Start by marking “Someday” as Want to Read:
Someday

Someday (Sunrise #3)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  4,987 ratings  ·  138 reviews
Pressures of the celebrity lifestyle weigh heavily on Dayne and Katy Matthews as they take on separate movie projects. Tabloid rumors talk of trouble and unfaithfulness between the two, but finally something drastic catches Dayne's attention and makes him realize the destruction they're playing with. But will it be too late? The Flanigan family recognizes the deep loss of ...more
Hardcover
Published January 1st 2008 by Tyndale

To ask other readers questions about Someday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someday

Vicki
I'm reading Someday (Sunrise Series-Baxter 3, Book 3). This is a series that is best read in order and focuses on the Baxter family. There are 3 sets of books about the Baxters. The first set is called the Redemption Series. Karen Kingsbury co-wrote it with Gary Smalley. The next set is the Firstborn Series, and Karen wrote these on her own. Then, she wrote the Sunrise Series. The book I'm reading now is the 3rd book in the Sunrise Series. It's unusual to have so many books about the same family ...more
Kathryn
I really liked the baxter series and this wasn't a disappointment. It continued the storyline of the famous actor and his new wife that have to wade through the changes and adjustment of being married, being in public eye and learning to trust each other. They also try to make the short life of a baby have meaning by showing how miracles can come of the experience. Can't wait to read the next and last book. I like that christian values are displayed.
Wendi
Dayne and Katy drove me a little crazy in this one. Although their actions were realistic, I wanted to reach through the book and shake them. Still a very good read though.
Becky
Loved! Once I got half way through this book I seriously couldn't put it down!
Emily
Cheesy yet encouraging fiction...
Tamara
SOMEDAY by Karen Kingsbury, the third in the Sunrise series allowed us a glimpse at Dayne and Katy, a Hollywood couple the paparazzi are determined to break up. While SOMEDAY also touched on Luke’s troubled marriage, Ashley’s heartache from the death of her infant daughter, the loss of the CKT (Christian Kids Theater), and the growing relationship between John Baxter and Elaine, Dayne and Katy were the main focus.

The ups and downs of Dayne and Katy’s relationship/marriage were pretty predictable
LadyCalico
This book was a let-down after Summer--I thought the characters had grown some, but in this one they regress again. I have a great deal of ambivalence about Karen Kingsbury books. Generally I find the stories soap-operaish, juvenile, and often contrived and unrealistic. Often I find the characters immature and get disgusted when 30-ish Christians respond emotionally and hurtfully to a contrived difficulty with the maturity of a 13-year old. (Yes, I am extremely left-brained.) They do way too muc ...more
Amy
"A DESPERATE SITUATION:
Pressures of the celebrity lifestyle weigh heavily on Dayne and Katy Matthews as they take on separate movie projects. Tabloid rumors talk of trouble and unfaithfulness between the two. And then a dramatic cover photo threatens to destroy everything they've worked to build together. Only Dayne knows the truth about the photo, truth that would help Katy believe him. But the truth will also cause devastating damage to the people he loves so dearly - the Baxter family.

A HEAR
Terri Tinkel
I picked up this 3rd-in-a-series book. Most of the time when you pick up a book in a sequence, there is a little bit of back history to bring you up to speed. I was very disappointed that this book had so many characters (over 7 main characters plus various spouses and/or friends) and so many back stories that I was caught up in trying to figure out what was going on. Suffice to say that all the characters were part of a large family and all of them had a deep faith that seemed to carry them thr ...more
Michaela
Katy and Dayne try to ignore the rags as they endeavor to break up their marriage. But when photos are captured that leave no one wondering what happened, will their marriage hold? Is the forever that Katy and Dayne spent so long working towards destroyed? As CKT ends, how will the kids handle being thrown back into life without those connections?
Kimberly
Book 3 in the Sunrise series. This one picks up right where Summer left off. Ashley and Landon are trying to move on after the death of their daughter Sarah. Her short life truly touched all the Baxter's and has brought inspiration to open up a new crisis center in town. John is struggling with the emotions he is facing in his relationship with Elaine. Does he want to take the next step with her? Would that be betraying Elizabeth's memory? Katy and Dayne are in different countries working on mov ...more
Nadine
Just simply WOW WOW WOW!! Beautiful story about the Baxter family. One more book left to finish the entire series. I felt like I was part of the Baxter family. Karen Kingsbury has a gift of writing. I got choked up many times while reading this book. I recommend it to anyone :)
Kristine
This book picks up when Ashley and Landon leave the hospital after the death of baby Sarah. Their prayer is that her short life makes a difference and even a miracle in the lives of those she touched. Katie and Dane struggle with their new marriage as they must make movies in two different continents. Luke and Regan's marriage weakens as both look to others for companionship and affection. John Baxter considers the idea of asking Elaine to marry him but wonders how he could ever leave all the me ...more
Becki
'Published in association with the literary agency of Alive Communications, Inc. ... Colorado Springs, CO'--T.p. verso.\n\n\nWonderful...as usual. I don't want this series to end.
Nicole
Once again, Karen has outdone herself. I love this series and these characters, and really enjoy reading about them.
Can't wait for the next book, although I'm not at all thrilled it will be the last book in the series!

