Start by marking “Divine Deception (Love Notes, #7)” as Want to Read:
Divine Deception (Love Notes, #7)

Divine Deception (Love Notes, #7)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  1,059 ratings  ·  96 reviews
Mistreated, disheartened, and trapped, Fallon Ashby unexpectedly found the chance of swift deliverance at the hand of a wealthy landowner. The mysterious deliverer offered Fallon escape from unendurable circumstances. Thus, Fallon chose to marry Trader Donavon, a man who concealed his face within the dark shadows of an ominous black hood—a man who unknowingly held her hear ...more
Published October 14th 2007 by Granite Publishing & Distribution, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Divine Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine Deception

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëPersuasion by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie MeyerElla Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
CLEAN Romance Books
420th out of 1,806 books — 1,609 voters
Edenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonBlackmoore by Julianne DonaldsonSeeking Persephone by Sarah M. EdenDrops of Gold by Sarah M. EdenThe List by Melanie Jacobson
LDS Romance
118th out of 292 books — 199 voters

More lists with this book...

Zoe and the Edge
Sorry for the incoherency. I was kind of in the mood for some Ms. McClure, but she mainly writes silly, predictable and stereotypical romances. They always start badly for me and then get better. Here's my thoughts.

What a loony heroine.
She thinks she's in love with a man she doesn't know and has never seen.
Why do these heroines have to fall in love with dudes they don't even know?
She's a hysterical heroine.
She's always crying.
I like how she keeps shoving her husband.
Trader is childishly obs
Kathy
It’s pretty obvious that I am a big McClure fan, I love her books. They’re a fun escape. She’s written around fifty books, that’s pretty amazing! There are some that are my favorites, but out of that many books these bound to be at least one that I don’t like as much. I hate to say it, but Divine Deception is not a favorite of mine. It’s still a fun read and I’ve even read it a few different times, so it’s a good book. It’s just falls in to the bottom of my favorite McClure books.

Fallon is sent
Chelsea Raadgep
Kathryn
Melissa
Kristen
3/12/13 - Read it again in one sitting. Ah, McClure books. They make me happy.

7/28/12 - That's how I like my cowboys! Rough, tough, passionate and handsome. Wow, another great one. I cannot get enough of this author...

Moral Note: Some mild abuse, passionate kisses.
Kristina
Rating: 3.5 stars.

A Beauty and the Beast re-telling in a historical western setting. It was clean and entertaining, like all of Marcia Lynn McClure's books.
What made this book a little less believable for me was how quickly Fallon fell in love with Trader who's face she had never seen and the way the hood which covered his face was described. He was able to kiss her with the hood on, yet she never caught a glimpse of his features.

There were some sweet, tender moments between Fallon and Trader,
Annalisa
Love notes collection Book 7. Another stellar book by Marcia Lynn McClure - the wording on the cover aptly describes my feeling for this book "Never a greater tale told...More magnificent than gold...Is Beauty's Beloved Beast of old"

Amazon Product Description:
Fallon Ashby had been intrigued by Trader Donavon, the wealthy land-owner, since the very first day she saw him and heard rumors about him. He was horribly misshapen, or so everyone whispered.

Fallon inwardly admitted that she had dreamed of
Kathy Jo
3 Stars

After Fallon's father passes away and her mother falls ill, she is sent to live with her Uncle Charles. He is not the person everyone thought he was. He is an abusive drunk who gambles too much.

Trader Donovan is their landlord and is getting sick and tired of everything Charles does. When Trader is caught in a storm, the only place he can find to stay the night is with Fallon and Charles. Charles wakes up to find Fallon and Trader in a "compromising" position and demands that he marries
Christy Johnson
These are some of the books that pull me through the winter blues. Another classic clean romance from Marcia. This is one of my favorites of hers and I think I've read it at least 4 times. In this story Fallon is suffering at the hands of her merciless abusive uncle and Trader Donovan is the mysteriously cloaked enormous figure who holds the mortgage on the property. Fallon manages to be saved from her uncles clutches but only through an odd turn of events that propriety demands she marries Trad ...more
McKenzie
Jul 23, 2008 McKenzie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: who loves reading love stories
i didn't like this book AS much as i did her other ones. but it was a good book. it's kind of like a beauty and the beast kind of thing. but not totally and exactly that tale, but it was a good book through and through.
JaNeen
This book is an enjoyable quick read. I couldn't read fast enough to find out what Trader was hiding under that hood! Divine Deception proves that it isn't looks that make you beautiful to someone, it is and always will be the greatness of a spirit and quality of character that make you beautiful.
Emily
Oct 24, 2013 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Emily by: I'm a fan of McClure's books
No surprise that I'm a huge McClure fan, and most of her books easily make it on my "favorites" shelf. This book, however, may just be my favorite McClure book yet.

