Start by marking “Ģēnija dienasgrāmata” as Want to Read:
Ģēnija dienasgrāmata

Ģēnija dienasgrāmata

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,460 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Izcilā spāņu gleznotāja un sirreālisma pārstāvja S.Dalī (1904–1989) sarakstītā “Ģēnija dienasgrāmata” aptver laiku no 1952. līdz 1958. gadam. Tajā redzams savā ziņā atkailināts Dalī, kas ar baudu priecājas par savu tēlu, ar pārsteidzošu nekaunību kultivē pats savu personību. Taču aiz lielās pašslavināšanās saskatāms gleznotājs ar sakāpinātu mākslas apziņu, izteiktu precizi ...more
Published by Jumava (first published 1942)

To ask other readers questions about Ģēnija dienasgrāmata, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ģēnija dienasgrāmata

Caroline
The most striking aspect of Dali is his essential conservatism. Beneath the exhibitionism, the surrealism, the extravagance is a 19th century, perhaps Spanish, clinging to rules, rigor, discipline, hierarchy, and finally religion. He found freedom within tradition, and criticized Picasso for struggling (‘reduced to slavery’) endlessly in the complete freedom of revolution. Here is his frustration at the art school faculty:

I was already in full reaction against cubism. They, in order to reach cub
Justin
Yet another Dali book I am unable to rate.
It took me almost a year to read this book off-and-on. It was damn near impossible. For two reasons I almost did the unthinkable and gave up:

1) It is written by a man with a tongue of genius. He has a way with words that throws you off from your pure amazement of their exquisiteness, and hell, all that genius makes for a complicated read. It's hard not to get tripped up. (Exquisiteness? Now that word is certainly not worthy of being called exquisite ...
M. Sarki
Salvador Dalí was thirty-seven years old when he completed this autobiography, his book of secrets, he says. He had become at this more mature age a serious Christian, a Catholic to be exact, and his quest for heaven was really all that mattered to him by then besides the love of his life, Gala, his personal fame and glory, his home and possessions, and the faith in God that has eluded him all his life. The god part was all a surprise to me and I was not expecting to learn of these extraordinary ...more
Chloe Thurlow
When reading this book one must take into account that Dali was a genius. It is an accompaniment to his work and thus surreal not formulaic. He reveals all his passions, fetishes and obsessions - and he worked on them constantly throughout his life. In the summer every year while staying at his summer retreat in Cadaques, he sent Picasso a postcard with the same message: In July neither women nor snails. What does it mean? What does it matter. Read this book
Marlena

This book changed my life and the way I used to perceive the inner lives of visual artists. It flows like a painting, it's packed with surreal images and symbols that only Dali could relate to. it's a real memoir, nothing fake, nothing hidden, just insane, strange and beautiful like Dali was.
It's number one on my list of favorite books.
However, I do understand why some people might not enjoy it so much, it's not for everyone.
one has to know a little about the artist and surrealism in order to g
Motaz Soliman
عجيب و مثير للجدل ..
سريالي .. او هو السريالية زي ما قال على نفسة ..
مغرور أو أكتر من كده شوية .. بس في وسط كلامة حسيت انه بيكافح بالغرور حاجة تانية .. بيحارب الهجوم على غموضه بالغرور .. حاجة كده زي النكوص عند الأطفال ..
حاجة زي العنصرية المضادة ..
المهم ان الكتاب عجبني .. و شخصية الراجل هاتفضل مثيرة
Katie
This book is the polar opposite of a quick read... this book is a project that may take you months or years of on again, off again, reading. it is worth the struggle, but it should be read in small doses. Much like his art work, it is a bit overwhelming.
David Madden
Like his painted images, Dali's style is bizarre in complex ways. His life is very like his paintings. In his book, he provides sketches that illustrate events and his perspectives on the episodes of his life, along with photographs. He has a brilliant analytical mind and a style to do it justice. He is truly myriad-minded. He was a friend of the avant garde director Bunuel and of the tragic poet Lorca. Page by page, he fills the reader's head full of images and ideas. His book makes the reader ...more
ندى الأبحر
!يروقني أن تمتلئ فرشاة رجل وجعبته غرورًا
فمن يمكن أن يكتب عن عبقرية دالي أفضل من دالي نفسه؟
Michael D.
At my second read, I still thoroughly enjoyed this book. (And yes, second read means I didn't quite make in through on the first go. Also, I believe the translator should be given his share of kudos in deciphering what many agree is pretty much a labryinth of words and phrases, but most importantly - fanciful albeit earnest embellishments. I agree that its probably not for some readers and even that truth itself varies depending on whether or not one likes somewhat boastful storytelling, the art ...more
Iluzija O. Istini
Svi mi s puno truda rastemo, ovisno o nasim sklonostima, u ono sto jesmo. Toliko sam znala. Iznenadilo me koliko truda treba uloziti da bi se bilo ludo.
verbava
Все были согласны, что надо делать революцию, но как? С чего начать? И почему? Не все было ясно с самого начала. Поскольку не грозила опасность, что революция вспыхнет сегодня же ночью, и у нас оставалось время, мы заказали еще выпивки на всех и терпеливо дожидались следующего виски.

