Start by marking “Brunettes Strike Back (Cheerleader Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Brunettes Strike Back (Cheerleader Trilogy, #2)

Brunettes Strike Back (Cheerleader Trilogy #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,178 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Sequel to I Was A Non-Blonde Cheerleader from New York Times bestseller Kieran Scott!

New Jersey transplant and spunky brunette Annisa and her sand Dune High cheerleading squad are headed to nationals! Just when she thinks her blonde teammates have accepted her, some of the girls have suddenly made it their mission to convert Annisa to the blonde side. Annisa thinks her luc
Published May 10th 2007 by Speak (first published May 10th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Brunettes Strike Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brunettes Strike Back

The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah DessenThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann BrasharesLock and Key by Sarah DessenAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Best YA Chicklit
105th out of 481 books — 1,059 voters
Perfect Cover by Jennifer Lynn BarnesThe Accidental Cheerleader by Mimi McCoyThat's The Spirit by Lani WoodlandThe Geek Girl's Guide to Cheerleading by Charity TahmasebI Was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader by Kieran Scott
Cheerleading
6th out of 40 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

alia
finish this book last night. i like the book , it's funny and focused more on the friendship and cheerleading. which is cool. i can relate to annisa so much.lol, well bcoz my friends at my uni is like polar opposite of my hometown friend. they're more conservative and crazy( like her new squad) but can be nice too(sometimes) compared to my laid back friends from hometown.

the romance was bleh. CAPITAL WORD BLEH. i mean annisa has more chemistry with steven.. i dont get it only at the end (that g
Katie
Dec 11, 2008 Katie added it
Whoops. I skipped this one... But funny thing... I understood the third book with out it... Boring, predictable plot, but a good read when your wanting a laugh I suppose.
Daisy
Apr 19, 2010 Daisy added it
In this book, I read about cheerleaders. I've always thought of teenagers as mean and snobby (b-word)s. In this book, I guess the main character learns about teamwork and I've learned even more about not judging about another person.

The main character learns about teamwork because of the problems she faced. She faced prejudice because she was a new member and her hair... her hair stood out from the others. She was a brunette while everyone else in the squad were blondies. I guess that's why tea
Jazmine
Sep 12, 2009 Jazmine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: girls even non cheerleaders like myself
Recommended to Jazmine by: found first book, interesting title
At last all seems to be going well for Annisa. Her teammates are finally starting to accept her, its smooth sailing for her and Daniel, and her team is about to vie to attend nationals. Then her world is flipped upside down when she grows suspicious of Daniel and his relationship with Sage, his ex. She releases her emotions during her performance helping her to perform better than ever. The Sand Dunes are going to Nationals! She tries to let go of the boy friend drama and focus on cheerleading ...more
Emily Patrick
Jorydn
Brunettes Strike Back starts where the last book in the series left off. The main character Annisa is trying to lead her team to victory at nationals. Throughout the story, her teammates are pressuring her to fit in with them by dying her hair blonde. They think this would help them look more like a team. Annisa is trying to avoid their peer pressure and when her old team shows up at nationals, it makes it easier. Annisa tries to fit back in with her old teammates and friends, but her new ones n ...more
Jackie "the Librarian"
Apr 10, 2008 Jackie "the Librarian" rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens
Shelves: youngadult
In this sequel to I Was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader, Annisa and her cheerleading squad go to the nationals competition, where she is thrilled to see her old New Jersey team. But Annisa is torn by old loyalties and new commitments, when all she wants to do is spend time with her new boyfriend.
All the pressure makes Annisa behave badly – especially after her team tries to bleach her brunette hair to match the rest of the squad. She cuts out on them, sneaks around, and has a bad attitude that is over
Rebecca
Brunettes strike back by Kieran Scott is about a high school cheerleader who has just made the squad as the only brunette on the team. In the novel she has to learn to deal with the peer pressure from her fellow team mates who want to dye her hair blonde and learn the importance of a team.
On their way to cheer camp, Jordan's team has to go up against the fierce Black bears, the best squad there and her old squad the Beavers. She begins to fall back into her old lifestyle hanging with her old
Sandra Truong
It was good. Not the best book ever but oh well.

My friend let me borrow this book two years ago. It's still sitting on my bookshelf, begging to be given back but the friend that lent the book to me moved away. A year ago. :) She totally forgot I had it. Along with five other books she had given to me to read over the summer.

Brunettes Strike Back was a book that was full of morals. Like:

Never give in to peer pressure!

or

Always be yourself!

or

Cheerleaders are crazy!

Morals aside, the sto
Chelsea
Wow ok. Let me try to think of some words that will fit this story...

Predictable?

Have you seen the Bring it on movies? Well imagine that, only lose the humor and the cool dances. Just simply cheerleading and some seriously dim witted girls.

