Start by marking “Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)

Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop #2)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,077 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Like a plot out of a soap opera, bachelor Daikichi Kawachi's boringly normal life got a touch of the abnormal when he learned that his late granddad left behind a love child. And further rattling the unexpected skeleton in the closet? The ungainly, unglamorous Daikichi's impulsive decision to take in little Rin! But as the impromptu dad and his charge learn to adapt to bot ...more
Published September 28th 2010 by Yen Press (first published February 8th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bunny Drop 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunny Drop 2

*Miss Fame*
Nov 30, 2015 *Miss Fame* rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
I don't know what it is about this series, but it actually makes me, someone who has zero desire whatsoever, kind of want to have kids. I'm certainly not going to! And if I ever did, I would never have any of my own children. I outright refuse. I'd rather adopt, and I'd rather adopt an older child. So this series just sort of solidifies my belief in the importance of that and kinda makes me want to do it.... kinda. Ha!

I actually was a little bit sad when (view spoiler)
Sara
Jun 12, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it
While this series seems like it should be boring and/or goofy, it's... not. Daikichi is especially appealing for some unspecific reason, and Rin never comes across as one of those unbelievable, too-cute kid characters.

Also, a fascinating look into Japanese workplace culture.
Dani
Jun 03, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
Soobie's heartbroken
Che sorpresa continua ad essere questo manga.

Non è solo la storia di due persone sole - una bambina e un trentenne - che si trovano e formano una famiglia ma è anche un ritratto della società giapponese. Una sorta di manuale d'uso su cosa bisogna fare per sopravvivere nel Paese del Sol Levante.

Daikichi deve cambiare lavoro e ciò gli porta un sacco di problemi con i suoi vecchi colleghi di reparto. Allo stesso tempo deve organizzare la sua vita intorno ai bisogni di Rin. Deve scoprire come iscriv
Wing Kee Ho
Sep 21, 2014 Wing Kee Ho rated it liked it
Review after completion of series, volume notes to follow:

1) Rin is slowly developing as a character and it's fun to see it.
2) Slow pace is actually growing on me as this is a slice of life manga and the point is...well looking at life.
3) The stuff about the mother is a bit annoying but I imagine that I'm reacting the same way the author has intended.
4) Art continues to be simple and light but conveys a lot of emotion through good character design
5) Last name section highlights difference in
Arminzerella
Amy Keeley
Dec 16, 2013 Amy Keeley rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This volume flows really well from #1. Rin continues to come out of her shell, growing more confident and happier. She's absolutely adorable, especially as she begins to form a relationship with the same family members who refused to take her in at the funeral.

Daikichi is the one who really shines in this volume, though. He's becoming more and more comfortable with Rin, and has begun to really consider her a part of his life. However, in this volume, he also realizes that her mother needs to be
Nicole
Apr 03, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, family_drama, josei
I love this series. It's about family. And generations. And looking back over your life to understand the impact of your own actions on others.

The relationship that Daikichi has developed with young Rin is so sweet - full of respect and tenderness and genuine love. And the more he matures as Rin's guardian, the more he sees his own family/parents in a new light (e.g., the struggles they had, the sacrifices they made). In volume 2, I love how Daikichi has found a sort of comrade in arms with the
Brian
Oct 15, 2015 Brian rated it really liked it
The second chapter of this Manga features our reluctant father having to deal with his daughter's first days at school, including the registration. There is also a bit of a mystery as he dives into Rin's mother and her identity. Why did she give her up? This book kept me drawn in, and I've officially taken out the entire series from the library, so expect a lot more of these books!
Jennifer Heise
Jun 02, 2014 Jennifer Heise rated it really liked it
Very cute for Manga tackling of the problems of parenthood. There is suspense about the child's mother, but most of it is just about learning to be a parent and how it changes your interactions with the rest of the world. I especially identify with this because my son is going through the preschool to elementary school transition that the child is going through in this book.
Sarah Valerie
Aug 17, 2015 Sarah Valerie rated it it was amazing
The second volume of Bunny/ Usagi Drop focuses more on Daikichi trying to figure out who exactly Rin's mother is. You definitely see the bond between them grow, and we get to learn more about the other characters, including Rin's mother. As usual, the story and art style is pretty cute. :3
DeAnna Knippling
Jul 11, 2014 DeAnna Knippling rated it really liked it
This is a tentative 4. My daughter picked up book 2, and now we need to go back to book 1 and see how it goes. Everything seems to be firing on all cylinders, though.

The art is a lot of fun - no hesitation in showing people at their most ridiculous expressions here.
Kimi
Jan 10, 2015 Kimi rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, ya, adult
Kari Ramirez
Feb 12, 2013 Kari Ramirez rated it really liked it
I love Daikichi and Rin more and more with every page turn. Rin is just so cute and even though she can be painfully shy, with Daikichi is isn't afraid to speak up and let him know what she thinks. It's obvious that she loved Daikichi and he in turn loves her.

Daikichi is working so hard to do his best and leaving behind all the 'fun adult stuff' he used to do, making him feel like an old man. But slowly (albeit, painfully slowly) he seems to be cultivating something with Kouki's mom!

We do get to
Gabi Mata
Jan 11, 2016 Gabi Mata rated it really liked it
*4 stars*

Just as lovely and enjoyable as the first but had much greater development of characters and semblance of plot. These are so addicting and cute that I'm probably going to be flying through this series in no time.
Will
Sep 23, 2010 Will rated it it was amazing
This book had me on the edge of tears. It's not a complicated book -- in some ways it's very simple. The strength of the book comes from its simplicity. Daikichi is charmingly awkward and self conscious about his role as a parent, and the book shows a world you typically don't see in fiction.

