Blank-133x176
Fallen Hearts

V.C. Andrews

Fallen Hearts (Casteel #3)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  10,323 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Proud and beautiful, Heaven came back to the hills -- to rise at last above her family's shame!

As Logan's bride, she would savor now the love she had sought for so long. And free from her father's clutches, she would live again in her backwoods town, a respected teacher and cherished wife. But after a wedding trip to Boston's Farthinggale Manor and a lavish, elegant part

Published February 9th 1989 by Harper Collins (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Hearts

Erin
This was just a really enjoyable continuation of the story. It's true that the same plot points are visited over and over, but the characters are just as endearing as ever. It was interesting to get a closer look into the rivalry between Fanny and Heaven and it was nice to finally see Heaven come into her own.
Alena
It's not like the first two books in this series was fine literature, but when the ghostwriter took over, the quality really went downhill. The same phrases and themes cropped up over and over, and got really repetitive. Plus, I thought the characters were out-of-character. At least this one had less incest.
Jeni
Novels that were truly written by Ms. Andrews were Flowers in the Attic, Petals on the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, My Sweet Audrina, Heaven, and Dark Angel. When Virginia became seriously ill while writing the Casteel series, she began to work even harder, hoping to finish as many stories as possible so that her fans could one day share them. Since her death many have wondered whether there would continue to be new V.C. Andrews novels. Beginning with the final books in the Cast...more
Michelle
Erin
The Casteel series was my favorite, more than the Flowers in the Attic series. But as much as I loved Heaven and her books back then, I know I started getting fed up with the same plot points over and over, like the mean and greedy sister who would purposely hurt the main character, the untrustworthy father, and the wonderful boyfriend who eventually cheated but was sorry....although, if you enjoy V.C. Andrews. then this is a great series!

Not anything that I would read now...but I loved these bo...more
Amy
I read the earlier V.C. Andrews books when I was growing up. I think they helped to prepare me for what I could find behind closed doors while completing assessments as a social worker...:)
Rossy
The plot thickens in this third book of the Casteel saga. So many twists, surprises, drama, mystery, you name it! There were times when I wanted to cry, others when I wanted to throw something to the wall, and of course others when I wanted to close the book so the drama would stop.
Heaven goes through SO much in this book (yes, so-much!), I again feel sorry for all the things that happen to her and being surrounded by people who are plain evil.
I hated Fanny more than ever, that obnoxious, selfis...more
Kim Smiley
Delicious Strawberry
Doubtless Fallen Hearts might have been a bit different if VCA had been able to finish this story before her untimely death. Neiderman didn't keep all the facts straight from Dark Angel, as the exact details of Troy's death/return, and nearer the end of Fallen Hearts, the writing feels a bit more distinctly different.

However, this is still a decent continuation of the Casteel saga. Having the truth revealed (that Leigh wasn't the little tramp that Troy made her out to be) felt good. I know some...more
Victoria
Book 3 in the Casteel series. As the story of Heaven Casteel continues, we start with Heaven back in the Willies and soon engaged to her high school sweetheart Logan. After their wedding, Logan and Heaven travel to Boston to Farthinggale Manor for an elaborate reception given by Tony. While there, Logan is enamored by the wealth and is soon making plans to work with Tony and open a new toy factory in the Willies.

Heaven discovers the decline of her grandmother Jillian and the whole staff taking o...more
Iolanda
Fallen Hearts is a very enjoyable and fitting follow up to Dark Angel in the Casteel series. Although it could've been better and despite this series not being my favourite by this author, it still has wonderful potential and intriguing in depth and thorough characters.
Natasha
Wow..... so many mixed emotions from this book. I'd like to start off with saying that I will try to keep this as spoiler free as possible. I have hated Fanny more and more with each book so far. This whole book it seemed like she was out to attack Heaven, and she pretty much was. I also lost mad respect for Tony, specially after what happened on his drunken night. I was going to give this book just 4 stars because of all the repetitive drama through out this book. It was a giant web of pregnanc...more
V H
There is so much happening in this book. So many secrets coming out in the open, the way the book ends would be enough to end the whole series, but there are still two books left. I haven’t really read many sagas before, and I’ve noticed while reading this that they are kind of like soap-operas, only books not tv.

