Start by marking “Express cook: after-work ideas - over 700 quick recipes - easy entertaining” as Want to Read:
Express cook: after-work ideas - over 700 quick recipes - easy entertaining

Express cook: after-work ideas - over 700 quick recipes - easy entertaining

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Hardcover. Pub Date: 2009 Pages: 544 Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Quick healthy home cooking has never been so easy! Run off your feet and wondering how to cook a healthy and delicious family meal after work Need to impress friends for dinner but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen Then look no further. Find over 700 fantastic recipes and 250 variations to suit today ...more
Published October 26th 2009 by Dorling Kindersley Publishing (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Express cook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Express cook

piranha
the only reason this isn't getting 5 stars from me right now is that i haven't cooked from it yet -- i will update once i've tried a few recipes. but it is a delight to read; well organized, beautiful layout, lovely photographs, very clear instructions, time for prep and cooking given for all recipes. it has both imperial and metric measurements, which is always a major plus for me. the recipes mostly use common ingredients yet are inventive in the use of combinations and spicing, well, inventiv ...more
Freda mans
I made a pasta dish, though seasoned in a way I have not had before. Living with an Italian, I love trying any new pasta dishes I can find, and this suited my tastes.
I'm so glad I tried it.
The chicken flavor with the cheese tortellini is really delicious. I am so surprised not only that I like it, but my the brood loves it too!
And here, I was worried it would end up in the dog's bowl.
I am sure to use this cookbook quite often, and see what other surprises I can find.
Joanne
My goodness, this is a behemoth of a cookbook. It's beautifully put together, though, and after post-it-noting several recipes from my library copy, I felt obligated to buy it.

Recipes are nicely organized (chicken, slow cooker), the directions are clear, and the photographs are gorgeous. Lots of additional info about how to prepare food.

Haven't tried enough of the recipes to give it a 5.
The Chuck
This is our absolute favorite cookbook. It's our go-to when we plan our menus because of the great pictures, the restaurant-style menu browser in the front, and because the recipes are either really quick or savable in large batches. Without this book we would not have been able to stick with our resolution to eat at home more often!
Kati Glo
This is quite literally a tome of information. Well laid out, gorgeous pictures, sectioned into different categories like no-cook meals, meals for large groups, salmon dishes, vegetarian, etc. One of my most well used books. It has great suggestions for quick weeknight dishes and gets you in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Mandy
I want this cookbook- lots of pictures with almost every recipe. Some recipes call for things that you wouldnt' normally have on-hand, but they are unique, different and truly appear to be pretty easy (according to the directions). I need to get on amazon and search for this book!
Carlie
Love this book. I read a borrowed copy but will definitely be making a copy mine soon!
Jayen
Jan 26, 2011 Jayen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
got this book from my boss Ramzi. Guess I need to learn how to cook....
Winnie Peach
Great recipes. Easy to find what you want to make and very visually appealing!
Patty R.
Patty R. marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Ian Thwaites
Ian Thwaites marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Keri Jensen
Keri Jensen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Ineke Bruggeman
Ineke Bruggeman is currently reading it
May 03, 2014
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Slow Cook Book Everyday Easy Cheap Eats Everyday Easy: 30-Minute Dinners Quick Dinners The Illustrated Quick Cook