Your Best Year Yet!: A Proven Method for Making the Next Twelve Months the Most Successful Ever

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  28 reviews
AWAKEN YOUR "CAN DO!" ATTITUDE

Within every successful person is an ordinary person who found the courage, heart, and discipline to act...to face the big challenges and make dreams come true. The life you want is yours for the taking. This unique, bestselling guide from a successful corporate coach shows you how.

Jinny Ditzler has helped thousands of men and women achieve ne...more
Published November 1st 1998 by Warner Books

To ask other readers questions about Your Best Year Yet!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Best Year Yet!

Cath Duncan
This is a great read, especially for Dec/ Jan, when it's an excellent time of the year to review your year and set your intention and direction for the new year.

I particularly liked Jinny's style of asking 10 questions, rather than telling you what you "should" set as goals for the new year. They're simple, but powerful questions. And they're the right kind of smart questions that open up your thinking and help with problem-solving.

A highly recommended read - simple, straight to the point, low o...more
Ron Roy
The metaphor on page 10 sums up the intent of this book nicely: "while we wouldn't think of getting in a car and not knowing where we were going ... we gradually become passengers in our own lives. Years go by and we never get out of the car to see how it's doing or where it's going. We simply sit in the backseat preoccupied by our busy, busy lives, which are moving too fast to allow time to stop the car, take stock, consider alternate routes, or set goals to change direction -- in short, to get...more
Ruba AlTurki

أفضل سنة في عمرك الآن ، أنصح بالكتاب باللغة الإنجليزية لأن الترجمة سيئة لدرجة لاتوصف !
ترجمة قوقل ستحصل على المرتبة الأولى مقارنة بالترجمة الموجودة .
حاولت قراءة الكتاب سابقًا وتوقفت ظنًا ان المحتوى ممل لكن الآن تأكدت انه خطأ الترجمة .

بخلاف ذلك ، التجربة كانت -ولازالت- مسليّة ومفيدة جداً .
يحتوي الكتاب على عشرة أسئلة لكل سؤال فصل قصير يشرح كيفية الإجابة عنه وكيف نحقق الإستفادة من الاجابة فالموضوع ليس جلداً للذات فقط ، نريد أن نحقق الفائدة حتى وإن كانت من ذكر العيوب والمساوئ .
بالنسبة للاسئلة فهي كال...more
Libbeth
I have "done" this book a couple of times and, although I have never finished a full year of working on my goals in the YBYY way, I have found that some goals work their way into my lifestyle and sometimes just "seem to happen" later. Having said that, I follow a different goal setting system now. I found having ten goals to work on in one way, stressful and in another way, limiting. It was as if, by focussing on the written YBYY goals, other things in my life weren't as important; and if I didn...more
Elena
This is a great little book! I used it for first time few years ago, and was really impressed with the results. Well, of course, it won't work out of nothing. I mean, if you really want to see good results, you need to do the workshop, make your own plan, then work on weekly, montly, etc. plans.

The book is priceless at giving well structured information on how to build your own year plan by answering few simple questions. It helps you concentrate more on the result you want to achieve at the end...more
Colleen Wainwright
Bar none, the best tool I've found for unearthing goals and mapping out plans to turn them into reality. I used it to help me commit to doing my 50-for-50 project this year; I've used it to do everything from successfully increasing my book reading (78 in 2010, 80 in 2011) to ditching spent relationships. A warning: it takes far, far longer than her suggested 3-4 hours to read through and do the exercises. Like, 2 weeks longer.

But the program itself is sound. She and her husband developed it th...more
Jeremiah Stover
This book provides the best structured foundation to goal setting for a general audience of any title I have encountered. It gradually builds a series of slightly related questions into a framework that is then progressively built into an actionable list of goals. The end result is a single page (often just 18 lines of written text) that define the top goals and priorities for the coming year. Despite the books claim that the process can be completed in a mere 3 hours, the first time through can...more
Maria Raynal
Indeed, as my friend Ruth notes, this echoes the work of Stephen Covey and Norman Vincent Peale. Good stuff, but available elsewhere.

