Start by marking “The New Avengers, Volume 6: Revolution” as Want to Read:
The New Avengers, Volume 6: Revolution

The New Avengers, Volume 6: Revolution (The New Avengers #6)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  1,197 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
The New Avengers versus the Hand And the New Avengers versus the Mighty Avengers And the identity of the new Ronin revealed Who is the new mystery player in the New Avengers? Find out here Guest-starring the Mighty Avengers and... Brother Voodoo Plus: the story Avengers fans have been waiting for. The shocking return of Hawkeye and the Scarlet Witch.

Collecting: New Avenger
Hardcover, Premiere Hardcover, 144 pages
Published August 29th 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The New Avengers, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Avengers, Volume 6

Gavin
Jun 17, 2016 Gavin rated it it was amazing
Wow.
That was awesome. We just went from Civil War to The Initiative, to the start of Secret Invasion all in One volume.

Oh, and Hawkeye came back from the dead and found Scarlet Witch, left her be, and took on a new identity.

Bendis is tip top for, here, and Lenil Yu Art is GORGEOUS.

We also get a showdown with Iron Man's Mighty Avengers, and a Roster Change.

Pre Civil War: Cap, Iron Man, Spidey, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, the Sentry (on a part time basis), and Wolverine after the Savage Land. Oh and
Brian Poole
Oct 28, 2014 Brian Poole rated it liked it
In the wake of Civil War, Captain America was apparently dead, while Iron Man and Sentry decamped for a sanctioned Avengers team. The other New Avengers were joined by Doctor Strange, Iron Fist and a new Ronin, a/k/a old friend Hawkeye, back from the dead and a controversial encounter with an amnesiac and depowered Scarlet Witch. The plot picked up Echo’s story as she cut a swath through the Japanese underworld. The New Avengers responded to Echo’s S.O.S. after dodging several attempts by Iron M ...more
Wealhtheow
When the Superhuman Registration Act was passed, many heroes refused to register and went underground. Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Woman, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Hawkeye and Jessica Drew are some of those who refuse to work under the US government's control. Instead, they split their time between opposing government forces and with their usual superheroing. In this case, that means saving Maya Lopez, who took up the mantle of Ronin but was eventually overwhelmed by Elektra's Hand ...more
Labyrinth
Jun 27, 2013 Labyrinth rated it really liked it
Number 21 is particularly notable for the lovely "Ballad of Hawkeye & Scarlet Witch," their return after House of M, and its beautiful art by Maleev.
Rajarshi Aich
Mar 21, 2017 Rajarshi Aich rated it did not like it
Pointless bickering.. the entire book is not going anywhere but some messy fight sequence with the Hand. Nothing like a Bendis writing.
Arno Callens
May 29, 2015 Arno Callens rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel-comics
New Avengers continues past the Civil War with a new purpose, a new roster, but no new name, which is all kinds of weird. It's a shame the balance has been thrown off so soon after the team's inception, but at least Bendis uses the fallout of the Civil War to set up a confrontation between his titular characters and the Mighty Avengers.

And boy, what a thrilling confrontation that is. In my experience Tony Stark has never been more interesting than he is in Civil War-mode: ruthless and unstoppab
Matt Anderson
Collects New Avengers issues #26-31

In the wake of "Civil War," a group of superheroes are on the run from SHIELD and the American government. This is their story.

The main antagonists to the New Avengers in these pages are Iron Man and his registered superhero team (on the team is Sentry, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, Wonder Man, and Ares).

Meanwhile, the protagonists of this book are:

Dr. Strange
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Spider-Woman
Wolverine
Ronin
Spider-Man

It seems like Luke Cage is the leader of this gr
Darian
Apr 29, 2012 Darian rated it it was ok
Avengers #26 is Bendis doing what he does best: brief but deep personal stories (this one involving Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch.) Him teaming up with Maleev is a winning combo.

Avengers #27-31 is Bendis going out of his depth. Yu replaces Maleev on art and does a decent job, but Bendis' writing falters noticeably. I dislike his treatment of some, if not most, of the characters and their interactions with each other.

The best worst example is Spiderman. I realise it's not easy to write Spiderman; n
Holden Attradies
The very end tail of this (and beginning of the next volume) is in a Secret Invasion book I read. I enjoyed the pieces there, but having them put into their context of the series they were part of lead to me enjoying them a WHOLE lot more.

