Start by marking “The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6)

The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  25,123 ratings  ·  867 reviews
Forced to his knees in agony whenever he speaks the truth, Gideon can recognize any lie - until he captures Scarlet, a demon-possessed immortal who claims to be his long-lost wife. He doesn't remember the beautiful female, much less wedding - or bedding - her.
Published July 2nd 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Lie, please sign up.

Susan Harris I bought a set of 4 from the series and did not realise how big the series was, but once I read the ones I had, I then looked at what order they come…moreI bought a set of 4 from the series and did not realise how big the series was, but once I read the ones I had, I then looked at what order they come in and I suppose it will make a difference as you may read something further along and think "OMG when did that happen" so try not to skip too many they are all worth the wait, believe me.
Hope this helps x(less)
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
42nd out of 1,217 books — 10,685 voters
Lover Awakened by J.R. WardBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesLover Eternal by J.R. Ward
So you love a Bad Boy or Tortured Hero
104th out of 2,401 books — 4,073 voters

More lists with this book...

"Cold metal and hot skin, a delicious combination."

The Darkest Lie is the sixth book of the Lords of the Underworld series, the story of Gideon, Keeper of Lies, and Scarlet, Keeper of Nightmares.

Scarlet had spent hundreds of years in Tartarus, waiting for her husband to come back for her. He never did. When she finally got free, she came to Budapest to get revenge on her faithless husband.

At the end of the previous book, The Darkest Passion, the Lords captured Scarlet, and placed her in the
3 Very Confusing Stars!
This was the sixth book in the Lords of the Underworld series. Gideon and Scarlets story. It was my least favorite one and I had a hard time getting into it.

Gideon is keeper of the Lies demon. So that means he can't speak the truth without feeling pain that will eventually make him weak. Through out the whole book you can imagine what you had to read. Gideon saying the opposite of what he really means and the person he's talking to repeating it the correct way. It was very

Man how I enjoyed this book, it was action packed and down right awesome sauce. I am in love with that blue haired devil called Gideon. The Mr sexy, keeper of lies, which means he has to speak lies instead of truth. So everything he says means the complete opposite. He just met the keeper of nightmares and she is saying that they were married and shared a son, but Gideon can’t remember a thing but he knows this woman, he yearns for this woman.

So the lords are still fightin
Belinda McBride
One of my biggest complaints in a lot of books I've read lately is the 'fiesty heroine' who is really closer to 'insufferable bitch' heroine. Gena Showalter tends to veer in that direction in this book, and then jerks the rug out from under the reader with a truly shocking twist. Unfortunately, Scarlett continues to be an insufferable bitch and never recovers my sympathy.

Another complaint... in many PNR that I'm reading lately is the tendency to veer off into side stories. The latest Nalini Sin
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

Im going to finish by saying that Gena Showalter did a terrible job not writing this book. I did think that I'd be able to understand Gideon tongue, but found after a couple of chapters that I couldn't understand Gideon at all. I became confused all the time and thought it was done poorly!

Gideon - He was awful. With his not blue hair and piercing, he was so mean to Scarlet and didn't treat her like the devil he was.

Scarlet was an absolute wh
Best book in the series so far funny, entertaining and engrossing 5 out of 5 stars
I really liked the storyline and relationship with Scarlet and Gideon, but there was way too much going on in this book. I alternated between bored, irritated, and exasperated as I read the storyline Amun, Aeron, and William starred in. I'm interested in seeing more of Amun and William (especially him), but I felt that way too much time was spent on them when this was Gideon's book.

I also wasn't that thrilled with the whole purpose of that storyline either. Ugh! The fact that Aeron would put hi
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
The Darkest Lie has to be one of my favourites of the Lords of the Underworld series! Both highly entertaining and heartbreaking, I loved every moment of it!

To be honest, I wasn’t particularly excited to read Gideon’s book. I loved the moment between him and Olivia in The Darkest Passion with the panties thing and all. However, I also found his demons, Lies to be annoying sometimes. Gideon has one of the worst demons of all. He can’t have a meaningful conversation without insulting someone. It’s
Before I get started on discussing anything about this book I just wanna make it known that our "heroine" Scarlet was a great big slice of fat from the annoyance meat. I typically don't really go all "oh, boy! She's the bomb" with Gena's leading ladies, I'm really interested in learning more about the pretty mens but Scarlet was just too much for me and the number one reason why I knocked a star off this book.

