Start by marking “Kiss Me, Kill Me: Ann Rule's Crime Files Vol. 9” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me, Kill Me: Ann Rule's Crime Files Vol. 9

Kiss Me, Kill Me: Ann Rule's Crime Files Vol. 9 (Crime Files #9)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,619 ratings  ·  40 reviews
The dark side of love is no fairy tale....

And while we may like to believe that crimes of the heart only victimize those who aren't careful, this page-turning collection of must-read accounts will convince you otherwise. America's #1 true-crime writer, Ann Rule reveals how lovers become predators, how sex and lust can push ordinary people to desperate acts, and how inves
Published December 1st 2004 by Pocket Books (first published November 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me, Kill Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me, Kill Me

Ruth Turner
I didn't find any of these stories particularly interesting. Lots of typos.

Dull and boring.
Kim
It was not my favorite book of her's, although I am a huge Ann Rule fan. I really felt like her age was showing, as she seems to use this book more to pay homage to good cops she has knows, than to tell a cohesive story. There was a general "theme", at least to the main story: dna has made it possible to solve cold cases. Problem is, this isnt new news, and it wasnt made very interesting by Rule. And, Rule failed to discuss the huge range in sentences given to the offenders- from months on proba ...more
Jim
I know Ann Rule is popular, and I have read some of her work before, but I was disappointed in the writing. It was repetitive and, at least in the first section, maddening. It seems as if she wanted to go off on tangents. She could have tightened up the prose considerably, or have used an editor with a firmer hand. I was reading it with a lady friend who agreed, and asked that we move on to a different book.
Alison
I'm really not sure which one of her books I read. I read a few in college but I had to stop because I started to get convinced that everyone's husband/boyfriend was out to kill them. These books totally terrify me.
Heather
Fluff. It was alright. I like Ann Rule though.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
This book just didn’t have the interesting read I was expecting. This is the first Ann Rule book I am reading. I will continue to read more of her books, I just don’t think this is probably one of her best works. This is based on her heavy following of true crime readers, so I imagine her other books are more interesting.

The things I just didn’t like about this book were:
(1) Some of the pictures that were with the stories were of the detective and investigators and not of the victim or the suspe
Donna
Ann Rule has dedicated her adult life to writing about things most of us would really prefer not to know. She studies and reports on the most treacherous, violent human beings in America, the crimes they commit, and their victims. As she often says, she does what she does for two reasons: 1) to give dignity and respect to the victims and their families, and 3) to warn others--especially young women--about the monsters among us and help them understand how to protect themselves.

Kiss Me, Kill Me,
Paula
If you like watching true crime shows on ID, you'll like this book. A collection of interesting short true crime tidbits. I'm an ID/true crime addict and I had never heard of many of these cases. I downloaded the audio version from the library and it was perfect for running errands, rush hour traffic or doing a load of laundry as most stories were short enough to finish in one or two quick sittings.
Karen C
Read in 2008. Like true stories, but don't remember specifics.
Vanessa
This book scared the crap out of me, as it had a story of a Florida State Trooper go killer. I read this book shortly after I moved to Florida. One night, I was walking my daughter around the block to her girl scout meeting. It was dark when we returned home, and we had to walk by a wooded area filled with palmettos. I thought it would be nice to take advantage of the warm Florida evening, but that was the last time we walked to girl scouts.
Janna
Ann Rule is one of my favorite authors. Although I thought this book might be an exception initially. The first story was terrible - it started with one case and then kept introducing other offenders and cases, many of which seemed irrelevant. I got bored and impatient, but she finally provided a conclusion. The rest of the stories were shorter and more to the point.
Valerie
If you like true crime stories you will love Ann Rule. These specific crime files were all cold cases, unsolved or reopened later. They were amazing. Not for the weak of stomach. I actually was watching City Confidential on A&E and recognized a couple of the stories from this book. Even better for me to put real faces to the ones I imagined.
Ann
I enjoyed this compilation of true crime stories as I have all the others of hers that I've read. To me, she is one of the best true crime writers around. I don't know why but I do enjoy reading true crime as much if not more than fiction mysteries or police dramas, maybe I'm just weird! If you like true crime as I do you will enjoy this book.
Dionne
I've become a big Ann Rule fan. I've started listening to some of her books on Cd, but couldn't get enough, so I've started reading some of them in hard copy as well.

