one of the cutest, sweetest manga I've read. The characters are relate-able, and the story doesn't wander too far into unbelievable territory.

Easily one of my favorites, and I've only read two volumes!
Shannon
The second volume continues great writing, a good story, and nice artwork. Rin is an adorable girl and it's great to see Daikichi doing his best for his adopted daughter.
scarlettraces
like a drink of cool water. beautiful clear art, beautifully observed characters, and a judicious mix of domestic detail and plot. perfect.
Brandy
Second volume in the story of Daikichi, who has taken on guardianship of his grandfather's 6-year-old daughter.
Beckiezra
Cool to find out more about Rin's background and you can't help but love Daikichi's developing fatherliness.
Saga E
Great story (deeper than normal manga), great drawings and fun to read. What more can you ask for? :)
Jo
We are now moving into territory not covered by scanlations. SO GOOD. I love the dynamics of this story.
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • A Bride's Story 02
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Wandering Son: Volume Two
  • Cross Game 1 (Cross Game, #1-3)
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #1)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 09
Bunny Drop 1 (Bunny Drop, #1) Bunny Drop 3 (Bunny Drop, #3) Bunny Drop 4 (Bunny Drop, #4) Bunny Drop 5 (Bunny Drop, #5) Bunny Drop 6 (Bunny Drop, #6)