Start by marking “Deadly Gift (Flynn Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Gift (Flynn Brothers, #3)

Deadly Gift (Flynn Brothers #3)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,363 Ratings  ·  174 Reviews
Caer is spending this Christmas among strangers. Brought to Newport, Rhode Island, from her native Ireland to nurse ailing millionaire Sean O’Riley, she’s living a life few can imagine. But money can’t hide the tension between O’Riley’s trophy wife, his paranoid daughter, the eccentric aunt in the attic and the staff members who run the house.

When O’Riley’s business partne
Audio CD
Published February 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Gift

Liz at Fictional Candy
I am kind of on the fence about this book. On one hand it was a very good book. On the other, as the end to a trilogy, I am not very impressed. I would much rather it have been a stand alone book. It didn’t follow the same pattern as the two previous; it went completely off the charts in its content.

So as a stand alone book, I really enjoyed it. This book is about Zach Flynn, the youngest of the Flynn brothers. He gets a phone call that a long time family friend has become deathly ill overseas.
Gail Newbold
I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two in the trilogy. This last installment seemed too bit of a stretch for me, and a bit forced. Zach's character also seemed a bit flat, especially in comparison to his brothers, Aiden and Jeremy. Despite this last book, I did truly enjoy the trilogy and I'm glad I picked it up. I will most likely continue to read H.G. novels because I like her style of writing over all. If you don't want to give this last book a try, that's fine, but definitely read the fi ...more
Glamdring
This is the book I liked the least in the trilogy.

I loved the Irish mythology elements and the suspense was good but the story missed something. Also, a reread by a good editor would have been welcome...
Gina
Shelley
Mar 20, 2011 Shelley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-romance
Sean O'Riley barely survives what might have been a murder attempt but nobody can prove that he had been given a poison although his daughter insists that his trophy wife is trying to kill him. Caer Cavannaugh is sent back to RI with Sean and his wife Amanda. Sean believes she is a private duty nurse but she is also investigating the near fatal incident for The Agency.
Meanwhile, the Flynn Brothers are quite close to Sean who helped them when their parents died years ago and who became a surroga
Deb
Jul 21, 2009 Deb rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I'm now thoroughly and completely through with Heather Graham. I've read other books by her and been really ok to enjoy them for what they were -- mediocre, fun, brain candy. Some fun storylines, some frisky sex scenes, some psuedo paranormal mystery. The first book had some of that, but the second two fell FAR short.

First, her "trilogy" was not. There wasn't a damn thing connecting these books together other than the three main male characters were brothers -- and each brother is the main c
Amy  M. Brobst
Apr 14, 2016 Amy M. Brobst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Heather Graham fans and mystery lovers
Recommended to Amy by: No on. It was in my HUGE pile of books to be read.
Shelves: 2013andbefore
It was interesting to read about a banshee. It made me see banshees in a different light (of course the last time I saw anything about a banshee was on CHARMED, and the banshee was evil there, lol). Caer (pronounced kyre, I believe) is a banshee, of course, and according to folklore her job is to guide those who are passing into paradise. Zach knows there is something about Caer, but doesn’t find out the truth until almost the end. There was mystery element to this book as well- and the mystery ...more
Kellie
May 09, 2009 Kellie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As far as the Flynn Brother's Trilogy goes, this is by far the weakest in the series. The other two managed to intertwine the paranormal with normal life, and managed to hold a "believable" plot. This one, however, was way over into the realm of fantasy. I suppose that would be fine, if I had expected it to be 99% fantasy and 1% reality. The plot surrounding the "brother" is thin, which confuses me, as it is a "Flynn Brother's Novel."

Anyway, I thought it was "okay." As an American with strong Ir
Aurian Booklover
I have been reading Heather Graham in small doses for a while, as the books all had the same feeling to them, and they were almost too scary for me. I am very happy that this one is different. Okay, the hero still doesn’t believe in the paranormal world, but this time it is not a woman who just came into her psychic gifts and has to deal with it on her own.

