Start by marking “First Evil” as Want to Read:
First Evil

First Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  2,857 ratings  ·  79 reviews
A Simon & Schuster eBook. Simon & Schuster has a great book for every reader.
Published October 27th 2009 by Simon Pulse (first published August 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about First Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Evil

Veronica Morfi
I should begin this review by saying that I've been reading RL Stine's Goosebumps growing up, they were the first books I ever read and they will always hold a special place in my heart. I've never read any of his other series though and seeing that Fear Street Cheerleaders had more of a YA feeling to it was a welcome surprise.

Corky and Bobbi are the two sisters that are the main characters of this book, 16 and 17 years old. They move in their new house on Fear Street and decide to join the Che
Bookwormliz
Dec 21, 2008 Bookwormliz rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: R. L. Stine lifers, those stuck between middle grade and young adult fiction
Bobbi and Corky join the Shadyside cheerleading team, much to the chagrin of all the other team members, and accidentally unleash an ancient evil. It's Fear Street, for crying out loud. What else could happen?

The first time I read this series, I was eleven and whoa, did I love it. Fifteen years later, it's showing its age. I didn't expect I would be wowed again, fifteen years later, but I didn't expect I would cringe with regret, either.

Don't take that the wrong way. The book isn't bad. But with
Francessca
This was the first fear street book that I read. I was in 6th grade.
Me and my best friend wanted so badly to be cheerleaders and were excited to get our hands on fear street books. Keep in mind that not all fear street books are scary. But this was the first book I read so I was under the impression that they all were to scary for my delicate mind lol. Which put me off of reading fear streets for awhile. But I love these books. Okay so enough talking on to the review.
This book is about Corky and
Cate
I forgot how much I enjoyed these books as a teenager. It was like seeing an old friend, but one thing is for sure... I do not miss High School!
Cameron
I liked this one. It was nice to see some supernatural elements here for a change since Fear Street books are normally about murderous teenagers who have slipped into madness far too early in life. Meh, it happens though. We all go a little mad sometimes... Anyway, this is the first book in the Cheerleaders subseries, and I thought it was a lot more drawn out than standalone Fear Street novels, so it did feel slower-paced. But I have a feeling the next Cheerleaders books will be more eventful no ...more
Shannon
This was my first step into the horror genre of books. I loved this book and honestly I still do. I wish I could find it again
Benjamin Plume
I may have been the only boy in history to have read this series.
Periwinklegurlforever
really scary.
Its really good.
R.l stine writes good
Carhyne
**SPOILER ALERT**Cheerleaders: The First Evil is about two sisters Bobby and Corky who move to a new home on fear street. Now Bobby is a prankster and she likes to fake her death all the time, now Cork never finds it funny but who would? Your sister pretending that she was murdered? Now, Bobby and Cork were cheerleaders back at their old school, they made it to the finals. So when they hear that there school has a cheer leading squad, they can't help but try out-which was a big mistake. They try ...more
Arielle
Jun 26, 2012 Arielle rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young adult horror enthusiasts
I used to read these books all the time. I remember them being somewhat scary, and a page-turner for me. Now that I'm reading them again 15 years later, the experience has changed. The story is interesting enough. There is a seemingly trivial event at the beginning of the book, other than that, a whole lot of nothing happens. The chapter endings are filled with cheap "scares" that mean nothing. A slightly exaggerated example might be: "She walked to the bathroom, turned on the light, then gasped ...more
Michal Beth
These books just keep getting creepier and creepier. The Corcoran's are known to be the best of the best at cheer. When people start to get jealous, bad things start to happen.This book, I think, brought out what most people see in cheerleaders. Drama, jealousy, and fights. Now I'm not being rude but nowadays people think that cheerleaders are full of drama or as I've heard, fake. This book was really good and i think that people should read this book.
Jen
I absolutely loved the Fear Street series when I was growing up, and the cheerleader series was always my favorite. I just had to read this for nostalgia's sake when I saw it available on the digital library. It doesn't hold up as well 20 years later compared to some of the great YA stuff out there these days, but I still give it 4 stars for great, campy fun. I might just have to read the whole Fear Street series one of these days!
Jasmine123
This book is awsome. There is suspended, mystery,and murders. One of the main characters tries to solve what causes the murder of someone special and she has a hard battle to fight. I recommend this book to people who like R.L Stine books.
Randy
The book is about 2 girls, bobby and corky, they were trying out for the cheerleading team and bobby got picked as a captain. The other girls on the team gets jealous so they were making fun of her and not following her directions. When there was a new game to go to, on the way there on the bus, the bus crashes and jennifer fell on a grave and dies, but an evil spirit went inside her acting like her. The evil spirit kills bobby and corky kills the evil spirit at the end. I wouldn't want to be a ...more
Kaylin Rodriguez
This is a very good book a very scary book to put you on the edge of your sit twists and terrors
Queena
First Evil is about these two sisters who just moved in and are experiencing isolation from cheerleaders. In the end, one of the sisters died and the other sister blames it on the wrong cheerleader who caused the incident.
I think that overall this was a good book because it was somewhat unexpected but at the same time there was foreshadowing in the book. I noticed this because at around the end of every chapter, the author creates a suspense that leaves the reader into wanting to know more. I gu
Masuma Khan
This book was great! It has a really good twist towards the end of the book.
Alexis Jade
Tuyet Bui
It's the starting of the first evil. Jealously has separating the teammates and make them hate each other, but for what? For that spot to become captain. What does it take to be a caption? Death? The answer is yes.
Tamara Vallejos
Aw. So much gruesome, melodramatic nostalgia.
Heather
I read these books back when I was 12 or so. They were ones that I remembered years later as being ones I really enjoyed.

