Start by marking “The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word” as Want to Read:
The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word

The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word

#1 New York Times bestselling author Joyce Meyer teaches readers how to create change in their lives and truly receive God's blessings. Includes powerful Scriptures covering over 50 topics, such as patience, loneliness, and wisdom.
Published October 15th 2007 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word

Jannetta
A permanent place in my Bible study endevoures. Its very easy to use. Jam packed full of useful scriptures.
D
Mar 23, 2013 D rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"When we confess God's word out loud, the angels hear it and go to work for us,' says Joyce Meyer in the introduction to this useful little book. "The angels are not activated by out complaining, murmuring, doubting and unbelief."

Anyone at all familiar with Joyce Meyer and her daily television program and her writings, knows that she preaches that Christianity is truly a gospel of good news and that God wants us to be happy and enjoy our lives.

This book has over 200 pages of scriptures categoriz
Yolanda
Jun 24, 2011 Yolanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though I am removing this book from my currently reading shelf, I will continue to read it as often I can. It's nice to have the Bible verses I need at my fingertips. The way the book is sorted according to topic makes it very easy to find just the right verses and claim them for oneself. It also shows how God's word can be applied to one's life. So practical. I highly recommended it to all!
Beryl
Mar 28, 2016 Beryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At times we don't realize that our words have power. We can use it to build or destroy us and others. I have found that confessing the word of God has brought major breakthrough in my life. Major part of the book has bible verses categorized for example "encouragement and comfort" . We can confess it when we feel like we lack it and so on. This is a book we can use everyday to have a victorious life.
Elaine
Praying the Amplified Version is superfluous. Better to see what Joyce has to say in this book and then look it up in another version.

This isn't the type of book, for some of us, to read word for word but to look up different areas as needed in the table of contents and then go to the page specified.
Jaclyn
This is a great little prayer book. I refer to it often because no matter what I want to pray about, there are scripture references in here for it and often the most powerful prayers are the ones straight out of scripture.
Anne Gooch
Sep 03, 2013 Anne Gooch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this little book. It fits in my purse and I carry it with me at all times. It's great to read while you are waiting in the doctor's office. I have used it for more times then I can count whenever I need to be lifted up. This is a must for anyone that reads the bible.
Maria Bernadette Alcalde Cantil
Oct 02, 2007 Maria Bernadette Alcalde Cantil added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: melody
i love this book,i learned from this book that truely there is power in speaking his word over my life and over the life of my family, i saw the answer of all my longings and claiming all the things that i asked from the Lord it will all came to passed!
Mark Mccay
""When we confess God's word out loud, the angels hear it and go to work for us,' says Joyce Meyer in the introduction to this useful little book. What great reminders of the awesome promises we have in Him.
Gina
Jul 14, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this little book! It is great as a topical reference for areas that you are having problems with on a particular day. I have "flagged" mine with little labels for quick and easy reference to the topics. I use this in morning devotions with my son, often.
Rachydee
Jun 17, 2015 Rachydee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome use as a study toil. It is small and portable and handy. I enjoy that Joyce has collected hundreds of scriptures to help you speak God's word easily over your life. This was a birthday gift and I love it
Maddys Mum
Mar 08, 2008 Maddys Mum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I take this little book out when I feel like reading from a certain topic, and I use it to confess the Word of God. I take this book with me when I travel.
Patricia Perkins
Jan 12, 2016 Patricia Perkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Patricia by: I bought it for myself.
I love this book, because I can pray Scripture on any subject that is in need. Joyce Meyer has compiled and excellent book. All who read it will benefit.
Cherie Dugas
Feb 09, 2013 Cherie Dugas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is power in speaking Gods word. This book helps quickly pull out key scripture for items we struggle with like anger or loneliness or inadequacies.
Rhonda Jackson
Sep 16, 2009 Rhonda Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a reference book to scriptures that apply to just about every emotion. Rather than dwelling on your fear, open this book and see what the Bible says about fear. I keep it ON HAND.
Angela Williams
Feb 09, 2015 Angela Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
very good addition to my current bible study. It's important to speak God's word out loud. Faith comes by hearing and wonders hearing by the word of God.
Kamlesh
Dec 30, 2011 Kamlesh marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
thnx for giving opprtunity to read this book....and tnx for the best life that i got
Bridget
May 18, 2008 Bridget marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: joyce-meyer
Have this book
Kaysha Sahai
Aug 16, 2015 Kaysha Sahai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book and very well-organized reference for speaking God's word into your life.
Dawn
Mar 08, 2008 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learing how important it is to speak Gods word it was great!
Princess
Oct 24, 2007 Princess added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
This book helps you know how effective and powerful our words are and the Word of God spoken daily.
Alicia
Apr 21, 2010 Alicia is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I use this often & it is AMAZING!!!
Wyvonna
Good book.
J.
Apr 01, 2015 J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-books
Amazing book to help you speak your scriptures out loud & to provide encouragement!
Linda Perez
Apr 01, 2013 Linda Perez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must have for all!
Kate Linde
Mar 21, 2011 Kate Linde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of the best 'Pray the Word' books
penny
Apr 20, 2009 penny is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It's an on-going reminder of God's promises.
Veeviane
Jan 04, 2015 Veeviane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I put this indispensable book in my purse/handbag. It has and will come in handy while on the road.
Kacey
Jul 12, 2013 Kacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite possibly my favorite Joyce book. Every prayer warrior needs this book
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • A Life Unleashed: Giving Birth to Your Dreams
  • The Tongue - A Creative Force
  • Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose
  • Beautiful Battle: A Woman's Guide to Spiritual Warfare
  • The Bible Answer Book
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • You Matter More Than You Think: What A Woman Needs To Know About The Difference She Makes
  • The Strong-Willed Child: Birth Through Adolescence
  • Boring: Finding an Extraordinary God in an Ordinary Life
  • Extraordinary: The Life You're Meant to Live
  • Jesus: Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millennium
  • Prayers That Avail Much Commemorative
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her more than 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through faith in Christ. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life airs daily on hundred
More about Joyce Meyer...

“My family is healthy and prosperous. Everything we lay our hand to is blessed. —3 JOHN 2 & DEUTERONOMY 28:8, 11-12” 3 likes
“Above all that I put on, I put on love. I clothe myself with behavior marked by mercy, tender hearted pity, kind feeling, a lowly opinion of myself, gentle ways [and] patience. I have the power to endure whatever comes with good temper. I am gentle and forbearing with others and, if I have a difference or a grievance with someone; even as the Lord has [freely] forgiven me, I also forgive others. —COLOSSIANS 3:12-14” 1 likes