Start by marking “Do Over” as Want to Read:
Do Over

Do Over

Casey Imler is a walking miracle. He's stared death in the face and beaten the leukemia that was a death sentence only six months ago. Now he's determined to make the most of his second chance, to live his life in a way he was afraid to before. Number one on Casey's list of do-overs is publicly claiming the man he loves and proving to Ty that Casey can be the man of his ...more
Published September 2009 by Torquere Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Do Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Over

Deeze
Jul 11, 2012 Deeze rated it really liked it
20 pages of pure emotion. This is a wonderful short of living life and second chances. Tissues needed but for purely happy tears lol.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Jul 12, 2012 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it really liked it
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Tailtiu
I was a little afraid of the possible angst and drama in a book dealing with such a serious situation, but I was happy that wasn't a reason to worry. My only complaint was the length, I would have loved to see bit of the 'before' relationship!
This is a happy and uplifting tale, and not just Casey should take the do-over list to heart.
Ami
Feb 27, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
For a short story (only 19 pages) this one is another satisfying tale from the pen of Sara Bell. After being told that his cancer is in remission, Casey is set out to do the things he wants to do in life, if given a second chance. His first mission, is to tell Ty, that he loves him, and the he will spend the rest of his life showing it. Second, is coming out the family. I love how Casey do all that. The scene where he tells his family that he is not dying and he is gay and he is in love with Ty ...more
Edina Rose
Jan 31, 2012 Edina Rose rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short, illness
Short, romantic, deep and sensual.

Closet case Casey is given a second chance at life and he will not waste it. Priority number one is out and proud Ty, his long time SECRET lover.

I liked: the family's reaction to the coming out.

Firenz
May 06, 2014 Firenz rated it liked it
There wasn't really enough time for me to feel sympathetic to our MC. He treated his boyfriend like shit and only made it right after he was cancer free. What if he had died, all those feelings of turmoil unresolved between them.

Also he shouldn't have let his mother worry so much, my mom would smack me if I did that.
Phaney
Apr 01, 2013 Phaney rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
Ah~! Just what I needed.

This is a very brief story and nonetheless sweet for it. Sure, we do not get terribly close to either Casey, the narrator, or his lover Ty, but the events following Casey’s survival of cancer warmed my heart and made me smile. There’s funny and love and not everything’s perfect but everything that truly matters is
MsMiz (Tina)
Jan 13, 2012 MsMiz (Tina) rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
It is really hard not to love a story like this one. Very sweet short story about a man and a list after he gets really good news. What is on your If I live list?
Indigo
Jan 02, 2012 Indigo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, shorts, favorite
I just love this author who balances so well emotions, storylines and characters.
melek
Casey has another chance in life and he has now a chance to do over his life again after his cancer has been in remission. He has an list and first thing is to tell the man he loves to give him another chance and then tell his family his gay his been in the closet for years and its time. This life threatening illness has made him rethink about his life. And he wont take anything for granted again. For an short story it was full of emotion loved everything bit.
Awakencordy
Jun 12, 2015 Awakencordy rated it really liked it
On my reader I touched this one by accident and kept reading on when I saw that it was a short story. For a short, it was so sweet and well developed (even though it was predictable). I don't know if this belongs to a series or not but it was enough for me, I rooted for them, I cried with them and I got happy with them.
L-D
Oct 07, 2012 L-D rated it liked it
This was a very sweet story about Casey, a man who gets a second chance at life and vows to make the most of it. I loved this concept and enjoyed this quick read. I would have loved for it to be a little longer and a little more developed, but I enjoyed it just the same.
Lucy
Mar 29, 2016 Lucy rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Short, sweet story of a man who gets a second chance to do things right and honest when he is given the news of cancer in remission.
Sadonna
Jan 14, 2012 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
Very powerful short story about a guy who gets a second chance at life and what he does with that chance. Beautifully written - hit all the right notes. A story that will really make you think.
Sylvie
Sylvie rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2011
Isabella
Isabella rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Florine
Florine rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Saya
Saya rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
May 13, 2012
Kelgar01
Kelgar01 rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2010
Ter
Ter rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2010
Anja
Anja rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2010
Brett
Brett rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2010
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2015
Lucia
Lucia rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2011
Azure
Azure rated it it was ok
Dec 06, 2013
Junebug
Junebug rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2011
BWT (Belen)
BWT (Belen) rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Alina
Alina rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2010
Janie
Janie rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2012
kasjo_peja
kasjo_peja rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sara Bell lives in North Alabama with the world's sexiest, most supportive husband, the two most beautiful, gifted daughters on the planet, and two of the most neurotic but loveable dogs ever created. She's a full-time author who writes stories about never-ending love for all kinds of characters--gay, straight, and somewhere in-between. Sara still can't believe she gets paid to do something she ...more
More about Sara Bell...