або так:

Не верю, что человек настолько лишен фантазии, чтобы у водителей автобусов время от времени не появлялось желание выбить витрину Присуник, чтобы на лету не выхватить несколько подарков для своих семей. Не пон
Beka Sukhitashvili
დიდი მადლობა გალას, მისი არსებობისთვის.

შთამბეჭდავი ავტობიოგრაფიაა, განსაკუთრებით ბოლო ნაწილი. საოცრად კარგად ჩანს ევროპისა და ამერიკის ცხოვრების რითმის და ცალკეული ინდივიდის შინაგანი ბრძოლების დაპირისპირება.
ძალიან დამაინტერესა, მეორე მსიფლიო ომის დასრულების და იმ საშინელი ფაქტების გახმაურების შემდეგ, რა დაემართათ დალის იდეებს...
BurgendyA
This book was very unique, brilliant and beautiful as his paintings. Dali's bio leads to his childhood thru his age 37. This interesting and bizzare tale of how his captivated surrealism thru his art.

So I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in getting into the artistic minds of the masters. =)~
Heidi
I wish every autobiography was this fascinating. You really feel as though you've entered the perversely complex insanity of Dali's subjectivity. This book is quite a brilliant anomaly of an autobiography; not to mention the delight of his lovely, fantastical prose. I am planning on reading this again.
Natalia
Интересная книга сумасшедшего гениального человека. Или просто постановочно-пафосного... Хотя этого мы уже не узнаем.

Чего стоит фраза: "В июле – ни женщин, ни улиток"? Или сцена с сотней цыган, разрывающих на испанских улицах слона, распевающих фламенко с последующей сценой жестокости в утробе слона?

Сумасшествие бывает страшным, забавным и великим - и я так и не определилась с тем, какая именно здесь ситуация.
Но чтение увлекательное. Помогает чуть больше понять настолько же гениально-сумасшедши
Norah
I started to read this and it was very strange and interesting but then it got weird-weirder-and weirdist. So I stopped.
Jennifer Gutowski
wtf? now i know why dali said, "...i am drugs."
Martin Bueno
Its what you want when you set out to read
about a human
its a self writ bio

I couldn't believe it when i was reading
he cuts himself on a small glass shot bottle he thinks that one of his hairs is at the bottom but it turns out to be a tiny crack
he breaks a another kids violin and runs away as fast as he can