I listened to this one on Cd. It was good, but I like the books better when she focuses on one killer. This one focused on numerous killers.

Marguerite
Not her best collection.
...and there it is...Ted Bundy reference #1on pg 29. :)...and more on pg 96. Her books are like "Where's Ted?" Waldo only more serious.
...found Ted again on pg 224! Lol...there he is again! Popping up on pg 275
Camille
If you like true crime stories, you will probably enjoy the stories contained in this book. My advice is to not read them at night on a train and then walk to your car by yourself. It can be a little freaky.
I liked this book. It was one of the MOST INTERESTING books I have read to this day ... I enjoyed every bit of it. Even though some of it scared the hell out of me.
Victoria
Great true crime book with a bunch of short stories. This is a great book for when you are short on time. It always amazes me what people can do to one another.
Yanique Luca
This book makes you really think about things and it make you wonder about whats really out there. It makes you think about what really goes on in other people's heads.
Muriel
The book is good, I think I am just not into true crime stories anymore. I really liked Ann Rules books Small Sacrifices and The Stranger Beside Me.
Shari
I am a big Ann Rule fan, but this was not my favorite of her books. I really like the full length stories better than the 'crime files' books.
Andd Becker
The book is riveting, the characters scary. In typical Ann Rule style, photos are presented to add interest to the true crime stories.
Michelle Silvestri-Oetinger
Not as good as some of her other books! The first story is confusing, too many murders, how are they related, if at all.
Cindy
Does anyone write true crime better than Ann Rule? NO! Yet another compelling read by the queen of the genre.
Linsey
A real eye-opener to women! True stories of the gore any unsuspecting/trusting woman may fall into.
Jennie
Ann Rule is the best True Crime writer. If you enjoy this genre...you will enjoy all her books.
Karen Thompson
I love all of Ann Rule's books! This is a collection of true short stories from her crime files.
Mari Anne
Love Ann Rule and everything she writes. In hte genre of true crime she is the queen.
Amy
When the true crime mood hits you-- you can't go wrong with Ann Rule... 3.5 stars...
Gioia
Apr 20, 2011 Gioia added it
she is the best at describing serial killers or crimes in general. Love her!
  • The Riverman: Ted Bundy and I Hunt for the Green River Killer
  • Die, My Love: a True Story of Revenge, Murder, and Two Texas Sisters
  • Murder In The Heartland
  • Predator
  • Murder In Brentwood
  • Bitter Blood: A True Story of Southern Family Pride, Madness, and Multiple Murder
  • By Their Father's Hand: The True Story of the Wesson Family Massacre
  • Obsession
  • From Cradle to Grave: The Short Lives and Strange Deaths of Marybeth Tinning's Nine Children
  • Erased: Missing Women, Murdered Wives
  • The Darkest Night: The Murder of Innocence in a Small Town
  • Bitter Almonds: The True Story of Mothers, Daughters, and the Seattle Cyanide Murders
  • When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt
  • The Ultimate Evil: The Truth about the Cult Murders: Son of Sam and Beyond
  • Perfect Murder, Perfect Town: The Uncensored Story of the JonBenet Murder and the Grand Jury's Search for the Truth
  • Hush Little Babies: the true story of a mother who murdered her own children
  • Bestial: The Savage Trail of a True American Monster
  • Never Enough
Ann Rule is a popular American true crime writer. She came to prominence with her first book, The Stranger Beside Me, about the Ted Bundy murders.
At the time she started researching the book, the murders were still unsolved. In the course of time, it became clear that the killer was Bundy, her friend and her colleague as a trained volunteer on the suicide hotline at the Seattle, Washington Crisis
More about Ann Rule...
The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy The Shocking Inside Story Small Sacrifices: A True Story of Passion and Murder Green River, Running Red: The Real Story of the Green River Killer--America's Deadliest Serial Murderer If You Really Loved Me And Never Let Her Go: Thomas Capano: The Deadly Seducer