I reread the Cheerleader series recently. It's obvious when you read these how much has changed in the world of YA books.

As an adult, these books are predictable and the writing does not flow well. Characters aren't fully developed and many of them are cardboard cutouts. Still, they were fun reads. I had forgotten how the later ones ended. They are definitely for younger reade
Alexis
I have a huge collection of Fear Street books in my room. They're corny and small and they really aren't written all that well, but that's what makes them so great. Some are so ridiculous to the point where that makes it truly enjoyable.

The Cheerleader books in particular are my favorite Fear Street books. They'll always have a special place in my heart because they're what got me started on wanting to become a writer, as silly as that may sound to some on here. I also grew really attached to Bo
Brianna
It was awesome
Erin (*is in a reviewing slump*)
Another vintage I needed to clear off my shelves. The story isn't bad for the age and it's not as predictable as a lot of his other works, but the exclamation points and false chapter cliffhangers get old. I mainly liked the characters, as simple as they seemed (which is usual), and probably should have seen the ending coming. I did know it was something to do with one girl (was right on that), but was completely wrong on how it had to do with her. Overall the story was decent but the dialogue p ...more
Xondra Day
Read this when I was a preteen. From what I remember I liked it a lot!
Palorca
Nov 06, 2008 Palorca rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANy One
Recommended to Palorca by: MS.DOHERTY
How can someone turn to be an evil?

Gosh so much power ina person ...yet cant believe.

the cheerleaders sister is kinda of devilish but her other sister doenot knoe it.=X.

THIS IS A GREAT BOOK I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

WELL WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE BOOK IS THAT THIS BOOK STARTS OF REALLY BORING BUT THEN IT GIVES ACTION !!! WHAT PEOPLE MOST DEFINITELY WANT.~!!!!

Drucilla
This series is the first that we see of The Evil that comes back in other books. It's a really good introduction to what caused all of the horrible things to happen on Fear Street. As for the plot of the book itself, (view spoiler) but other than that I thought it was good.
Ria
Seri Fear street ini ternyata kelanjutan dari The Awakening Evil (Fear Street Sagas, #10). Jadi sangat disarankan baca dulu The Awakening Evil baru baca novel ini. Roh jahat Sarah Fear kembali membawa ancaman setelah seratus tahun terkubur. Seru banget bacanya, aku suka ceritanya santai tapi tegang jg hehe.
Kristin
I remember thinking how scary this book was when I was 12, and I remember reading all of the fear street books. I'm giving this 5 stars because of the nostalgia I get and how these books were such an opener for me. I wouldn't be the macabre loving person I am today if it wasn't for RL Stine and Fear Street
Lashay Op
Mar 17, 2009 Lashay Op is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about 2 sisters named Corky and Bobbi and they try out for the cheerleading team and when Bobbi gets to be captin of the team the girls get jealous of her. They are making fun of her and not listening to her instructions when they are given.
AROUND PAGE 28
  • Witch
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)