Yet, I like the author's straightforward style...none of Covey's shopworn corporatespeak, and more action-oriented than Peale, who tends to fall into the think-it-and-it-will-come camp.

This book pulls it all together into an easy-to-follow plan and I don't need the $150 leatherette, three-ring agenda to make it happen. This I can appreciate.

Stephen Hanrahan
I did this half hartedly last year and didnt get great results. this time I put in gthe effort read it cover to cocver and did a good long workshop session and figured out what I want.
I now have 10 goals I am excited about. and a plan to dramatically. improve my life. not taht my life is bad. teh good outweighs the bad but the few really bad things in my life I can now see being resolved.

whether I reach my goals remains to be seen though
Ruth
This book borrows VERY heavily from Steven Covey and Norman Vincent Peale. VERY. especially in terms of being positive (be proactive) and different spheres of your life and how you have different roles in life and to make goals that relate to your specific roles.. I found nothing new here that I hadn't read before; which is not to say its not a useful book, but definitely for me, a re-hash of stuff I've already read.
Claire
I actually did this as a class, and haven't read the book. However, the class was so amazing and clarifying, that I think the book must be even more empowering and I'm not normally a self-helpy person. It is incredibly uplifting to distill your definition of success into simple tasks that you can actually do! Every day! It really makes everything feel much less daunting.
Patty
What I love about this book is that it's not just about setting goals -- it encourages us to set goals according to our personal values, so that when we hit the rugged spots on the way to our goal (which is inevitable), we know why the heck we're doing this! Since I sometimes have trouble remembering the big picture, this book gave me exactly what I needed.
Katie
In addition to using the features in this book personally, each of our three children have completed the exercises in this book AND recommended it to their friends. This book is the BEST book in helping you identify, set and MAKE realistic annual goals in a step-by-step method. I read it every year.
Stirling Gardner
This is a terrific book I go through at the beginning of every year. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Helps you focus on what you value and getting your life prioritized in a way that makes you happy.
Cortney
I found this book very helpful with making goals. It explains the how and why you should make them. Excellent for anyone that wants to be successful with their entire life, not just their career.
Cyraa
I just tell you about this book...I read in 2002, it’s totally changed my routine life. Really amazing ....I can’t forget my whole life that person who gave me that book….. never ever.... Cyraa.
Tiffany
Jul 22, 2011 Tiffany rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Tiffany by: my hubby
I am in the process of reading this, but it is very insightful in helping you find your thoughts that limit you. That way you can really achieve what you want out of life! (Think Bucket List...)
Kathy Skaggs
I used this book to create my plan for this year. Of course, we'll have to wait until next year to see how it worked, but I really believe this is going to be my best year yet!
Tara
Feb 19, 2013 Tara marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The title's a bit over the top, but I'm a fan of asking good questions (I do it professionally!) so I'd like to read it.
Vahid
A recommendation from Colleen. Check back with me in a year for a full-review. Putting this one to the test.
أ. خلود الغفري
الكتاب رائع وودت ان اقرأه بلغته الاصلية لان ترجمته تعيسة جدا
لا انصح بقراءة النسخة المترجمة ابدا
Aboalhish
اذكر اني حاولت اكماله عدة مرات ولم استطع :( ........كان الكتاب في قمة الملل بالنسبة لي
Bree
I tried four separate times to read this book, but felt like it said nothing.
Ash
Actually very helpful in giving you a path to obtain a large goal.
Saleem Najjar
تجربة عملية جديدة لتعيش السنة القادمة من حياتك بطريقة مميزة
Diane Dreher
Thought-provoking program of planning and personal renewal.
Mindy
A must read for the goal-setters out there.
Kirstie
Quick reminder of how to set positive/present/attainable goals. I set 10 for 2010.
I like the area in part three for getting each goal decided and posted.
Was Ich Schon Immer Erreichen Wollte El Mejor Ano de Tu Vida Empieza Hoy