Start by marking “The Tide of the Mermaid Tears” as Want to Read:
The Tide of the Mermaid Tears

The Tide of the Mermaid Tears

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  692 ratings  ·  55 reviews
She took two more steps and paused—squeezed her eyes tightly shut andEmber gasped as she looked forward up the shore to see a man struggling in the water. He was coughing—spitting water from his mouth as he crawled from the water and onto the sand. As he collapsed face-down on the shore, Ember lifted her skirt and ran toward the man, dropping to her knees beside h
Published by Distractions Inc. (first published December 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Tide of the Mermaid Tears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tide of the Mermaid Tears

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëPersuasion by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie MeyerElla Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
CLEAN Romance Books
355th out of 1,849 books — 1,659 voters
The Visions of Ransom Lake by Marcia Lynn McClureThe Highwayman of Tanglewood by Marcia Lynn McClureA Crimson Frost by Marcia Lynn McClureKissing Cousins by Marcia Lynn McClureDusty Britches by Marcia Lynn McClure
Marcia McClure Swoon Fest Favorites
34th out of 47 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Another one of Marcia's I've been saving. I own them all...but I only allow myself to read one in-between reading a few other books. I like to SAVOR them:) and try not to think of ever not having one I haven't read yet:).. I read them again and again but there is nothing like reading one of hers for the first time.....AS always I will say....NO ONE WRITES THEM LIKE MARCIA LYN! LOVED it!!!
November 2011: This past month I've re-read all of Marcia's books, and this was the last. I love this story! Ember and Ridge are perfect and I love the supporting characters and stories as well. This is one of those books that I want more of, I hope one day Marcia will write Daisy's story or something so we can return to these characters and the enchanting seaside village!! Love it!

April 2011: This reminded me a little of The Little Mermaid, with a twist. I don't know if that's what the author
It's become apparent that I am obsessed with Marcia's books. Is she putting narcotics on these pages? This is my seventh book of hers this week, and I just can't stop reading. These sweet love stories send my heart all aflutter and put a sighing smile on my face.

The Tide of the Mermaid Tears has all of the classic Marcia elements I love...a bit of mystery, some passionate kissing, those chivalrous men championing the woman they love, sweet laughs, more kissing. (Did I mention the kissing?) The o
10/9/14 - Makes me want to go to the beach and look for shells and other treasures. Love the new cover BTW

7/21/12 - Another great one. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now. I'm getting access to all these McClure books and am loving life. My poor family is going to have to suffer for a couple weeks while I make my way through her books. Then what will I do??? Love her books!!!

Moral Note: Some passionate kisses, innuendos, a couple of "dang"s.
One more heart fluttering romance by the queen of romance:) A fantastic tale of mermaids, mermen and the mysteries of the sea. Each time I read one of Marcia's books I think I have her figured out. I am always wrong. Sometimes I think she must have been a swashbuckler in a previous life. Sometimes I'm sure she is just a cowgirl at heart. Sometimes I'm positvie she's a hip gal of today. With this book, yet again I am sure she lives on the shore, looking for mermaid tears and hanging out with her ...more
Angie Cornelison
I picked up this book and in no time had it read. Marcias books are always full of that Real Romance that makes your heart skip a beat! This is yet another of her beautifully crafted love storys. I love tales of mermaids and merman. The tale of Ridge and Ebony Will leave your heart soring. Now, to look for some mermaid tears.
Katie Watkins
The Tide of Mermaid Tears is a beautiful romance about a girl who finds a man, whom she at first thinks is a merman, on the beach while searching for small pieces of sea glass--mermaid tears. She rescues him and starts to fall for him. Just a typical, wonderful MLM book that left me closing it with a sigh...of contentment.
It took me several tries to start this one, but when I finally did I fell in love with it! I loved the images of the sea and the sweet love story. I do enjoy a clean romance book with a man-ly man and this gave that to me. I only wished in had an epilogue!
So very enjoyable! Love the use of the words "musculature" and "prurient"... NICE! Another great novel MLM!
Stacey Hall
loved this book! It makes me want to go find me some sea glass! An amazing story you will love!!
Ember gasped as she looked forward up the shore to see a man struggling in the water. He was coughing—spitting water from his mouth as he crawled from the water and onto the sand. As he collapsed face-down on the shore, Ember lifted her skirt and ran toward the man, dropping to her knees beside him.
“Sir?” she cried, nudging one broad shoulder. The man was stripped of his shirt—dressed only in a pair of trousers—no shoes…
Ember shook her head, rolling her eyes at her own foolishness.
“Sir?” she cal
Chelsea Raadgep
Marcia Lynn McClure is such an amazing author! It's no wonder why she is my favorite. This e-book was completely amazing from start to finish! It drew me in from the very start. I love how McClure really captures her characters so well. She knows what they think and what they feel. One thing that really blew me away about this book was how Ember still wanted to be living in a fantasy. The love of her life is her very own merman. Her very own son of Neptune! Ridge is such a charming man and I lov ...more
Inspired Kathy
I hope this one gets expanded into a full length printed book. I think this is some of the best writing of all the books I've read by Marcia Lynn McClure. I enjoyed how she wove tales of myths of the sea into her story.
With the completion of Tide of Mermaid Tears I have now read all of Marcia's books. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Windswept Flame and her newest pirate book. I just can't get enough of MLM!
“Tide of the Mermaid Tears” was highly recommended to me by a bookstore clerk. She said if I like ---, then I would probably like Marcia Lynn McClure also. I chose, I read (pretty quickly), and I’m still trying to decide if I can give “Tide…” more than 3 1/2 stars. There were parts I really liked, and parts that I was ho-hum about. (Plus the twist was an easy call for me.)