Another reason is because while I do not pay much attention to how a book is written,
Mistress SuckMyBlackDagger
Gideon oh you sexy beast. He is all sorts of tie me down and spank me hot! I really enjoyed this installment of LOTU. It was full of humor yet also stayed true to the sexy demon lord romance. Scarlet was a bit annoying at times. I just hate when they keep going back and forth mentally about to stay or not to stay. Just shut it! He is effing hot, you want him and honey you know you ain't going any where so deal with it already. I had moments of "damn" and I like that. I like twist an unexpected e ...more
Well, I think this is the last of the Lords of the Underworld for me for a while. This book just did not do it for me. At all.

In this installment, the main story (if you can call it that) is about Gideon, Keeper of Lies. Gideon's character is actually pretty funny because he is unable to speak the truth. If he DOES speak the truth, it causes him horrible pain and weakens him for days. So a simple conversation takes quite a bit of translating. When he wants to say, "Don't leave. If you stay, we c
Favorite Quote :"My Demon is a Girl??"

Just give this book 5 stars. I don't know why this book not "touch" me like The Darkest Passion. But its still have a great story

So, Gideon is Keeper of Lies. One day, there is a woman, her name is Scarlet, told him that she is his wife. But Gideon never remember when they are married and why they are now life separated. He can't detect any lie in Scarlet too.

Scarlet is the Keeper of Nightmare, she can unleashed the nightmare in everyone dream. She feel bet
4 stars – Paranormal Romance

I have to admit, this started off pretty freakin’ slow for me, and I felt like it had been ages since I’d read the last LOTU book ‘cause I was totally lost. Fortunately, the action really picked (and heated) up around the halfway point, and then it was an addictive, kick-ass, smokin’ hot ride until the very end. And I loved blue-haired, tattooed, pierced, sensitive, sexy, lie-uttering demon bad boy Gideon! It’s not my favorite LOTU book, but still a solid 4 stars. I c
De todos los libros que llevo, este es el que tiene los dialogos más locos. Pobre Gideon, cada vez que habla siempre tiene que decir mentiras y eso como lectora es divertídisimo, tienes que pensar que es lo que realmente quiere decir.

¿Y que decir de Scarlet? Pues que creo que es una de mis favoritas, me gusta como va pateando culos cuando es necesario.

La historia se queda muy interesante, no creo que tarde mucho en seguir con la saga.
Jen (Red Hot Books)
OK. I have to admit I have some mixed feelings about this book. Our hero is Gideon and as one of the Lords of the Underworld, he holds the soul of a demon inside him. His demon is Lies, which makes him incapable of telling the truth without experiencing debilitating pain. This. Is. Utterly. Annoying. Every single bit of his dialogue is in this absurd reverse-speak, followed by a translation so we can grasp his meaning. It bugged me to such a degree that it almost ruined the book for me. And that ...more
Rating 3.5 stars

Ah…such a complicated book and such a twist and good use of the word lie. Gideon is a Lord of the Underworld, his demon Lies, so he cannot speak the truth if he does he experiences pain and 99 % of the time he can tell when people are lying, sadly he can’t tell if Scarlet, the recently captured Titan God who houses the demon nightmare, is lying. She told him she is his wife and then shut down plus they both have the same tattoo. He needs answers so he decides to take her
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
I really enjoy this series it is the closest thing I have found to the BDB series by J.R Ward. While still being totally original. But here is the thing with this particular book...

I didn't dislike it. The story line and characters were good and the premise was certainly unique. But when the main character can only talk in lies (if he tells the truth he faces unbearable pain) then you have to mentally convert everything he says into its opposite. And maybe I am just stupid but once I started doi
Why I thought I would not like Gideon I have no idea. I loved this book. Couldn't put it down. I was missing the thrill of reading a book who would get me all hooked like this one did.

