Start by marking “A Deadly Encounter” as Want to Read:
A Deadly Encounter

A Deadly Encounter

Dezi Gianni is a very much a man used to getting what he wants. Kayla DeWitt, the beautiful woman dining in the restaurant where he and his partner are having lunch, is no exception. Dezi finds himself in a constant battle keeping the true depth of his criminal activities secret from Kayla, as he seeks to keep her happy and unequivocally his. Now Dezi's empire is under ...more
Published April 27th 2009 by Kirabaco Publishing, LLC (first published December 17th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Deadly Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Deadly Encounter

Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY
Kayla was having lunch, when she caught the eye of Dezi Gianni. Dezi and his organization are dangerous unbeknownst to Kayla. The more Dezi gets involve with her is the more he becomes possessive. Nevertheless, Dezi tries to separate crime life from Kayla in order to keep the woman he loves by his side. This maybe hard to do with the FBI snooping around.

THOUGHTS

Epic, that’s all I can say. It was grimy, violent, sexy, good, and sad at t
Reader's Paradise
Oct 21, 2012 Reader's Paradise rated it it was amazing
As the story unfolds, we find the FBI has the Clique on their radar. Looking for a way to infiltrate the Clique. With rumors of murder, and mayhem that has the Clique's handprint all over them, the FBI is anxious to bring them to justice. As they began surveillance, Agents Maurice Collins and Donovan Black see the beautiful women this dangerous duo is attracted to, and devise a plan to infiltrate and glean information from them. As the plans come into play and progresses, Black finds himself ...more
Gwen Cannon-Jenkins
Feb 28, 2012 Gwen Cannon-Jenkins rated it it was amazing
Dezi aka Devestator was true to his name. He would eliminate any and everything that crossed him except for one person who could do no wrong in his eyes and that was Ms. Kayla. Kayla is a highly educated, independent, and smart young woman who owns her own business but meets a thug that turns her life upside down. Excellent story line from the beginning to the end. Ms. Bankston has done it again as normal, you hit this one out the box. Great Read!!!
Lisa
Aug 04, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
So good! Raw! Two thumbs up!
Thedaringshow
Jun 09, 2011 Thedaringshow rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Thedaringshow by: KR Bankston
Kr Bankston got this smash hit book series coined The Gianni Legacy. It starts with its main character Devastator aka Dezi Gianni. Who is, based on Ms. Bankston's imagery and through my eyes, tall, dark and extremely slap your momma handsome. He knows what he wants and who he wants and how he is going to get it. From love to business he is determined to be successful and respected. Never under estimate the power of this man or the ability to pull together a story like KR Bankston did.

The heroin
D.K.
Nov 08, 2010 D.K. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kayla DeWitt thinks she's found her soul-mate in Dezi Gianni, a charismatic, handsome and very rich man. But behind all of Dezi’s allure is a ruthless crime-lord who distributes pain and death to all those that threaten his criminal empire known as The Clique.

D.K.
Feb 23, 2010 D.K. rated it really liked it
Kayla DeWitt thinks she found her soul-mate in Dezi Gianni, a charismatic, handsome and very rich man. But behind all of Dezi’s allure is a ruthless crime-lord who distributes pain and death to all those that threaten his criminal empire known as The Clique.

Kayla’s innocence and beauty has Dezi instantly fall in love with her. Hidden from the dark truth of Dezi’s wrongdoings, she is prepared to spin her life with him. She is aware of his criminal life, but not the degree of his ruthlessness. The
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review