Caer is different, and she knows it. She has a mission: protect Sean O’Riley from his murderer, as it is not his time yet. Evil has killed hi
Doris
Nov 10, 2014 Doris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heather-graham
This is the last book of the Flynn Brothers trilogy by Heather Graham, but the first one I read. As always, the storyline was neat and detailed, the characters well fleshed out and the locations described extensively and vividly.
Deadly Gift is based in Rhode Island essentially, with a short interlude in Ireland - but it is the Irish lore and mystical history that really comes to the forefront. After all - just how much do you know about banshees, leprechauns and other fairy folk? Well, you will
Jess
Aug 31, 2009 Jess rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
NOO! It was such a great series, and then it ended with this one. Ugh. Really bad. It didn't have the sweet romance story from the beginning nor did it have the terror from the second book. It just had a bad storyline, with flat characters and storyline and dialogue that made me roll my eyes. How disappointing.

The only reason I gave it a 2 was because the other 2 books in the trilogy were great. If this had been a stand alone I would have given it a 1. What a waste.
Heather
Aug 26, 2010 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc
Have finally come to the conclusion that I just don't like the way HG writes so I have given up on this last one in the series and am returning all the others I checked out to the library...and that just goes to show that just because your library may carry a lot of one author it doesn't mean you will enjoy their work...but major kudos to any and all authors who put their stuff out there
Robin
Jul 19, 2014 Robin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When Millionaire Sean O'Riley and his young wife travel to Ireland, he becomes deathly ill. Signs say he may have been poisoned, so Nurse Caer Cavannaugh is assigned to take care of him. Sean's daughter believes someone is trying to kill him, so she called Private Investigator Zach Flynn, asking him to bring her father home. Zach starts looking into the situation and finds that Sean's friend and business partner has disappeared, his sailboat found abandoned. Now Zach and Caer must try to keep Se ...more
Christy
Dec 20, 2008 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This third book in The Flynn Brothers Trilogy is Zach's story and even though it is part of the trilogy it works well as a stand-alone read. An intriguing paranormal murder mystery with a little romance thrown in. I was kept entertained and guessing until the very end.
Vennie
Jun 01, 2014 Vennie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deadly Gift is a part of The Flynn Brothers Trilogy.

It's a story that begins in Newport,Rhode Island, travels to Dublin Scotland and back to Newport. If you like Irish folktales you will enjoy this tale very much. In it we have Banshees, and ghosts and even a Death Coach.

It's centered around Sean O'Rielly, a millionaire tour guide and his family and friends.

Someone is out to kill both Sean and his best friend and business partner Eddie Ray. But, who? Why?

In comes Zach O'Rielly, private detective
Anna Mcfadden
Jul 16, 2016 Anna Mcfadden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when millionaire Sean O'Riley goes to his homeland of Ireland, he gets deathly I'll. his daughter, Kat, calls on Zach Flynn , an old family friend, a retired forensics cop turn P. I. to go and bring him home. Caer is hired as his private nurse and must travel with the family.
There is a tension between O'Riley's trophy wife, his paranoid daughter, the eccentric aunt in the attic and the staff members who run the house.
same day as O'Riley was leaving on his truck his best friend and business pa
Deb Diem
Aug 31, 2015 Deb Diem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deadly Gift by Heather Graham is a gripping page turner. This well written book is creepy enough to keep the pages turning at a rapid pace, but not so bad you have nightmares. Heather Graham never fails to entertain with her writing and Deadly Gift is no exception. The characters in this book are fantastic, some lovable and some you love to hate. Ms Graham manages to tie the paranormal with mystery in the very best way. I look forward to reading more from this talented author in the future. Dead ...more
Randy Daugherty
May 06, 2014 Randy Daugherty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas time in Rhode Island is beautiful , or so Caer had been told, she was spending time with strangers far from her native Ireland. She was there to nurse Sean O'Riley back to health and keep him safe. His partner and friend Eddie has gone missing, foul play is thought of and precautions are taken to ensure his safety. The family friend Zach Flynn arrives to take charge of the investigation and keep Sean safe.
Spark fly between Caer and Zach but what is it that troubles him about the beauty
J.J. Stout
I was positively thrilled by the inclusion of Gaelic folklore in the final installment of the Flynn Brothers trilogy, Deadly Gift, which could easily be read as a stand-alone novel. Failure to rename her heroine on the cover notwithstanding, Heather Graham does a wonderful job creating believable characters for the modern era and an equally remarkable job describing the wintry setting of Rhode Island during the Christmas season. Unfortunately, I was much less impressed with the progression of th ...more
Kristine
Jan 13, 2009 Kristine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: see-jane-die
I really like this triology. It has people with paranormal abilities. It is a very fast and entertaining read
Janet
Dec 20, 2008 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good supernatural book, with a romance slant. The plot is not predictable. Although the romance is.
Sherri Smith
It was good but my least favorite of the trilogy.
Sandi Willis
Jan 14, 2015 Sandi Willis rated it liked it
This was not at all what I was expecting. I wondered from the beginning what agency Caer worked for but I never realized her secret until the end. This was a thriller mystery that kept me up until midnight listening because I wanted to find out what happened to Eddie Ray and who tried to kill Sean O'Rielly. I also enjoyed learning about Irish folklore from the book. There were so many twists and turns in the book and big, black birds! When all of the birds came I kept thinking about "The Birds" ...more
Jodi
Nov 13, 2015 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rt2010, kindle, 2015-read
Raine
Nov 06, 2011 Raine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the last installment of the Flynn Brothers series and while I wasn't able to get the first two books (Deadly Night and Deadly Harvest) respectively, this book could be read as a standalone. I was quite apprehensive when I do buy serialized books out of their order because they have the tendency to be in the middle of the one huge story arc that I try to grapple to understand. Fortunately, it wasn't the case here. There were references to the previous books especially to Zach's other bro ...more
Tiffunee
Dec 11, 2012 Tiffunee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caer is spending this Christmas among strangers. Brought to Newport, Rhode Island, from her native Ireland to nurse ailing millionaire Sean O'Riley, she's living a life few can imagine. But money can't hide the tension between O'Riley's trophy wife, his paranoid daughter, the eccentric aunt in the attic and the staff members who run the house.

