All The Right Reasons (Damaged Heroes, Book 3)

All The Right Reasons (Damaged Heroes #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  209 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Can love heal all wounds? Lucas Mitchell returned from Iraq a bitter, changed man, wracked with guilt over his friend's death. He buys an old mansion and deals with his injuries and grief by restoring his new home and rehabilitating retired racehorses. Joy Kovacs falls in love with Lucas at first sight. Descended from gypsies who are still influenced by the lingering effec...more
Published May 12th 2009 by Siren Publishing (first published May 2009)

To ask other readers questions about All The Right Reasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All The Right Reasons

Jeanie
Nov 28, 2009 Jeanie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeanie by: Sandy James
Shelves: first-reads
I just finished this last night and have so say I thouroughly enjoyed the characters of Lucas and Joy. They both were searching to "find" themselves in a way and escape their realities. I loved Joy's Gypsy background and strong sense of Family. When she sets eyes on Lucas, she knows he will be the ONE some day. With her Gypsy family Issues and Lucas' issues from Iraq they end up complimenting each other and helping to hear.
I LOVED it!
Thanks for making me a FIRST READ winner!
Val Pearson
Jun 26, 2009 Val Pearson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!!
Lucas Mitchell was a complex character who had emotionally given up after losing his buddy on his tour in Iraq. Joy was the woman that could save him when no one else could. The relationship between Lucas and Joy was one unlike any I have read so far. Being a Gypsy, Joy could sense what Lucas needed. In subtle ways, Lucas would be able to sense what Joy wanted and needed. To add to this intriguing plot line, the Romungro culture is steeped in tradition and Joy's family would not let Lucas join t...more
Kayla
Jan 06, 2010 Kayla added it
All The Right Reasons is Sandy James' 3rd book in her Damaged Heros series. The book tells the story of a man named Lucas who comes home from fighting in Iraq. The war has changed Lucas though. He comes home from fighting bitter and guilty over his friend's death in Iraq. In order to deal with his pain, Lucas decides to buy an old mansion and fix it up, as well as fix up a few retired racehorses.

Now, what girl doesn't fall for a broken man? We all want to be the one who fixes them, right? Well,...more
K.A. Jordan
This book hit all my 'goodie' buttons. A gypsy girl, a wounded warrior, horses, a big old house and a disfunctional family! The conflict that Joy feels as she falls in love with an 'outsider' felt real to me.

The icing was the fact that it's a well-written book, with few typos or formatting glitches. I like that the love scenes weren't graphic - and the characters had feelings for each other long before they ended up in the bedroom.

While this book is the third in the series, it stands alone very...more
Judith
One of those wonderful tales that grabs your heart strings and won't let go. A very damaged Iraq veteran encounters a petite and winsome Gypsy named Joy, an artist who is "drawn" to an old Victorian mansion, one that is a reminder of the Money Pit kind of house. Their story is one of healing, of coming to terms with one's own destiny, about dealing with the claims others have on one's life, one the power of love to make someone whole. It is a wonderful love story but there is so much going on in...more
Faith
This was great read. Not only did it have the heart felt, romantic, sexual attraction between the hero and heroine. It dove into issues like PTSD, Survivors remorse, and racial preference in a couple. Joy is a great heroine smart and feisty and i loved Lucas bc he was just amount of badass but not an alpha to the point of being a dick- I loved how he chose to win her family over respectfully:) I could so relate
Melindeeloo
I liked this a lot, this was mostly sweet (but still had a touch of steam) Joy was just the right person to help to heal the damaged Lucas. I loved both of these characters, and didn't mind the gentle pace of the story. This is actually book 3 (I think) and even thought there was a sense that several of the other pairs in the supporting cast had a story, it was no problem to start here.
riN
Siren-BookStrand celebrates the publication of their 700th title by giving Sandy James' spectacular, award-winning ALL THE RIGHT REASONS [Damaged Heroes 3] as a FREE E-BOOK download!

Here the link:

(you'll have to create an account to order the ebook)

TJ
Good book. Loved the unconventional heroine! She was a perfect march for a wounded hero! There isn't much history about gypsies and there were some enlightening moments within the story.

Rita
This book was a slow starter and I was not sure I would finish it. I did however and I'm glad because I learned some interesting things about the Gypsy culture.
Marcie Oropeza
What a sweet book! I learned quite a bit about Hungarian gypsy customs, certain types of horse racing and it had a great ending! What more could you ask for?
Charnel
A really good read. I'm excited about reading book 1 & 2 in the series. The characters drew me in from the very beginning.
Mildred Bromberg
I enjoyed this book. Not only is it a love story, but it has something to say about the young men returning from Iraq.
Donna
All I am going to say about this one is that it is a great read. I enjoyed it tremendously.
Sharon Morris Marks
I loved this book. the characters were believeable and had you laughing with them and crying too.
Barbara
An intriguing look at internal turmoil and outside pressures.
Diana
Terrible almost 1300 pages of nothing.
Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
Mya brown
4.5 really kinda long
Kim Mcjunkins
Wow what a great story!
LynnMarie
Lena’s Review

Lucas Mitchell is back, but he’s a different person. When he left years ago he was a young man anxious to travel and fight for his country. Yet, like all wars, it changes a person—in Lucas’s case dramatically. Now back in the States, he is trying to lead a normal life. What he doesn’t need is a woman like Joy Kovacs turning his life upside down. Something about Joy makes him want to be alive again but his past comes back to haunt him. As a soldier he knows how to maintain control b...more
Goddess
I didn't finish reading the book.

However, going by what this author has previously written I can see she doesn't write the type of fiction I prefer. There were so many cringe-worthy moments that you will gag. The heroine, Joy, speaks to the elements (she's a gypsy so of course it's normal - all said with a straight face).
And of course, she goes about making blithe and utterly insouciant comments regarding her wind communicating prowess so that we have "the wind told me you are my love" type of...more
Jen_C
Former military man with PTSD & scars now involved with horse racing and an artist/gypsy who's family won't accept him because he is not one of their people. The romance was great but the rest of the story was boringly detailed about her culture and the horse cart racing stuff to me. Hated the language too.
Kelly Fitzpatrick
Enjoyed this book a great deal. Well written. Romantic.
Rachel
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*free on ARE
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • Not His Type (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Heart Robber (Lifestyle by Design, #2)
  • Light This Candle
  • Bad Vibes (The Edge of Texas #3)
  • Heartbreaker
  • Love is in the Air (A McCray Romance Collection)
  • Text Me (Text Me, #1)
  • Jake (California Dreamy, #1)
  • Meagan's Marine (Halos & Horns, #3)
  • Two Weeks with a SEAL (Wakefield Romance, #1)
  • Icy Heat (Heat Series)
  • More Than a Promise (Second Gift Series #2)
  • SEAL Under Covers (SEAL Brotherhood #3)
  • Broken Wings
  • Be With You (Loneliness, #3)
  • Hell or High Water (Lost and Found, Inc., #1)
Sandy lives in a quiet suburb of Indianapolis with her husband of thirty years and is a high school social studies teacher. She and her husband own a small stable of harness racehorses and enjoy spending time at the two Indiana racetracks.

She is published through Forever Yours, Carina Press, and BookStrand, as well as self-published. She has been an Amazon Bestseller many times and has won numerou...more
More about Sandy James...
Saving Grace Rules of the Game The Reluctant Amazon (Alliance of the Amazons, #1) Turning Thirty-Twelve Murphy's Law (Damaged Heroes, #1)