I liked the story premise: young woman walking on the beach finds a handsome, yet near drowned man that has washed up on the
Jan 16, 2014 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Emily by: Marcia Lynn McClure website
"Every love begins with two strangers...."

This was a wonderful read. Loved it.
Loved it. Loved it. Loved it! Marcia did an amazing job of weaving merfolk and tales of the sea into this story. I enjoyed the relationship of the hero and heroine. I like that one of the ways they showed their love was by preserving their virtue. Ridge is one of my favorite heros Marcia has created.
Such a cute book, I love books that have to do with mermaids, and romance of any kind!!! This book was awesome!!
I wish I had a merman to put in a big bottle. *Sigh*
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It made me sigh and smile a lot. After reading this book, I wanted to go to the coast and search for mermaid tears.
This was a fun book. I didn't know what to expect with this book, I was not disapointed, and I am always excited when there is a little adventure type action involved in the books along with the love story.
Michelle Nieves
This is the 4th book by this author that I have read and I have thoroughly enjoyed each one. Good, clean romance; conflicts resolved; some adventure; lots of elements that make for a good read.
I read this book as an e-book and am so happy that's it out in print now. It is such a good book. A clean and easy read!
Such a cute story. I love the way MLM can make you laugh, cry and sigh all in the same story.
Sandie Mixa
I enjoyed the unique setting, the legends, the parents' relationship. Great read.
Lisa Christiansen
I loved it! Marcia is an amazing writer.
The Tide of the Mermaid Tears by Marcia Lynn McClure
A romance book that involves the sea, mermaids, mermans and mermaid tears. Ember Taffee is always searching for treasures along the seashore. She is always interested in mermaid's tears which are pieces of glass that have been washed up from the sea. One day she finds a man who has been washed up from the sea. She takes him home where she lives with her mother and sister. Ember's father, Mariner Taffee, had been lost at sea 15 years ago.
When I read novels, very rarely is the genre strictly Romance. I tend to go for the fair mixture of urban-fantasy, sci-fi, or adventure mixed in with it. Romance is an after-thought, not the focus of the story. More recently, however, I have been checking out some more novels within this genre. Because the books are, quite honestly, humourous. They're short and quick reads and I am often laughing at the descriptions and characters... even though that's not the intent at all. Some Romance is done ...more
Heartwarming, clean romance like the disney story of Little mermaid, but reverse roles.
Ember Taffee loved to search for treasures on the the sea shore ever since her father instilled this love. One day she found a treasure that she couldn't fit in a bottle on the mantle of her seaside mantle...a man. At first her mind imagined he was a merman, but he wasn't just a exceptionally handsome man dressed only in trousers and barely hanging onto life. Her and her sister, Lily and her mother Tempest hel
Some of Marcia Lynn McClure's books (like Weathered too Young) are more complex, while others are fairly straightforward, like this one.

The Tide of the Mermaid Tears has a fairy tale quality, but is very much couched in real life, accompanied by tales and legends of the sea.

Ember (19) lives by the sea with her mother and sister and loves to walk along the shore collecting the objects washed in by the tide. One day she finds a man, who has been battered by the sea and has barely made it ashore.

There aren't any mermaids or mermen in this book, but it was fun to have the main characters think about them since this family lives on the beach. Plus I do enjoy reading a bit of mythology here and there since Rick Riordan brought all of these Greek, Roman, and Egyptian mythological creatures back into the 21st century.

The main theme that keeps coming back to me is how calm the book was. The main character, Ember, enjoys taking walks along the beach, Lily, her sister, paints portraits, and the
Just what I needed! Quick, fun, romance, a touch of mythology and magic, don't have to think about it - and yes with all that comes a little bit of cheesiness. I enjoyed it.
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • Jayhawk
  • Hearts Through Time
  • The Commander's Desire
  • Illuminations of the Heart (Poitevin Hearts, #2)
  • Under a Georgia Moon
  • I Belong With You (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #2)
  • The Reluctant Bachelorette
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch #1)
  • The Promise (The Lady Quill Chronicles, #1)
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • The Knight of Redmond
  • My Loving Vigil Keeping
  • The Heart's Warrior (Medieval Romance Trilogy #1)
  • What the Doctor Ordered
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...
The Highwayman of Tanglewood The Visions of Ransom Lake A Crimson Frost Dusty Britches Shackles of Honor