Start by marking “What They Want” as Want to Read:
What They Want

What They Want

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  774 ratings  ·  28 reviews
What They Want by New York Times bestselling author Omar Tyree adds another sexy, scorching novel to his growing list of beloved urban literature.
Successful model Terrance Mitchell had no plans to ever settle down. For what? Being single was freedom, where relationships were binding. Nor did he have any plans for a family, with snotty-nosed kids running around, cramping h
Published June 5th 2007 by Simon & Schuster (first published July 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about What They Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What They Want

Tiffany
I don't know why I keep giving Omar Tyee a chance. Maybe because he's a best selling author and I expect that to mean something, I guess. But this is the last book for me.

"What They Want" is the story of Terrance, a world renowned model. He is cocky, self-centered, and for the most part a down right a-hole. He goes from woman to woman giving them "what they want" which he believes is him and sex basically. His character to me was so unrealistic. It is the most sterotypical portrayal of a black
Shequila Smith
This book was okay, I had to read it on and off because some part where so boring to me. Meaning, It was a book you would already know the ending to. What they want by Omar Tyree is basically about a young model who has a so-called girlfriend who also in the model industry. So, he realize he is getting paid and his girl is still trying to find her way he end up dumping her too play the field. Soon enough his lesson was learned not to treat woman like shit, end up having to be a man and take care ...more
Toni
This I'd not Omar Tyree's best work. The story started out ok, then I started skipping pages because it was boring. Terrance is an ass who thinks he's God's gift to women and thry should do whatever it takes to prove their adoration.
Book Fiend
this is the definition of a hot and steamy book which is obvious just from the cover lol a little too much info at times but still a pretty good read. the man goes through that stage most men go through sleeping with everything with a skirt until comin to the realisation that he can have good sex and a loving relationship and thats were the real troubles begin....
Kinshasa
Fairly decent book. Some parts of it were kind of slow but the parts that weren't were steamy and drama filled. I do feel like the story was a bit drawn out. All of the fluff could have either been eliminated or used to [better] show the main character's growth over time - the way that aspect of the book was handled seemed rushed and somewhat unrealistic.
Shanique
I totally expected something different// I mean after I read the jacket cover I expected this great story of a guy who realizes what he wants in life and works on it. I think that they should have built up the end a lil more. After years of just sexing aroun he's just gonna give that up for a ready made family? I don't think so.
LaTonya
I really enjoyed this book. I was a little unsure about weather I wanted to read the book at first due to all of the mixed reviews, but I'm so glad that I did because it turned out to be a very entertaining read. I'm now definitely looking forward to reading more from Omar Tyree.
Angella
It was a great read ..but I did not like the ending I was hoping he would end up with the start up chick.....but out of left flied came this new chick... I knew nothing about. I didn't get to know her so I didn't feel the love at the end.
Nicole
It was little bit boring at first but when the plot started thinking it began to become juicy and I did kinda guess what was going to happen at the end...But it was good to read a bit long but good
Neha
Ever need a forensics piece to blow away the judges? Some of the members of my team were considering this. Absolutely amazing work. Great job Omar..can't wait till the movie comes out.
Ciara
Story of a fine ass model with a supposedly great life. At least from the outside looking in.

Has some great twist. I practically fell in love with the main character. Great read!
Rose
This is what happens when a man thinks their ambitious sexual fantasies, paired with stereotypical gender roles and lack of plot,or any advanced writing skills, will make a good story.
Krysta
Jessica Terry
I could not put this book down...it made me want to go work on my own books and that's always a sign of a good book for me!
Jessica
Felt like the book just started dragging on. The end was something I didn't except but its was saved the book.
Angel
I loved the ending. glad he stepped up and did what he had to do on the strength of his daughter
Shareka Jackson
I thought it was ok but I predicted how the story would turn out half way through the book
Jesselyn Jackson
About a womanizing man...didn't enjoy this as much as I have some of his other works.
Rei
Jul 27, 2010 Rei rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Recommended to Rei by: I saw it in the book store
omg i could not put down this book.we had a lot of late nights together!!!
Joy
I generally like Omar Tyree's work, but this particular book, not so much.
Chineka Williams
This is a great book. It was excitement with every turn of the page.
Temptingat40
This book was okay a little long in getting to the end
Iasia
if a book can keep my attention. then its worth the read
Shontay Toran
Find out what you want in life and go for it.
Felice
hot read love reading this book.....
chavaye glover
chavaye glover marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
  • Sleeping with Strangers (Gideon, #1)
  • Can't Get Enough
  • The Upper Room
  • Nothing Has Ever Felt Like This
  • I Say a Little Prayer
  • Nappily Married (Nappily, #3)
  • Love Is Never Painless
  • If I Could
  • She Ain't The One
  • Behind Closed Doors
Omar Tyree, a New York Times best-selling author, a 2001 NAACP Image Award recipient for Outstanding Literature in Fiction, and a 2006 Phillis Wheatley Literary Award winner for Body of Work in Urban Fiction, has published 16 books and has sold nearly 2 million copies worldwide that has generated more than $30 million.
With a degree in Print Journalism from Howard University in 1991, Tyree has bee
More about Omar Tyree...
Flyy Girl For the Love of Money A Do Right Man Leslie Just Say No!