Start by marking “Avengers Disassembled: Iron Man” as Want to Read:
Avengers Disassembled: Iron Man

Avengers Disassembled: Iron Man (Avengers Disassembled)

2.98 of 5 stars 2.98  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Some think Tony Stark has lost his battle with the bottle. Others think he can't control his violent temper. Some think he's a homicidal maniac. Even his closest friends are beginning to doubt him, wondering why he won't fend off these accusations. But Stark's self-imposed exile is cut short, as Iron Man must face off against his evil doppelganger, which has embarked on a ...more
Published January 17th 2007 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Avengers Disassembled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers Disassembled

The Invincible Iron Man by Warren EllisThe Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 1 by Matt FractionIron Man, Vol. 2 by Kieron GillenThe New Avengers, Vol. 1 by Brian Michael BendisIron Man by David Michelinie
Best of Iron Man
14th out of 40 books — 21 voters
The New Avengers, Vol. 1 by Brian Michael BendisAvengers Legends, Vol. 1 by Kurt BusiekJLA/Avengers by Kurt BusiekAvengers Assemble, Vol. 1 by Kurt BusiekYoung Avengers, Vol. 1 by Allan Heinberg
Best of the Avengers
82nd out of 176 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Mike (the Paladin)
Ok first, full disclouser...I'm almost 60 and date back to what is usually called the "Silver Age" of comics. So, maybe for some who read this you'll say that comics have just, "passed me by".

I'm tired of picking up comics and have politics "spoon fed" to me in a simplistic manner. Writers please, if you must put your own politics in the books could you try to put in opposing views without making them "straw man" types you can knock down, or failing that at least be a little more subtile about.
Hrishi
Well well well - this hasn't aged well at all has it? It's another classic "bad guy takes superhero down systematically to the brink of destruction before an improbable fightback from said hero with the help of friends ex machina" tale, that is only loosely connected to the Avengers: Disassembled event that it is a part of - and just like Thor: Disassembled, is part of the event only by being contemporaneous to it. It's a complete coincidence that the bad guy (no spoilers) was going after Iron M ...more
Meghan
Avengers Disassembled: Thor was actually kind of a cool story because it involved Ragnarok and it had absolutely nothing to do with the main Disassembled event, which turns out to be insanely terrible.

Tony's sub-storyline begins with some jurisdictional conflicts. The Avengers have recently become a UN concern, which means that Avengers Mansion is now sovereign territory and no longer eligible for NYC services such as trash removal. This is kind of hilarious (and educational!), but makes the Ave
Alain Dewitt
Very poor story partnered with just - I can't believe I am saying this - terrible art work. It looked like it was penciled and inked by a talented 7th grader.
Stephan van Velzen
Now this is how a tie-in comic needs to be. Iron Man Disassembled might in fact be better than Avengers Disassembled.
Mitchell
Not an Iron Man or Tony Stark fan. But a really good story should make anyone a fan. This is a better than typical for Marvel story. The supporting super cast is a little weak, except perhaps for The Vision. But this definitely fills out the details around at least Iron Man's portion of Avengers Disassembled. And a heck of a lot better than the Fantastic Four issue. With mostly good enough but inconsistent art. The what is a superhero speech was definitely one of the low points.
Chris
More of a 3.5 stars. I didn't like the art very much, it felt "sloppy"
Katy
Feb 26, 2012 Katy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Poor Tony. Disputes over garbage collection and sovereign rights to the land the Avengers mansion is on, dick waving contests between the UN and the USA, Rumiko being killed by a rogue suit, having to apologise to Latveria...I miss the days of shits and giggles when he could fall asleep inside his helmet and no one cared.
Holden Attradies
This was an okay read. I am not to familiar with what all was going on with Stark around when this book takes place so I felt pretty lost, which always takes away from the book. I have a feeling I would enjoy it a lot more if I was more familiar with what was going on.
Federiken Masters
Oct 23, 2012 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans del personaje
Recommended to Federiken by: Que estaba a mano
Siguiendo con mis contradicciones habituales, continué leyendo tomos sueltos de un personaje que, en teoría, debería resultarme desagradable, como es Iron Man. En este caso, otra historia ingeniosa con dibujos agradables. Pero a Extremis e Hipervelocidad sigue sin ganarle nadie.
I love the way they just fridged Rumiko for no good reason. Not awesome, Harris & Ricketts. Not awesome at all.
Rebecca Null
I enjoyed this comic a lot.
James
James marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Tosh
Tosh added it
May 07, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Heather Miller
Heather Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Terrence
Terrence marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Tumtum
Tumtum marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Abdul
Abdul added it
Mar 26, 2015
  • Avengers Disassembled: Thor
  • Avengers: The Initiative, Vol. 2: Killed in Action
  • Captain America: Disassembled (Captain America IV; #6)
  • Avengers Disassembled
  • Avengers, Vol. 3: The Search for She-Hulk
  • Spider-Man 2099, Volume 1
  • Dark Wolverine, Vol. 1: The Prince
  • Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller, Vol. 3
  • Iron Man: Director Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Decimation: X-Men - The 198

Avengers Disassembled (6 books)
  • Avengers Disassembled
  • Avengers Disassembled: Thor
  • Captain America: Disassembled (Captain America IV; #6)
  • Fantastic Four, Volume 5: Disassembled
  • Spectacular Spider-Man, Vol. 4: Disassembled
Night Trippers Nowheresville Dioramas: A Love Story Lazarus Jack Whiskey Dickel, International Cowgirl