Start by marking “Skull and Bones” as Want to Read:
Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones (John Silver #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
When infamous 'gentleman of fortune' Captain Flint is captured by the Royal Navy and condemned to hang for mutiny and piracy, it seems that the secret location of his buried treasure will die with him. But Flint has an audacious plan to gain command of ship and crew before they reach London and escape the hangman's noose.

Meanwhile, aboard Flint's former vessel The Walrus,
Published 2011 by Harper (first published May 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Skull and Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skull and Bones

Brent
Feb 18, 2011 Brent rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Historical Fiction Readers
For some reason, I really wanted to read a book about pirates. The cover of Skull and Bones popped out at me while browsing at the library.

The story follows Captain John Silver and his arch-nemesis, Joe Flint. Eventually the two meet again as the story unfolds. Before the meetings, you will read about battles at sea, treachery, hangings, and what it means to be a gentleman in London. The climax of course is a battle with armies and pirates (something I wished would of happened in the third Pirat
Linda Rawlinson
Aug 07, 2011 Linda Rawlinson rated it it was amazing
What a great name for a writer of pirate tales, eh? John Drake. Not that Francis Drake was a pirate (quick look on Wikipedia has just told me that Francis Drake was a privateer, which is not so dissimilar from a pirate!) but I think he knew some things about boats.

I don't know anything about boats, except that they make me feel incredibly sick. But I love how I can follow three whole books chock full of nautical terminology without breaking a sweat or suffering a headache. I don't know how John
Graham
Jan 09, 2013 Graham rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for pirate stories and this final instalment in the Silver and Flint trilogy was a fitting finale. I haven't read Treasure Island for years but am now compelled to get it and refresh my memory.

The concept that John Drake came up with to provide a back story to Treasure Island was brilliant but needed to be carried out meticulously to do justice to the original. In my opinion RLS would be honoured by the works created by John.

The way the story shifts from the Caribbean to Engand and
Kristin
May 27, 2014 Kristin rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this entire book, until the end left me with questions that I know won't get answered. And that makes me sad.
Even so, I loved this trilogy, and recommend it to anyone who's down with a good pirate story.
Barry Peters
Apr 07, 2016 Barry Peters rated it it was amazing
Third of John Drakes Flint and silver books. As I have said before in my reviews of the first two books, an excellent read. loved everything about this and the other two books. J.D has a new fan. Now looking forward to reading his other books.
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Ante Jurković
Ante Jurković marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Linokumiko
Linokumiko marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Victoria Kennedy
Victoria Kennedy marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Saskia
Saskia marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Nicole Oswald
Nicole Oswald marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Chantel James
Chantel James marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
George Potter
George Potter marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Belén
Belén marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Vibeke
Vibeke marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
hunter
hunter marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Brage Strand
Brage Strand marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Alissa
Alissa marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Mike Price
Mike Price marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Brian
Brian added it
Mar 31, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Wayne Robinson
Wayne Robinson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Steve Davis
Steve Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I very happy to say, that my latest book 'Thief Catcher' is now online. This is an eighteenth century mixture of detective drama and military/political threat to the nation - threat of an invasion by Napoleon's army, vastly bigger than the British equivalent, and formidably professional.

It's a spin-off from 'Fletcher's Glorious 1st June' which introduces thief-catcher Sam Slym: the ferociously ef
More about John Drake...