Start by marking “Eastern Europe since 1945” as Want to Read:
Eastern Europe since 1945

Eastern Europe since 1945

2.78 of 5 stars 2.78  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  1 review
This essential text has been fully revised, updated and expandedto take account of new material and events since the publication of thethird edition. The last chapters focus on theinclusion of most of the Eastern European states into the EU and thebook nowalso features more tables, maps and Further Reading. ...more
Published November 15th 2009 by Palgrave Macmillan (first published April 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Eastern Europe since 1945, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eastern Europe since 1945

Daniel Hammer
I used this book as a text for a class on Eastern Europe. My aim is not to teach straight history, but to teach themes of life which have both historical and contemporary importance. Students, however, generally want, and sometimes need, a text that helps them put everything in order and to get their contexts clear. This was the reason I chose this book.
Unfortunately, I doubt that I would use it again. Swain & Swain's book is wonderfully organized. Each chapter focuses on a period of time li
Georgie
Georgie is currently reading it
May 22, 2015
Efi
Efi marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
David
David added it
Sep 02, 2012
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012
Bryan
Bryan marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2012
May 14, 2009
Jamie
Jamie added it
Aug 22, 2007
Trotsky Russia's Civil War Tito: A Biography Between Stalin and Hitler: Class War and Race War on the Dvina, 1940-46 Trotsky and the Russian Revolution (Seminar Studies)