Good quality, clean fiction that manages to draw the reader in by the strength of the characters and their stories, without having to resort to sex scenes, graphic violence, drug abuse or sci fi / fantasy.
I enjoy the Christian / religious element to these stories, and like how it
Sharon
The continuing saga of the Bailey Flanigan family, as her mom has died, her dad meets someone special, and all the family members move through their day to day lives with many references to God's provision for their family in the many crisis they face. You'll enjoy this series. This is book 3 in a four book series.
Dorothy
It is so fun to read about the spiritual growth of the Baxter family. Also to learn about the power of God in the small things that life throws at you.
Bernadette Fox
Inspiring continuation to the story of the Baxters. Things seemed to really wrap up in this third book. I am anxious to see how the story concludes in book 4.
Rhonda
Karen Kingsbury has done her usual, exceptional job of writing with this book. She manages to spin a story line that keeps the reader on the edge of his/her seat for awhile, then it seems to resolve itself. I am looking forward to her next book to find out what happens to one couple who seemed to be left hanging in this book. I just can't say enough about how much I enjoy Karen's books and the new perspectives they have given me on some controversial issues. They have also helped me to have a be ...more
Swhe641200
8.2014 Duyne and Kathys working on movies miles apart.
Lynette Braun
Another great Karen Kingsbury book. She inspires me and her books draw me closer to God.
Good book to read if you enjoy Christian fiction, which I do. The Baxter family is a big family and you get to see each of the family members going through different challenges in their lives and see how they resolve them based on their faith in God and belief that God has good plans for them and can do miracles. It's a good reminder to go to God about everything I face in my own life and to be still and know that God has a plan for me, to have faith and ask for miracles. Very positive and uplif ...more
Sheila
A good read showcasing the struggles of the characters particularly with their marriages- issues arising from misunderstanding and infidelity particularly with Luke and Reagan as well as Katy and Dayne. Made me realise how weak humans can be without God and how central He is to everything in life...and how much He wants to teach and guide us if we'll just be still in listen. While there were painful moments in the book the ending was a satisfying one with most of the characters finally attaining ...more
Jess
Today I read the second to last book in Karen Kinsbury's 14 book series about the Baxter family. The storylines in Someday are a great reminder that everything happens for a reason; even the most tragic and heart-wrenching events in our lives can bring about miracles. It's also a reminder that even when God doesn't seem to answer our prayers the way that we ask or want Him to, He is listening and will answer them in the way that is best for us.
Darcee
Again, what a great story! I loved the story with Dayne and Luke...so spicy! Poor Katy though, I don’t know how she hung in there through all the drama.

I just love the happy ending and the message of how important family truly is regardless of the stage of life we’re experiencing. What a great blessing! But, she does a great job of making it very realistic. The Baxter family is by no means perfect, but they try their best!
Kelly Brown
Another Baxter family goodie! Someday made the Baxter family even more believable to me. They aren't perfect! This family dealt with many hard issues in this book, ones that happen to real families all the time. Infidelity, trust issues, and life after loss were some of them. The family house caught fire, a sister was moving, and a widowed father gets engaged. It was a rather heart wrenching read, but oh so good.
Jez
I listenned to the audio of this book. Having just read the "Above the Line" series, it was interesting to step back and hear about some of the same characters at an earlier time in their lives. I was somewhat disappointed by some of the tone and nuances of the reader of this book, but not disappointed enough to stop listening. Am looking forward to reading the next book in the series about the Baxters.
Meadow
This book was a wonderful part of the Sunrise Series. It wasn't as good as the second one, but a close runner-up.
The feelings and emotions in this series really grab at you. I very distraught when Dayne couldn't get through to tell Katie about the pictures. I'm hoping Cody stays a strong christian, finishes the military, and marries Bailey.
The plot was good, can't wait to read the next one!
Sara
Wow. Truly, if you are a woman looking for fiction that is wholesome, thought-provoking and centered on God, start with her Redemption series and follow the journey of the Baxter family. From romance to betrayal, illness to healing, life to death, these series cover it all. It has been more than worth it to read all three series linked to this family. Just one book left, I can't believe it!
Cindy
Another great book in the heartwarming Baxter series. This book felt more like a bridge between books with continuations from the last book and hints for the next. The main focus on this book was again Dayne & Katy and Ashley & Landon. There was also quite a bit on the struggling relationship between Luke and Reagen. A wonderful book that left me excited to move onto the next.
  • Dawn's Light (Restoration, #4)
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
  • The Guardian (O'Malley #2)
  • The Brethren (Annie's People, #3)
  • Just Above a Whisper (Tucker Mills, #2)
  • The Pursuit (The English Garden, #4)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1
More about Karen Kingsbury...

Sunrise (4 books)
  • Sunrise (Sunrise, #1)
  • Summer (Sunrise, #2)
  • Sunset (Sunrise, #4)
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)

“God is at work, even in our storms.” 1 likes