Start by marking “Avengers Disassembled: Iron Man” as Want to Read:
Avengers Disassembled: Iron Man

Avengers Disassembled: Iron Man (Avengers Disassembled)

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Some think Tony Stark has lost his battle with the bottle. Others think he can't control his violent temper. Some think he's a homicidal maniac. Even his closest friends are beginning to doubt him, wondering why he won't fend off these accusations. But Stark's self-imposed exile is cut short, as Iron Man must face off against his evil doppelganger, which has embarked on a ...more
Published January 17th 2007 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Avengers Disassembled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers Disassembled

The Invincible Iron Man by Warren EllisThe Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 1 by Matt FractionThe New Avengers, Vol. 1 by Brian Michael BendisIron Man, Vol. 2 by Kieron GillenIron Man by David Michelinie
Best of Iron Man
14th out of 41 books — 21 voters
Avengers Legends, Vol. 1 by Kurt BusiekThe New Avengers, Vol. 1 by Brian Michael BendisJLA/Avengers by Kurt BusiekAvengers Assemble, Vol. 1 by Kurt BusiekThe Avengers by Roy Thomas
Best of the Avengers
82nd out of 177 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Mike (the Paladin)
Ok first, full disclouser...I'm almost 60 and date back to what is usually called the "Silver Age" of comics. So, maybe for some who read this you'll say that comics have just, "passed me by".

I'm tired of picking up comics and have politics "spoon fed" to me in a simplistic manner. Writers please, if you must put your own politics in the books could you try to put in opposing views without making them "straw man" types you can knock down, or failing that at least be a little more subtile about.
Well well well - this hasn't aged well at all has it? It's another classic "bad guy takes superhero down systematically to the brink of destruction before an improbable fightback from said hero with the help of friends ex machina" tale, that is only loosely connected to the Avengers: Disassembled event that it is a part of - and just like Thor: Disassembled, is part of the event only by being contemporaneous to it. It's a complete coincidence that the bad guy (no spoilers) was going after Iron M ...more
Avengers Disassembled: Thor was actually kind of a cool story because it involved Ragnarok and it had absolutely nothing to do with the main Disassembled event, which turns out to be insanely terrible.

Tony's sub-storyline begins with some jurisdictional conflicts. The Avengers have recently become a UN concern, which means that Avengers Mansion is now sovereign territory and no longer eligible for NYC services such as trash removal. This is kind of hilarious (and educational!), but makes the Ave
Alain Dewitt
Very poor story partnered with just - I can't believe I am saying this - terrible art work. It looked like it was penciled and inked by a talented 7th grader.
Stephan van Velzen
Now this is how a tie-in comic needs to be. Iron Man Disassembled might in fact be better than Avengers Disassembled.
Joshua Ong
Not a huge Iron Man fan but this still managed to pique my interest. Heh.
Not an Iron Man or Tony Stark fan. But a really good story should make anyone a fan. This is a better than typical for Marvel story. The supporting super cast is a little weak, except perhaps for The Vision. But this definitely fills out the details around at least Iron Man's portion of Avengers Disassembled. And a heck of a lot better than the Fantastic Four issue. With mostly good enough but inconsistent art. The what is a superhero speech was definitely one of the low points.
More of a 3.5 stars. I didn't like the art very much, it felt "sloppy"
Feb 26, 2012 Katy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Poor Tony. Disputes over garbage collection and sovereign rights to the land the Avengers mansion is on, dick waving contests between the UN and the USA, Rumiko being killed by a rogue suit, having to apologise to Latveria...I miss the days of shits and giggles when he could fall asleep inside his helmet and no one cared.
Holden Attradies
This was an okay read. I am not to familiar with what all was going on with Stark around when this book takes place so I felt pretty lost, which always takes away from the book. I have a feeling I would enjoy it a lot more if I was more familiar with what was going on.
Federiken Masters
Oct 23, 2012 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans del personaje
Recommended to Federiken by: Que estaba a mano
Siguiendo con mis contradicciones habituales, continué leyendo tomos sueltos de un personaje que, en teoría, debería resultarme desagradable, como es Iron Man. En este caso, otra historia ingeniosa con dibujos agradables. Pero a Extremis e Hipervelocidad sigue sin ganarle nadie.
I love the way they just fridged Rumiko for no good reason. Not awesome, Harris & Ricketts. Not awesome at all.
Rebecca Null
I enjoyed this comic a lot.
Aaron Nilsen
Aaron Nilsen is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2015
Riley Barnitz
Riley Barnitz marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Matthew Jaques
Matthew Jaques marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
M. C. Subbayen
M. C. Subbayen marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Kyle Brodeur
Kyle Brodeur marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Adithya Vijayan
Adithya Vijayan marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Avengers Disassembled: Thor
  • Captain America: Disassembled (Captain America IV; #6)
  • Avengers Disassembled
  • Avengers: The Initiative, Vol. 2: Killed in Action
  • Iron Man: Armor Wars
  • Iron Man: Director Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Ultimate Iron Man: Ultimate Collection
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 12: Back in Black
  • Avengers Assemble, Vol. 1
  • Ultimate Comics New Ultimates: Thor Reborn
  • Thor/Loki: Blood Brothers

Avengers Disassembled (6 books)
  • Avengers Disassembled
  • Avengers Disassembled: Thor
  • Captain America: Disassembled (Captain America IV; #6)
  • Fantastic Four, Vol 5: Disassembled
  • Spectacular Spider-Man, Vol. 4: Disassembled
Night Trippers Nowheresville Dioramas: A Love Story Lazarus Jack Whiskey Dickel, International Cowgirl