When O'Riley's business partner goes missing, family friend Zach Flynn arrives. Determined to help him solve the case, Caer becomes enmeshed in a mystery t
Angela
Aug 13, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Zach is called by his friend's daughter Kat, she has nothing but bad news for him and she is in a complete panic. Her Dad, Sean, and his new wife, Amanda, are in Ireland for a trip and just called her that her Dad is in the hospital there and is very ill. They have no idea what caused it, but Kat is convinced that Amanda has something to do with it. She sees Amanda as nothing but a gold digger because she is half the age of her Dad. She calls Zach for help for a few reasons, first off he is ...more
Kristen
This was the third book in the Flynn brothers trilogy. I would say it was probably the one I liked least of the three stories, but it was a passable paranormal fiction book, and an enjoyable read nonetheless.

When Sean O'Riley is taken ill shortly after arriving in Ireland for a vacation with his new and much younger wife, nurse Caer Cavannaugh looks after him so well, she's asked to accompany him back home to Newport, Rhode Island and nurse him until after the upcoming Christmas season.

There's m
L.W.
Dec 11, 2008 L.W. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Heather Graham and it was okay. I have to admit that I had higher expectations. It was predictable in many places, which is fine with me if the story holds up...which I felt didn't. It was entertaining I guess...as I finished it, but it certainly wasn't a favorite, nor did I buy into the banshee folklore. THAT was so far off the reservation of the stories I've ever heard that it was difficult to accept.

Overall...characters were likeable enough. I guess you did
Chrissy
Feb 14, 2016 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great novel by Heather Graham. Caer is hired as personal nurse to the wealthy Sean o'Riley after he falls sick while vacationing in Ireland. Not convinced his illness was an accident, and with the mysterious disappearance of Sean's partner Eddie, PI Zack Flynn is determined to keep Sean safe. He starts to suspect everyone, and is certain Caer is hiding secrets. He is in for a surprise or two when the truth starts to emerge. great book!
Romance Readers R...: April 2012 Buddy Read - Deadly Gift by Heather Graham 8 16 Apr 16, 2012 10:36AM
  • Slow Burn
  • The Awakening (Alliance Vampires #5)
  • Blood Sins (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #11)
  • The Summit (Paranormal Series II, #2)
  • Red Hot Lies (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #1)
  • Out of Mind (Court of Angels, #2)
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Mist (Boston Police/FBI, #3)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

Flynn Brothers (3 books)
  • Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1)
  • Deadly Harvest (Flynn Brothers, #2)