anyway it was the best bio i've read ever

He taps into the greater

Cggggg

he finishes his project and sses his examination sb
Tim
Dali's illustrations and some brilliant passages almost pushed my rating to five stars, but several verbose passages had me drowning in verbiage, and made me think Dali was nuts, or just filling pages to fulfill his contract with the publisher. Overall, a wonderful, worthwhile read. I especially enjoyed his perspective on Paris, New York, his beloved Leget and Cadaques, and his thoughts on Europe during and between the two world wars.
Kevin McAllister
One look at Dalai's paintings and you can see that he sees things in a different way. It also becomes clear in his auto biography that he sees things in a different way. But while at times I admired his absolute genius, in writing, his absolute sense of being a genius at times became a bit tiresome.Despite being an amazing man and an artistic genius, in his autobiography, he comes off as being a little bit too full of himself. But overall, a fascinating read.Dali was and still is amazing !
Dona
Možda nisam čitala dobar prijevod, knjiga je ok, ali ništa što mi je zaustavilo dah.
Mada je Dali zanimljiva ličnost, to je neporecivo.
Jsmith
Dali was a fantastic writer. Here is his autobiography from youth to the age of 30, tracing his ascent to fame. He includes anecdotes that would be interesting to anyone familiar with his work: his formative years in art school, the Surrealist Exhibition at the World's Fair, his inspiration for the melting watches... but those facts pale in comparison to his writing style, which is compelling in its own right. His intricately nested metaphors, extravagant vocabulary and vainglorious attitude mak ...more
Custodieva
Муха, Дали, Гала, рога носорогов, снова Дали...
Catalina B
This guys is a genius!
Colie!
Oct 12, 2007 Colie! rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: snarky people with great senses of humor and love of art (especially Dali's.)
This book is so pithy I just can't seem to get into it: I love it every time I pick it up, but don't want to disrespect it by not having ample time to absorb it. And the last year of grad school was certainly too sleep-deprived to lavish attention on it, and I'm still far from loyal book worship time. But maybe I'll put a dent in this Christmas vacation. That's how worth it the book is. He's hilarious. It also compliments my new surroundings: the shameless self-promotion is so L.A. Who knew?
A great and unique book, by and about a great and unique man (to say the least). I recommend this book to anyone who want's to get a true feel for who Dali was, how his genius worked; his totally unique perspective on life. This book is not an effortless read, but it is certainly worth the effort, both for the value of its contents and because you will come out with improved reading skills, an enlarged vocabulary, and insight into a one of a kind perspective, that will definitely surprise you.
Hobbes
Bizarre autobiographie, qui montre un Dali capricieux, loin d'être aimable, très sûr de son talent et un rien (!) prétentieux. Pas du tout le genre d'autobiographie autosatisfaite qu'on peut lire d'habitude. Et de longs passages oniriques sur une jeune fille qu'il retrouve plus tard dans Gala. Ca et des explications trouvées dans son enfance de certains thèmes importants et récurrents. Mais le (mauvais) caractère de Dali m'a empêché de vraiment accrocher.
  • Beksińscy. Portret podwójny
  • Salvador Dali
  • The Shameful Life of Salvador Dalí
  • Dalí, 1904-1989
  • Self Portrait
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • Manhood: A Journey from Childhood into the Fierce Order of Virility
  • Leonora Carrington: Surrealism, Alchemy and Art
  • Joseph Cornell's Theater of the Mind: Selected Diaries, Letters, and Files
  • The Seventh Horse And Other Tales
  • Brian Eno: His Music And The Vertical Color Of Sound
Salvador Domingo Felipe Jacinto Dalí i Domènech, 1st Marquis of Púbol, was a Spanish surrealist painter born in Figueres, Catalonia, Spain.

Dalí was a skilled draftsman, best known for the striking and bizarre images in his surrealist work. His painterly skills are often attributed to the influence of Renaissance masters. His best known work, The Persistence of Memory, was completed in 1931.

Salvado
More about Salvador Dalí...
Diary of a Genius Hidden Faces Dalí's Mustache 50 Secrets of Magic Craftsmanship Dali by Dali

“An elegant woman is a woman who despises you and has no hair under her arms.” 312 likes
“New skin, a new land! And a land of liberty, if that is possible! I chose the geology of a land that was new to me, and that was young, virgin, and without drama, that of America. I traveled in America, but instead of romantically and directly rubbing the snakeskin of my body against the asperities of its terrain, I preferred to peel protected within the armor of the gleaming black crustacean of a Cadillac which I gave Gala as a present. Nevertheless all the men who admire and the women who are in love with my old skin will easily be able to find its remnants in shredded pieces of various sizes scattered to the winds along the roads from New York via Pittsburgh to California. I have peeled with every wind; pieces of my skin have remained caught here and there along my way, scattered through that "promised land" which is America; certain pieces of this skin have remained hanging in the spiny vegetation of the Arizona desert, along the trails where I galloped on horseback, where I got rid of all my former Aristotelian "planetary notions." Other pieces of my skin have remained spread out like tablecloths without food on the summits of the rocky masses by which one reaches the Salt Lake, in which the hard passion of the Mormons saluted in me the European phantom of Apollinaire. Still other pieces have remained suspended along the "antediluvian" bridge of San Francisco, where I saw in passing the ten thousand most beautiful virgins in America, completely naked, standing in line on each side of me as I passed, like two rows of organ-pipes of angelic flesh with cowrie-shell sea vulvas.” 19 likes