The art was incredible. Alex Maleev's art for the Scarlet Witch story came of as overly seductive and sexual which fit the story perfectly. Leinil Yu's art was, well, his art. I was very torn over it art when I first ran across it. From the perspective of art f
Adam
Oct 25, 2009 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Brian Michael Bendis's writing for The New Avengers has never really come together for me. (His writing during this period for The Mighty Avengers plays much more to his strengths.) But the art in this volume is beautiful, especially Alex Maleev's art for the first issue, which is a standalone story about the resurrected Clint Barton (Hawkeye) searching for Wanda Maximoff (The Scarlet Witch) in a fictional Eastern European town. Clearly influenced by Gustav Klimt (among others), this story is be ...more
Patty Wood
Sep 27, 2013 Patty Wood rated it really liked it
NANO DONES

The book "The New Avengers" in my perspective was really well writtin.I like how they included new superheros that don't really get noticed.In the begining of the book all the superheros met up and they had a really big discusion.They was talking about uniting adn evryone had there own opinion on the idea of joining together most people agreed with the idea except one a guy named poseidon. He said " why should i help u guys protect the land if u guys dont help me defend atlantus did u
Fizzgig76
Reprints New Avengers #26-31. Hawkeye's back and searching for the Scarlet Witch. The New Avengers face the fall out of the Civil War and are forced to remain in hiding. Plus: The big reveal at the end is a lead in to Secret Invasion. The problem I have with New Avengers is that it feels like an early '90s comic. The art is horrible (with exception of the Scarlet Witch issue in this collection). It his inked too dark and it is confusing. The story also feels like an early '90s comic book...meani ...more
Kari Sommers
Sep 03, 2013 Kari Sommers rated it liked it
Shelves: finished-in-2013
More Avengers vs. Avengers fun, with some trouble from the Hand to boot: Hawkeye might not be dead after all, and Maya Lopez's plan to take down the Japanese underworld has run into a serious snag: the Hand, and its new leader, Elektra. Maya's kidnapping prompts an automated message to go out to Matt Murdock, a.k.a. Daredevil, asking him to kill her (if she isn't already dead) or avenge her (if she is) so she doesn't get brainwashed by the Hand. Murdock and company have their own issues to deal ...more
Silas
Sep 04, 2014 Silas rated it it was amazing
This was a good time. It follows on the heels of the Civil War storyline, and plants some of the first seeds for the Secret Invasion. I remember reading some of these in the original issues, but it makes a lot more sense now that I have read the issues that came before. The team has been pared down to some of my favorite characters (Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, and Clint Barton as Ronin). It's quite interesting to see some of the interactions that ta ...more
Mely
Feb 16, 2012 Mely marked it as read-seq-art
I just lost a huge write-up. Ugh, Firefox.

#22 - Art by Alex Maleev. Clint Barton goes looking for Wanda Maximoff, who killed and resurrected him twice. Unsurprisingly, I love it. Spooky (Clint approaching the closed door) and sensuous (Klimt-referencing kiss).

#23 - Art by Leinil Yu (sigh). The New Avengers, hunted by Tony Stark's SHIELD, rescue Echo from the Hand (Japanese yakuza) and discover that Skrulls (shapechanging aliens) have invaded, occupied positions of power, and are undetectable by
Korynn
Volume 6 is a definite improvement. We have the team schism left over from Civil War still evident. We have a secret headquarters with Dr. Strange. There is a tremendous stand-alone issue at the beginning in which Hawkeye tries to find the Scarlet Witch and figure out why she killed him in the House of M storyline (even though it didn't stick). I really enjoyed this plot line with the rescue of Echo from Elektra and the Hand. Nothing like classy repartee while fighting hordes of ninjas. And of c ...more
Angela
Nov 30, 2014 Angela rated it it was ok
Would've rated it higher, but I kept finding the wonky timelines between the Civil War immediate fallout story and the Echo/Electra story jarring. Even before the halfway mark, I just wanted it to be over. I think I'm finished with this particular version of New Avengers. Once it veered away from the Raft and Sentry into Civil War-heavy volumes, I completely lost interested. I have yet to read anything from Civil War that I cared for.
Alice
Dec 05, 2015 Alice rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel-unlimited
This was pretty good. Very excited to see Doctor Strange joining the gang, and Iron Fist (who I know next to nothing about... his outfit is pretty stupid though)! Maya Lopez/Ronin/Echo seems cool.

