Start by marking “Shadows in the Mirror [Love Inspired Suspense Series]” as Want to Read:
Shadows in the Mirror [Love Inspired Suspense Series]

Shadows in the Mirror [Love Inspired Suspense Series] (Shadows #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"Never go back to Burlington "

Those were the dying words of the secretive aunt who'd raised orphaned Marylee Simson. Yet to discover who she was, Marylee had to go back, sure the Lord would look out for her. But learning anything about her past was proving impossible. Why were there no records of the accident that claimed her parents' lives? No records of her parents, peri
Published May 1st 2007 by Harlequin Enterprises

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows in the Mirror [Love Inspired Suspense Series]

Melissa
Before Shadows in the Mirror, I had only read one other book by Linda Hall (On Thin Ice) which I liked.

The story had an interesting plot. Marylee's parents died when she was just three, and she was raised by her aunt and didn't know anything about what happened, who she was, or why her aunt had begged her not to go back to Burlington.

Some things that happened in Shadows in the Mirror just didn't seem very realistic. For instance, Marylee is worried about someone following and wanting to harm her
Jan
It was a good read. I found the characters a little naive, but a good story line. Rather tragic. I felt the aunt did her an injustice by not telling her the truth when she became an adult, but sometimes people just don't realize that children grow up and aren't children anymore. Phsyc 101 tells you don't tell your child not to do something you forbid them from doing or in this case promise to never return to Vermont. Curiosity got the best of her and she did exactly that. If her aunt really want ...more
Cathy Daniel
This was SO GOOD!! Linda Hall is fantastic! I can't wait until I get more of her books. I did feel a little frustrated that her Aunt didn't just tell her the truth when she grew up and that Marylee didn't just come out and ask Evan certain questions but I guess it wouldn't be a suspense book or as creepy without that.
Linda C
Marylee Simson was raised by her aunt after the death of her parents. The deaths occurred in Burlington, Vt and her Aunt Rose told her never to go back there. After her aunt's death Marylee does go to Burlington and tries to find out about her family. She opens a crafts store and begins to look for information with little result until she sees the one picture she owns of her parents but with different names. With the help of photographer, Evan Styles, she begins to trace these people and finds p ...more
Norma
I really enjoyed this book. It is a mystery all the way to the end. I will read more from this author.
Elaine
Excellent read. Linda Hall is a very good author and her books are done sort of locally, in Maine and Vermont. (I live in NH and have been to both states.)

There wasn't a lot of fluff in this story and there was nothing boring. Definitely a quick read.

Marylee discovers some strange things about her past. She isn't even sure who she really is. The more she tries to discover the truth, the more oddities she uncovers. Can she trust a particular friend or is he/she in on it as well?
Laurie
This was a good book. I am always leery with Christian Fiction. Some can be full of fluff. I have found the mystery Christian fiction is pretty good.
IrenesChristianReviews
First in this series. Good suspense. Enjoyed reading the story.
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Laura Potter
Laura Potter marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
NewAppleBookAwards
NewAppleBookAwards marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Ruth E. R.
Ruth E. R. marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Alycia
Alycia added it
Aug 06, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn is currently reading it
Oct 10, 2014
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Laurel
Laurel added it
Apr 21, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Grace
Grace added it
Feb 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am an author of novels of mystery and romantic suspense. So far I have 18 in print - with more coming. My several mystery series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspenses.

I grew up near the coast in New Jersey, and it was there that my love of the ocean was nurtured. Most of my novels
More about Linda Hall...
Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison, #1) Sadie's Song (Coast of Maine, #4) Black Ice (Fog Point, #2) Dark Water (Fog Point, #1) Chat Room (Teri Blake-Addison, #2)