I absolutely loved, loved, loved this story.
Alysia
Great short little read. She jumped right into the meat of the story, and I liked that most of the book was spent on a marriage relationship, which was kindof different.
Katie
This is a very good romance book.. I read it in a couple of hours it is very small but very good.
LadyCalico
I always enjoy Marcia McClure's little romances, but this was not one of my favorites. There were just too many implausibilities which detracted a lot from my enjoyment of the book, plus the whole hoodie-thingee just didn't work for me. There seems to be gaps in the story that needed filling-in and several times I backtracked to see if I might have accidentally skipped some pages. Then there was the question of why the uncle was so different than the person Fallon's father remembered--the questi ...more
Connie
Once again, I stayed up way too late because I couldn’t put Marcia's book down. It was just too much fun!
I don't think there were any swear words in this novel, but the 2-3 kisses that were described were awesome – though definitely for 17 & up :) And as usual, there are a few violent scenes – broken bones, bullet wounds, cuts & bruises.

Fallon lives with her drunk, no good uncle who is a land tenant of Trader's. The book's setting is a few years after the civil war has ended. Fallon has
Jennybug
Amy
Okay I have to say that I've become a little obsessed with this woman's books. It's not that they are great literature or even very original, but reading them makes me smile. They are clean and there is a lot of kissing (which I like). I've read many of her books now and they are very similar in characters and plot, but just fun reads for me. The romance is cheesy, and there are editorial errors that bug me, but for some reason I want to read them all. So if you are in the mood for a clean, fun, ...more
Emily
A little dramatic, but you can't beat a good love story. :)
One of my favorites from this author...
Courtney
I absolutely love everything that Marcia Lynn McClure writes! She is so talented in creating dynamic characters and passionate love stories!! That being said, Divine Dececption was great but not one of my favorites!! I LOVED Trader!! What an amazing man! He was so myserious with the way he kept his face hidden behind a hid worried about his disfigurement. I was just as curious as Fallon to discover the sweet, sexy man hidden behind the hood!! If you are a Marcia Lynn MClure fan then you must rea ...more
adelina.
I love the cover. The cover is awesome.
Story? Well, not that much.

I mean the book is not that bad, but it had so much potential. The lead characters were good and could get even better, but that just didn't happened plus the secret of the hood is just funny.

Give or take, this book was well three stars, maybe even two stars, but only because I saw big potential in characters I'll give it 3.

Oh, not to forget writing style was just bleh, I just don't like everything happening fast and ruining every
Toni Pugmire
Very rewarding experience.

Just as spell binding and captivating as the others I have read by this author. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading another.

Judy
Good quick read. Hours later I am still laughing at the part where Fallon is imagining what it would be like to have children with Trader. It was just so hilarious that she was imagining a bunch of hooded children running around, since that is all that she had seen of Trader's head. Usually people imagine their loved one's features being present in their children's faces but she could only picture the hoods. So funny!
Mandy
I grabbed this pocket sized book to take to the gym with me to get through the eliptical-- Dicken's doesn't pass the time very quickly. That was the fastest workout I have ever had and then I came home and finished it in two hours. Such great fluff, which everyone needs once in a while. I love angst leading up to a relationship and this was the perfect ammount. If you ever want a quick feel good book this is a good one.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I liked the characters and plot. Not one of my favorites, but still good. I wish the heroine had a little more backbone in spots. The lust in this one was a little stronger than I'm used to in her novels, probably because the couple was married. It seemed more like a mainstream romance because of that. It has one of my favorite covers of her books. This is one of McClure's slightly shorter novels.
Rebecca
Again, I loved that the author can make a great chemistry filled romance, without any sex scenes! I do think the lead characters were a little overly dramatic at times, though. Eye-roll.
Aimee
I was hooked from the beginning. I can't resist a hoooded/masked hero, and neither could Fallon. This was a brief read, and the ending was perfect, even though it leaves you wanting more. Fallon is very young (18 years old for most of the story), and she behaves childish at times. Trader, however, is the strong, silent, somewhat brooding hero whose behavior is beyond reproach.
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • Before the Dawn
  • The Commander's Desire
  • Jayhawk
  • Towers of Brierley
  • Montana Summer
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch #1)
  • The Widower's Wife
  • Hearts Through Time
  • Captive Heart
  • Within the Dark Hills
  • Illuminations of the Heart
  • Borrowed Light (Borrowed Light #1)
  • A Lascivious Lady (Wedded Women Quartet, #3)
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...
The Highwayman of Tanglewood The Visions of Ransom Lake A Crimson Frost Dusty Britches Shackles of Honor