Start by marking “Recipe for Love (Cattle Valley, #15)” as Want to Read:
Recipe for Love (Cattle Valley, #15)

Recipe for Love (Cattle Valley #15)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  889 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Book fifteen in the Cattle Valley Series

After years of living in fear, Jay De Luca has finally found a safe haven in Cattle Valley. Although he's beginning to open up around his friends, he's far from ready to get involved in another relationship. When handsome, Erico Morrelli tries to hire him away from a job he loves, Jay declines the restaurateur's offer, afraid of spen

Published February 15th 2010 by Total-E-Bound (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Recipe for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recipe for Love

Shelley
I'mma keep this short and sweet: This book is that awkward moment where I could not find one single, solitary fuck to give about either of the MC's and was instead more interested in a side character.

This is probably what I get for reading out of order LOL.

Whatever. I didn't like Enrico. I didn't care much for Jay and I really only give a damn about Ethan.

*goes to look for Ethan's book*
Elisa Rolle
This is probably one of the stories I was waiting most of all, I have a soft spot for girly looking guys, above all when it’s clear that, behind the fragile look, there is a strength that few men can demonstrate.

Jay is the favourite of all the inhabitants of Cattle Valley: he is young and innocent looking, and everyone wants to protect him. But no one wants to be his lover, maybe since they are scared to hurt him, or maybe since Jay is not exactly butch looking, and you need to like the waif st
Tj
Jan 01, 2015 Tj rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
A fun read overall. I've really enjoyed the Calley Valley series. I like that the author often puts relationships that can be outside the "norm". An older man with heart trouble with a 20 year old that is a bit "feminine" is not a couple most would approve. This couple works around their "reputations" in the community and their own troubled backgrounds to come together. My major concern with the story was that Jay had a sudden turnaround. It just seemed like the reasons for him deciding that the ...more
Rossy
Mar 19, 2010 Rossy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: CV/Lynne fans
Recommended to Rossy by: series continuation
One thing i love about Carol's stories is that we don't dwell on the hardships the heroes or heroines have experienced in the past. While it's in no way ignored and even addressed at times, she concentrates on showing the characters willingness to move forward. I like that the books are light and not full with angst, though i do wish they were a bit longer. I keep feeling like there should be more to read about the characters, which really has more to do with my preference for longer novels.
Betryal
Karen K
**3.5-4 stars**
Before I read this there was no way I'd have ever said I liked Erico, but by the middle of the book, I can honestly say he was bearable and then even turned to likeable. I loved Jay from the first appearance he ever made and I really wouldn't have pictured him with the cocky restaurant owner, but in the end they seemed like a pretty sweet couple.
Brenda (b)
This installment of the Cattle Valley series brought Erico and Jay together. I really enjoyed the story, but when I reached the end I felt as though it shouldn't be over yet. There were some things I thought needed to be resolved between them to solidify their relationship.
Lena Grey
'Recipe for Love' by Carol Lynne was intense, sensual, and poignant. It's Jay's story. A recluse, even in Cattle Valley. Jay's had enough. He decided to pursue a relationship which was tenuous at best, with Erico, the town's player. I felt a great deal empathy for Jay as his story was told. I knew it would be sad, but it was much sadder than I imagined. I gained a new respect for this young, brave person as she struggled to hold her own and be herself against all odds.

I also gained a new respec
Riayl
So...I liked Erico. Jay was so-so. Ethan I didn't like at all. I had long drawn out rants about this book, written in my mind, but now a few days have passed and I'm just not sure I care anymore. But I'll try.

Having only picked up a book or two previously in this series, I have no idea how the characters were portrayed in other books. But I wasn't really getting the vibe that Erico had ever been an asshole, just that he didn't do relationships, only hook-ups. Most everyone seemed to like him, so
Serena Yates
Another really nice book in this wonderful series. It was great to finally find out what makes the enigmatic Erico tick - and to see the very shy Jay unthaw a little.

Seeing these two figure out their relationship was doubly interesting because at first glance my reaction was - no way! But Carol manages to describe their developing feelings in a very warm and utterly believable way. I really liked this volume and hope this series will continue for a long time to come!
Donna
Jay is such a sweet young man who has been through more then he should, but finally everything is looking up for him in Cattle Valley. This was such a sweet read. Poor Erico and his previous
relationships seem to be playing a huge part in what everyone sees instead of how he is changing, and the love between these 2 is wonderful
Jaime
I'll get nailed by a few of my reader friends for not reading in order, but meh. It was worth it!