A Deadly Encounter is about a young woman named Kayla DeWitt who meets and falls in love with a man named Dezi Gianni half black half Italian all sexy. Lol! Dezi is also a criminal he is a drug lord, pimp, money launderer and psycho pathic killer. Altho she kno's he is in to some illegal activity she has no idea the extent until FBI agent Donavan Black let's her kno who she is really in love with. A cold stone killer. I liked this bk i thought the story moved at a good pace an
Shanta Gray Ursery
Mar 05, 2015 Shanta Gray Ursery rated it it was amazing
This was my first read from K.R. Bankston and what a way to start! This storyline had me from the beginning. The secrets, the love & the craziness all went hand in hand in this book. Dezi may have been a bad person but he truly loved Kayla and would never do anything to hurt her. I was upset with Kayla because she was warned that he was a bad boy but she still fell for him but in the turn of events she turns her back on him. I also hate how Dirty & Taea ended because it ended up being ...more
K.R. Bankston
Jan 06, 2010 K.R. Bankston rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"A Deadly Encounter" - Some conversations have no good way of beginning. "Hi, I'm with the FBI and oh by the way, your boyfriend is a deranged, sociopathic, killer."

Dezi Gianni is a very much a man used to getting what he wants. Kayla DeWitt, the beautiful woman dining in the restaurant where he and his partner are having lunch is no exception.
Lyfe  Changes
Jul 24, 2012 Lyfe Changes rated it it was amazing
If I would have read this book first I would have STILL ENJOYED THE TRILOGY!!! DEZI Seems like a WONDERFUL MYSTIC MAN!!! My dream man ... LOOVED THE BEGINNING of the Trilogy but Kayla has a needy aura that I didn't expect her to come out as she did in the THIRD book but .. FANTASTIC K R.. What's next after smoke n mirrors??
Nikki
Apr 16, 2011 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book last summer on my Kindle. I started it, but never finished. I FINALLY got to it and was on the edge of my seat the entire time. The twists and turns of events left me wanting more. I loved how the characters and their relationships developed, but the storyline is not one to be missed. K.R. Bankston has been placed on my favorite listing of authors.
Kendell That'sMe
Oct 02, 2012 Kendell That'sMe rated it it was amazing
This was the 1st book i read by MS Bankston and it wont be my last!!!.
A DEADLY ENCOUNTER WAS A FANTASTIC READ!.I loved Kayla and Gianni
(SORRY I DONT THINK HE WAS AS BAD AS BLACK MADE HIM OUT TO BE) He loved Kayla. I DON"T WANNA GIVE THE BOOK AWAY BUT IT'S A MUST READ.I'm about to start part 2 Sins of the father.
Arabia
Apr 24, 2012 Arabia rated it it was amazing
This book was off the chain....All kinds of things were happening! I'm a sucker for some good hood love and this book definitely delivered. If you have not experienced the the Gianni Legacy please pick this up....You will not be disappointed!
Lin
Jul 28, 2013 Lin rated it it was amazing

This book is a real page turner, I wanted to stay up until I was finish. Looking forward to reading the 3 other books in series.
Joni K.
Mar 01, 2009 Joni K. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a "Hot" book...this is it! The Author really makes you feel that you are right there! I have read SO many books but this one is a page turner.... Look forward to many more!
Shawnna White
Shawnna White rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2012
Vickie
Vickie rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2014
Diane
Jul 18, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing
Never judge a book by its cover. this book blue my mind.
Bri'Monae Bri'Monae
Bri'Monae Bri'Monae rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2012
Louise Oakes
Louise Oakes rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2013
Karen Reynolds
Aug 17, 2014 Karen Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Whew! All that in one book, o Lord someone come check my vitals. On to the next one.
T.P.
T.P. rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Shadaria Smith
Shadaria Smith rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
sherry
sherry rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
Francine
Francine rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Shantel D
Shantel D rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Dama Cargle
Dama Cargle rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
KB Bankston is a rising serial novelist, following in the famous footsteps of her literary idol, VC Andrews. She hails from Tallahassee, FL and now resides in Jonesboro, GA. Having written various works of fiction including short stories and reflective poetry for most of her adult life, Bankston entered the world of commercial publishing in 2008 with her first novel, A Deadly Encounter.
More about K.R. Bankston...