I did enjoy the book. Fanny has been a horrible girl throughout the series, and even now as an adult she hasn’t changed and she goes about things in bad ways. Unfortunately people are l...more
Kimberly Stedronsky
Heaven and Dark Angel are two of the best in VC Andrew's collection, but it is clear that Fallen Hearts was taken over by the ghost writer. Heaven is so out of character, calling Logan by strange, formal endearments, being rude to the cook (formerly her friend) and even calling an old college friend fat! The Heaven who suffered through the first two books was not the same woman in this novel. Logan was a simpering clod, not the strong, self-respecting man in the other books. While I loved that T...more
Courtney Schafer
Tony Tatterton the master manipulator. Eh to the crap character of Logan and yes to Troy and Heaven!
Heather
Loved these books as a tween.
Karen Cheng
In the beginning, I disliked the book. But now that I'm finished, I love it!
Connie J.estrada
I THOUGHT THERE WERE TOO MANY DIFFERENCE IN APPEARANCES WHEN HEAVEN DIED HER HAIR FROM BLACK TO SILVER BLONDE. THE WAY SHE THREW CAUTION TO THE WIND WHEN SHE AND TROY HAD SEX WAS A BIT AMUSING. I GUESS IF LOGAN COULD SLEEP WITH FANNY AND GET PREGNANT, THAN IT WAS O.K FOR HER TO SLEEP WITH TROY. SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME HOW AND WHY JILLIAN GOES COOCOO. I GUESS I MUST REREAD IT AGAIN.
Valeria
TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYy!
AAAAAAGGGHHH!!!
Es tan desafortunadooo!!
fue algo sorprendente! trsite! cruel!!!
¿por que?
SE AMAN!!! POR QUE HACER ALGO COMO ESO?!
"Reloj" es la cancion ideal para este libro.

sufroo!! sufrooo!
por que estos libros son tan perfectos?!
por que soy masoquista?!?!?
D':

ciertamente, todos en esa mancion estan locos... Tony... agh...
Destiny
This book is #3 of the Casteel series and focuses on Heaven Leigh's adult life. Heaven is married to Logan and soon they move into Heaven's step-grandfather's home because he has brain washed Logan. Heaven Leigh has many memories at this home and becomes a bit sad. But suddenly one person she never expected to see comes walking back into her life.
Kimberly
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest. (even some of the ghostwriter's work)
Patricia Atkinson
the story of heaven contines with her and logan and her problems with fanny.just when heaven thinks everything will work out for good some dark cloud comes along to change everything.will she ever have the family she so desperately wants and needs.once again she finds that money cannot buy you true happiness.
Kristy M
I must admit that my ratings are going to higher on these books than they probably would be if I read them as an adult. I was just reminded of this dark series that I was absorbed in as a pre-teen.
This particular book I remember being annoyed because it was not the original author and it was blatenlatly obvious.
Mum
Strange to read a V.C. Andrews after such along time. I loved her Flowers in the Attic series. I liked the book but I must have been in a whole different place mentally and emotionally because there was lots in there that bothered me. However, the writing is as good as always.
Caroline
I read this before I joined GoodReads. Rating it as I remember it.

As with most of the different series I've read by Virginia Andrews, I liked the first and last (the 'prequel') better than the books in the middle.

3 stars - I liked it
Amanda
Not as good as Dark Angel.
•Erin• (Paperback Stash)
It's been years since I've read this one - the Casteel series was interesting enough but did not hold par with the Dollanganger series. The first two books were the best, this one was average and a bit out there/less interesting.
•Erin• (Paperback Stash)
I loved reading about heaven and how she changed so much, and she became a much happier, and brighter person, but also at the same time she became a sadder person in so many ways. I liked it, but it felt like it was missing something.
  • Second Child
  • All Night Long (Sweet Valley High, #5)
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)
  • The Graduation (Final Friends, #3)
  • Daddy
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man w...more
More about V.C. Andrews...
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, #5)

“You are the most dangerous kind of female the world can ever know. You carry the seeds for your own destruction and the destruction of everyone who loves you. And a great many will love you for your beautiful face for your seductive body; but you will fail them all because you will believe they all fail you first. You are an idealist of the worst kind - the romantic idealist. Born to destroy and self destruct.” 268 likes
“Little rabbits have big ears.” 8 likes