Gideon was great. I loved him. And nightmares, the heroine was amazing as well. I love A-kicking heroines. I just don't know what to say I'm still trying to recover from all those OMG and WTF moments,lol. So many amazing things happen in this book. I just think this couple was great.I definitely liked them most tha
Benita Vehnom  Ruiz
TEAM GIDLET!!!! To Part is to Die!!!! I have to say this is my fav in the LOTU series. Gibeon possived with the demon Lies is the best. He can only tell lies and if he utters the truth he would be in pain. Blue hair, tattoos and pirecings eveything that I want in a man lol. Love the Gibeon Talk, at times I found myself reading the sentences to make sure I read it right. Scarlet is possived by the demon Nightmare and she can make those nightmare come true with a single thought. Love Scarlet, felt ...more
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Μπορεί η Πορφύρα και ο Γκίντεον να μην είναι το αγαπημένο μου ζευγάρι αλλα λάτρεψα την ιστορία! Πολυ δράση και περιπέτειες για όλους τους ήρωες, δεν μπορούσα να ξεκολλήσω. Η σειρα εξελίσσεται με τρόπο που απολαμβάνω πολύ!
Jan 09, 2013 Hanife marked it as considering-to-read
Neden, neden, neden bu kitap altıncı sırada. Dört kitap daha nasıl sabredeceğim senin ağzından dökülen yalanları dinlenmek için Gideon?
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
Read Full Review Here | Kindle | Amazon Print

Smokinhot Cliff Note: Ok, those of you like me (and K-Khan) and completely forgot the ending in Darkest Passion you are not alone. Darkest Lie starts off with the mysterious Scarlett locked away in the Lords’ dungeon. Gideon can’t quite understand why he is so intrigued by the Keeper of Nightmares, until she mentions she is his wife…

Darkest Lie is for the most part told from Gideone’s POV who has to speak in, well, lies. If he tells the truth he is in
2.49 stars.

There are 3 storylines in this book. Stryder's is boring and felt like page filler. Amun's managed to turn him from enigmatic and complex into tedious and simple.

The romance between Gideon and Scarlet was wonderful until 56% of the way through the book. Then a plot twist was dropped that ruined everything. It took away the emotional investment and all the chemistry. In the first half of the book Scarlet was strong, confident, courageous, clever, and sassy. In the second half she becam
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
Laura the Highland Hussy
I can honestly say that as much as I was dying to read this, I wasn't sure how an entire book full of "Gideon Speak" would be to read. It was marvelous. So well-done that I never had an instant where I was unsure of what was said. I loved it and any Lords fans will too! Any Kresley Cole fans will love Carrow's cameo appearance on youtube :)
I think that Gena Showalter is gearing up for something big. Too much was hinted at. (I'm trying to do this review with as few spoilers as possible) I'm super
Jimmy Hanson
The only really enjoyable part of this novel: Gideon. Period.

There were quite a few pieces where I absolutely LOVED Scarlet, who turned into the badass female worthy of the demon Nightmares, but there were just as many pieces where she was a whimpering, simpering, crying little ho that I just wanted to slap around a bit.

In fact, for both Scarlet *and* Gideon, there was a GREAT deal of a theme I absolutely HATE - the "I'm doing this for his/her own good ... I can't stay with them/must let them g
Kat Desi
This review is written in Gideon Speak.

I'm not going to tell you want I think about this book. I didn't like it, obviously. I hated Gideon. He made me cry with how he spoke. He is also not dreamy. He is hideous. He is not my favorite Lord out of all of the Lords of the Underworld.

I also hated Scarlet, who is not totally not bad ass. She is not an interesting character. She grew up spoiled and pampered and I really don't care about her as a character.

Together, they make an unremarkable couple.

Daisy ♥ Not a flower
Another hit by Gena Showalter! She can do nothing wrong :)) And Gideon ...more
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Lie (LOTU #6) 9 68 Sep 28, 2013 06:36PM
I always love a good bromance 6 67 Jan 15, 2013 06:13AM
  • Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)
  • Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9)
  • Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld, #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, #11)
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)

“Well I've been calling myself Scarlet Pattinson for several weeks. Have you seen Robert Pattinson? Hottest. Man. Ever. And no, I don't care if that makes me a couger. He sings with the voice of an angel. Gods, I love when a man sings to me. You never did because your voice is terrrible." She shuddered in distaste. "I swear, its like a demon running its claws over brimsone.” 86 likes
“He planned to stick to her like pasties on a stripper.” 41 likes