Our main character is sarcastic (which I like) stands up for herself (which I like) and is absolutely head over heels for a boy. (Which I don't like)

I realize this is a sequel, but I never saw why Daniel was "the perfect guy". I never trust guys in stories wh
Jeanette
so...I love this trilogy. it's easy, cute, funny, and I always wanted to be a cheerleader. I'm starting the final book tonight. super quick light read.
Christina Burke
Another hilarious book by Kieran Scott! This time Annisa's newly found Florida world collides with her old Jersey world. Chaos ensues at the national cheerleading competition, with drama around every corner.
Sara ♥
This was a really cute sequel to I Was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader! Annisa is on the brink of a new relationship and finally seems to be fitting in with her squad—who are on their way to nationals! But when her teammates suddenly want her to go blonde for "uniformity", she sites her almost-sorta-maybe boyfriend chatting with his ex, and gets thrown in between her new squad and her old friends, will she make it out in one piece? Read and find out! :)
Serena
This novel was okay but there was too much scenes in the book that are too romantic which kinda makes me wanna puke. I mean seriously, the main characters are only in high school but why did the author make them seem to act like they are twenty years old. However, I love how the main character that was intensively bullied in the beginning hot more confident and stood up for herself. She also showed the boys in the football team up. Thus, I would recommend people who like to read about dramatic l ...more
Mandy
I have read the first series of this book, and I do like it a lot too. I love how Annisa knows what her mistakes are and fixes her mistakes. She traces back her own step to find where and when did the fighting starts. Then she knew and stop her teammates' fight and unite them just in time to win the nationals. I love how the ending doesn't come to quickly like other books, it came slowly and in-time. THe happy ending came when she realizes that she was wrong.
Aimee Kane
The sequel to I was a Non-blonde cheerleader. I like these fluffy books, but, then again, I was a cheerleader in high school. [return][return]Still the only non-blonde on her Florida cheerleading squad, sixteen-year-old Annisa makes some decisions about how far she will go to fit in with her team while also staying true to herself.
Lucy
I read "I was a Non-Blond Cheerleader" which was the prequel to this book, and loved it! My mom and I began reading this together, but we somehow got sidetracked and I hadn't picked it up in a few years. So, while trying to find a happy, funny book to read, I re-discovered this, and am dying to know how the story ends!
Rene
Very good sequel to I WAS A NON-BLONDE CHEERLEADER. This follows the life of a brunette from New Jersey who moves to Florida to become a champion cheerleader. There is a lot of drama- and some excessive whining- but a fun ending that readers will love. I give this book a B.
Erikka
i staped reading this halfway throught in disgust. throught the whole book her cheer captain has been trying to get her to dye her hair so she finally does it ans i belive she did it just to prove something i'm not sure any way she has lost my respect as a brunette cheerleader
Hong Deng
The story takes place in a high school and the protagnist is a girl who is in the cheerleading team. The book is basically about what happened to her in high school and I found really connected to some of the things that she experienced. It's a great and funny book!
Lola
just another great book by keiran that keeps me wanting more
XxBriannexX
Oct 20, 2008 XxBriannexX rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to XxBriannexX by: No one
Tottaly awsome! It was really intresting to read. I stayed up all night to read the last few chapters! Although I don't enjoy cheerleading, it was still a intresting book to read. It was humorous and descriptive, and I really liked this book. 5 STARS!!! :D
Avi
This book was better than the first book in some ways but not all. I like the drama and the characters seemed a little quirkier in this book than the first book. Overall, a pretty good book with laughs and some really great scenes.
Santa
Brunettes Strike Back is a teen noble written by Kieran Scott. This book discribes all the changes and dessicions she has to make for her cheerleading squad. it also discribes what most teenagers go through in High School.
Kristin Schellenberg
Nov 29, 2007 Kristin Schellenberg rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Girls
I thought that this book was great i think that girls would like it. It is about alot of highschool drama but i thought that is was really good and i would definatley read it again.
Emaan ♥'s The Fuentes bro's STILL
i loved this one the first one and this one were equal for me, i loved them both, the drama and the happiness that filled made me smile through out the hole book <3
Chalse
This book was little more stretched as far as the plot, but I do love how there is more conflict besides her hair color, which after a book or two, is bound to get old.
Melissa
The second book in the series, it follows "I was a Non-blonde Cheerleader." Good and a worthwhile read but not as good as "I was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader."
  • The Geek Girl's Guide to Cheerleading
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Family Affairs (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #3)
  • Lucky T
  • The Problem with Paradise
  • Confessions of a Not It Girl
  • Sloane Sisters (Sloane Sisters, #1)
  • Secret Santa
  • Revenge of the Cheerleaders
  • Snow Queen
  • Rich Girls (Confessions of a Teen Nanny, #2)
  • The Nascenza Conspiracy (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #3)
  • Girl Overboard
  • The ABC's of Kissing Boys
  • Spring Breakup (Aspen Brooks, #3)
  • Playing With the Boys (Pretty Tough, #2)
  • Brothers, Boyfriends & Other Criminal Minds
  • Friends Close, Enemies Closer (In or Out, #4)
Kieran Scott is an author of young adult fiction including the upcoming TRUE LOVE TRILOGY (May 2014) and the HE'S SO/SHE'S SO TRILOGY, which includes SHE'S SO DEAD TO US, HE'S SO NOT WORTH IT and THIS IS SO NOT HAPPENING. Her other books include the Non-Blonde Cheelerader trilogy, Geek Magnet and Jingle Boy. She also writes Alloy Entertainment books under the pseudonym Kate Brian, including the SH ...more
More about Kieran Scott...

Cheerleader Trilogy (3 books)
  • I Was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader (Cheerleader Trilogy, #1)
  • A Non-Blonde Cheerleader in Love (Cheerleader Trilogy, #3)
She's So Dead to Us (He's So/She's So, #1) He's So Not Worth It (He's So/She's So, #2) This Is So Not Happening (He's So/She's So, #3) Geek Magnet I Was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader (Cheerleader Trilogy, #1)

“...It was almost like I was expecting to get crushed.” 9 likes
“It didn't feel like my world. It felt more like a dream. Something temporary.” 5 likes