Bunny Drop is explicit about how much sacrifice and missed opportunities can come from raising a child. It also frames the world in terms of Daikichi's thoughts and feelings about his new charge, and even th
Jess
Mar 21, 2014 Jess rated it it was ok
Meh...I was really disappointed with the revel of Rin's birth mother. The rest of the books works well, but this part was just a big let down so I don't think I'm going to continue reading the series
TheLibraryOfSarah
Feb 21, 2015 TheLibraryOfSarah rated it really liked it
I keep being amazed at how... not necessarily "raw" this manga series is, but definitely something like it... it touches on a lot of stuff, and Daikichi navigates the situation so well and is always very sensitive to Rin's needs and feelings, and that's really wonderful to see. I really love seeing Rin coming out of her shell and Daikichi growing into his new role as her guardian.
Hillary
Nov 16, 2010 Hillary rated it really liked it
Continuing the simple yet wonderful story of 30-yr-old Daikichi who decides to take in his deceased grandfather's 6-yr-old daughter, Rin.
I really enjoy the realism of the story. Daikichi isn't perfect but he isn't stupid either. He knows it will be a huge change but he does his best. The everyday trials he goes through such as finding a daycare center and changing his job so he can spend more time at home for Rin is done so matter-of-factly you almost miss the heartwarming warmth. Almost. In v.
S. J.
Aug 18, 2013 S. J. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, mostly females, people interested in manga, fans of real life manga
Recommended to S. by: Library; Series
My Review of Bunny Drop #1

Rin and Daikichi's story continues as they prepare for Rin to enter elementary school, she meets a new friend, and Daikichi continues to learn how to care for a small human person. The mystery of Rin's mother is also solved but the encounter is less then satisfactory.

The drawing and the overall aspects of the story remain the same and I discuss them more in depth in the review above.

If you enjoyed the first volume (and if you give it chance I think you will), this sec
Allie
Nov 12, 2015 Allie rated it it was amazing
CUTENESSS OVERLOAD!
If you're having a bad day, read these, because I can't help but smile while reading!
Estara
Nov 23, 2010 Estara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, read-in-2010
The second volume of this story is even stronger, because the interaction between guardian Daikichi and six-year-old Rin has more time to shine. While Daikichi may be too good to be true in the real world - with his steadfast determination to be the parent for Rin and giving up his old career, which set standards for his department - it is believably complex in the interaction between him, Rin, his parents and especially the finally discovered mother.

I love the way the mangaka makes Rin a real
Josie
Aug 03, 2015 Josie rated it really liked it
I find the Masako situation a bit confusing, but I enjoyed this volume!
Amanda
Apr 05, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Rin is so cute! She reminds me a lot of me.. I'm absolutely loving this series so far, so cute!!
M.A. Ray
Sep 13, 2015 M.A. Ray rated it really liked it
Cute and very well-characterized, with appealing leads.
Igorina
Apr 12, 2015 Igorina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I love this series. It's so heart warming and cute.
Nura
Sep 21, 2011 Nura rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic
awww... so sweet... I would like to marry Daikichi... hahaha... baru sekarang nyadar susahnya jadi orang tua. daftar sekolah aja ribet pisan. terharu liat daikichi nempelin name tag di semua peralatan sekolahnya Rin. Pas adegan Rin minta dikuncirin jadi inget waktu nyokap ngelahirin adek gw, gw masih TK dan karena ga da nyokap akhirnya dikuncirin sama bokap. kuncirannya jelek banget. hehehe... piss beh. you're still the best dad ever since.
Gw juga sedikit ngerti perasaan emaknya si Rin. I wish I
Teresa
Feb 01, 2016 Teresa added it
love this series
Jessica
Nov 24, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!! I need the others!!!!
Miss
May 10, 2012 Miss rated it really liked it
I don't really have anything new to say about this volume? Still enjoying watching Daikichi and Rin's relationship build and Daikichi progressing through Parenting: the Joy and Challenges of. I'm very fond of Rin, precocious sweetheart that she is. Favourite moments were Daikichi's conversation with his dad about the sacrifices his mother made to raise him and the ponytail scene with Rin and Daikichi. 4 stars
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story, #2)
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Cross Game 5 (Cross Game, #10-11)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Bakuman, Volume 14: Psychological Warfare and Catchphrases (Bakuman, #14)
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #1)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
Japanese Name (宇仁田ゆみ)

Yumi Unita was born in Mie Prefecture on May 10th, 1972. In 1998, she debuted with "VOICE" in Hakusensha's Young Animal. Since then, she has worked in many genres, having her works featured in seinen, josei, and shounen magazines.
More about Yumi Unita...

Bunny Drop (9 books)
  • Bunny Drop 1 (Bunny Drop, #1)
  • Bunny Drop 3 (Bunny Drop, #3)
  • Bunny Drop 4 (Bunny Drop, #4)
  • Bunny Drop 5 (Bunny Drop, #5)
  • Bunny Drop 6 (Bunny Drop, #6)
  • Bunny Drop 7 (Bunny Drop, #7)
  • Bunny Drop 8 (Bunny Drop, #8)
  • うさぎドロップ 9 (Bunny Drop, #9)