However I am finding the Civil War stuff pretty boring (I enjoyed the main story but so far the New Avengers tie ins have been a big let down).. I'm kind of really sick of Maria Hill and Iron Man.

The Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch thing I did not understand. That was weird. And the art was horrible.
Daniel
Jan 09, 2017 Daniel rated it really liked it
Hey look, an actually fun Bendis Avengers story! Characters with somewhat unique voices bouncing off each other! Some actual adventure! A distinct lack of verbose monologues! Ninjas!

Also a case study in how an artist change can really affect the tone of a series. Leinil Yu's artwork brings a skittish energy to the page that greatly assists momentum and makes it ENJOYABLE in a way that David Finch's work never was (even if he draws boobs sorta weirdly).
Mark
Apr 14, 2012 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, avengers
Hawkeye comes back from the dead and the team heads to Japan to help an undercover agent accidentally abandoned by Civil War.

Excellent art and excellent story. A pivotal book in the Secret Invasion series.

A must read for True Believers!

Notes
Scarlet Witch makes an appearance.

Learning Curve
Moderate: Those new to Marvel might be confused.

Reading Order
Occurs at the end of Civil War.
Chompa
Dec 30, 2015 Chompa rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books, 2015
I did a reread of all the New Avengers recently. This is a standout in comics for me on so many levels. It has the best roster, best heart, best dialogue, best writing and phenomenal art. Bendis really nailed this story line and this entire run.
----

Civil War is a cross-over. I despise cross-over events. That said, this was a pretty good one and a lot of what makes New Avengers interesting/good directly ties into this Civil War.
Jen
May 31, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it
So Civil War is over.... But it isn't *really* over because the New Avengers still won't register and Tony Asshat-Stark refuses to let it go. So while dealing with that fallout, the New Avengers still have to do all this avenging.

I really liked the Wanda/Clint issues. I liked the House of M event. I also really like Doctor Strange so I'm glad he has more of a role in this volume.
Feather Mista
Jul 14, 2012 Feather Mista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los que ya venían
Recommended to Feather by: Lo que venía antes
La historia no está mal aunque cumple con demasiadas creces con la ley de conservación ninja: seis héroes contra un ejército inacabable de ninjas y no les matan ni a uno. Por cierto, me pareció bastante bien jugada la carta del nuevo Ronin (por más que la resurrección de quien está detrás me haya parecido de lo más al pedo), y los dibujos de Yu están muy bien. Si cae el #8, bienvenido sea.
Lesley
Jan 15, 2013 Lesley rated it really liked it
I'm giving this a four as an average - 5 stars for issue 26 simply for a beautifully stripped down and understated story and Alex Maleev's gorgeous, perfect artwork. 3 stars for the rest of the book.
J.
Jan 19, 2011 J. rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
A pretty standard Avengers story, hampered by some overly-confusing flashbacks (which Bendis usually does pretty well.) Of course, we've split into Mighty and New Avengers at this point. Unfortunately, I think this means we get two so-so series instead of one really good series.
Elijah Spector
Jan 22, 2008 Elijah Spector rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I can see how people would find this slow, but as a book, at least, it's pretty enjoyable. I may start following the series regularly, but we'll see if I can manage. There are definitely some fun ideas in here, though, and some great moments for those of us who've grown up with these characters.
Mitchell
Not bad, but could have been a lot better. Just being in order the whole way through would have been better. And consistently good art would have been better. But there were nice bits all the way through. The small bit with Clint and Wanda. Anytime they weren't fighting ninjas. 3.5 of 5.
Brad
Nov 22, 2007 Brad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
I really enjoy what Brian Michael Bendis is doing with the Ronin character/costume. I'm much more suspicious about the future of this team, and of Hawkeye and Echo in particular. The surprise ending at the end has me intrigued, though.
William Thomas
Dec 20, 2009 William Thomas rated it it was amazing
one of the only bendis story arcs i actually loved, seeing as how on countless occasions i have said that he is not a good super hero script writer, but better as an idea man. however, this doesn't change the fact that i think the man should go back to doing noir books for image.
Lindsey.parks
  • Young Avengers, Volume 1: Sidekicks
  • The Ultimates 2, Volume 2: Grand Theft America
  • Avengers: The Initiative, Volume 3: Secret Invasion
  • Civil War: X-Men

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

The New Avengers (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • The New Avengers, Volume 1: Breakout