By page nine of this book, I knew. Jay is something special; that perfect blend of vulnerable and stubborn that draws me completely into a character's orbit. He had a back story I knew I had to go back in the Cattle Valley series to read about. Erico's attraction to him had my sympathy. Watching him try to resist his growing need was almost as painful to me as it was for him! I felt their pain, and t
Miralinda
4 звезды за Джея, люблю андрогинов. Эрико совершенно не впечатлил, 2 раза был секс и оба раза сердечный приступ(( Джей утверждает, что любит жесткий секс, но я его не увидела совсем, только жалость, что Джею достался такой партнер
Eyre
I've waited a long, long time for Jay's story, and I did enjoy it. I love how Lynne shows us a side of Jay that I never would have imagined.

At one point, Jay's friend Ethan looks at him and says, "You really are two people trapped inside one body, aren't you?" Jay responds, "No, I'm one person who people only have understand." I absolutely love those lines! I also enjoyed the way that the author did not make Jay out to be a victim throughout the entire story. Instead, she showed his actual stre
H.A.
A painfully shy young man and a playboy. While you would expect the roles these characters play to give you a certain idea of how the story plays out, you would be wrong. Though Jay is young, he's dealt with a lot and knows what he want. Erico never thought he could fall in love, wouldn't allow himself to, so watching the journey these two take together is a wonderful ride. Erico'shealth problems adds depth to the story and brings out the truth about how they feel, fears, and what they want. I t ...more
Vicki Thompson
I love Jay but I'm not sure Eric deserves him! Good story though!
Melissa
Jay is my favorite character but I really felt bad for Erico in this one. He has his own issues but the townspeople don't see that, they just see the playboy that they keep warning Jay off of. Erico has true and honest feelings for Jay but how does he convince him and the townspeople of that...

There were several bumps in the road to get over but I really thought these two made a good couple and brought out the best in each other. The scene at the ball at the end of the book was one of my favori
Dylan St. Jaymes

This is probably what I get for reading out of order LOL.

*goes to look for Ethan's book*
Danae
I simply adore Jay!!! He's such a sweetheart and one of my very favorite characters. Erico sure had to work hard to overcome the reputation he built for himself, but they are so perfect together.

***As you'll have noticed, I don't really write "reviews", just my own rambling thoughts and impressions. (I've decided to include this on all "reviews" just so people know. Maybe I should put it at the top?)***
Shelby P
This book had a different vibe than the others to me. Could it be because it had a sound plot? I didn't think I'd like Erico and his manwhoring ways but he was a sympathetic character. I was surprised by Jay as well.

Although Jay has suffered abuse in the past, I'm glad he wasn't abused in this story. I also liked how he stood up to Erico. My expectations were surpassed with this story!
Amber
When I read this one I kept picturing jay as Chris Crocker from youtube (Leave britney spears alone)
I really enjoyed this book though it was kind of weird having CC in my head the whole time lol
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Sweet story, Jay was great, I really liked him, and I think Enrico is good for him.
It also showed that reputations or impressions people have of you can follow you for quite a while.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
It took me a long time to warm up to Erico. Might have happened sooner but the way he treated Ethan really made it hard to like him. By the end he was ok and I don’t hate him as much.
Recipe for Love is an enjoyable story. I have not read any of the other books in the Cattle Valley series, but I will have to now.
Traci
Jul 18, 2013 Traci rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I liked Erico and Jay. Something about Jay, I am glad we saw another view of Erico. Moving on to the next...
Shierra
4.5 . Great story and beautiful couple. Too short! I want more of this couple
Leaundra
Another keeper, Carol!!
Lisa
I enjoyed this book.
  • Only For Him (Only Forever, #2)
  • Jesse
  • Squire (Indigo Knights, #1)
  • Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #1)
  • Duncan's World
  • Rush in the Dark (Common Powers, #2)
  • Touch Me Gently
  • Seven Year Ache
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • From Afar
  • The Carpenter and the Fairy
  • Knowing Caleb (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #5)
  • His Convenient Husband (Innamorati, #1)
  • Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1)
  • My Father's Lover
  • Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)
  • Gay Divorcee (G-A-Y #5)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

Cattle Valley (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1)
  • Cattle Valley Mistletoe (Cattle Valley, #2)
  • Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3)
  • Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4)
  • Physical Therapy (Cattle Valley, #5)
  • Out of the Shadow (Cattle Valley, #6)
  • Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7)
  • The Sound of White  (Cattle Valley, #8)
  • Gone Surfin' (Cattle Valley, #9)
  • The Last Bouquet (Cattle Valley, #10)
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)