Lonely Planet Seoul

Lonely Planet Seoul (Lonely Planet City Guide)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Discover Seoul

Find out how eating with chopsticks made of metal can prevent assassination
Learn the secret to navigating Seoul streets - be the only traveler in town who isn't lost!
Check the dress code for a daytrip to one of the weirdest places on earth, the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea
Shop 24 hours a day at the raucous Namdaemun Market

In This Guide:

Wee...more
Paperback, City Lights, Nature Hikes & Village Delights, 228 pages
Published September 1st 1999 by Lonely Planet (first published May 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Lonely Planet Seoul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Planet Seoul

Adam
Aug 31, 2010 Adam rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hagwon Teachers, Seoul Travelers
Shelves: guidebook, korea, travel
As a companion to living in Seoul for a year this book proved to be invaluable! The customs, food and background sections are interesting, yes, but they couldn't stand up to actually learning about these subjects through experience.

However, the Seoul City Guide did manage to get me up and out of the apartment whenever I had a chance! From mountain climbing to amusement park-ing, this LP covered Seoul in its entirety. After a year of trying out it's recommend adventures, I feel like I have truly...more
Maria
overall it was very useful. would've been nice if it had more korean characters, particularly on the subway map. i felt it could've gone a bit more in depth on the food section and good neighborhoods to go for it (gangnam has good food mmmm). Also, there are some cool neighborhoods with great art scenes that I thought would've been good to include in the book (samcheondong). also would've liked for some recommendations for places to take good night shots.

not bad to take if you want to look arou...more
Anila Tavisha
I read this book as my reference before traveling to South Korea. This book offer us complete information about Seoul. Attraction, restaurant, weather in Seoul, coffee shop, event per month, etc.

I bring this while traveling to Seoul, this book is my highly recommendation to be your accompany during your trip.

And Lonely Planet always gives us their best information about country, right?
:D
Sori
Some of the directions were insanely wrong, and I got lost a few times. And a lot of the restaurants listed were no longer in business. Not really the guide's fault, but when you're hungry, hot, and pissed that you're lost again, you have to blame someone.
Wei Yee
As someone who will be studying abroad in Seoul, the book gave some wonderful insight on the various neighborhoods in the city. I really appreciate Lonely Planet for highlighting some cheaper and free activities to do!
Karyn
We were in Seoul for 10 days and this book was amazingly helpful with subway exit info, restaurant suggestions, walking tours, helpful phrases and more. We referenced it many times and appreciated having it.
Erica
This guidebook was actually quite useless. I'll probably never buy lonely planet again. It literally directed us to an opium den...
Anja
Anja is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2014
Diego
Diego added it
Aug 27, 2014
Jubo
Jubo marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Beer
Beer marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Sanne
Sanne added it
Jun 22, 2014
Yessica
Yessica marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Truong Tran
Truong Tran marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Haven
Haven added it
May 28, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Jojo
Jojo marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Alice
Alice added it
Jun 06, 2014
Intan Safitri
Intan Safitri marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Taiwan Korea Lonely Planet Travel Survival Kit: China Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Mimesis and the Human Animal: On the Biogenetic Foundations of Literary Representation