The Lambkins

The Lambkins

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Kyle Wilson was the size of a regular ninth grader until crazy Mrs. Shepherd injected him with a shrinking formula. Now he's a prisoner in her dollhouse, the fourth Lambkin in Mrs. Shepherd's collection! She loves them and would never harm them, she says . . . as long as they don't make her angry.

One thing is certain. Kyle and the others must figure out how to escape, and...more
Published October 3rd 2006 by HarperTrophy (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Lambkins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lambkins

Dolly by Susan HillThe Dollhouse Murders by Betty Ren WrightBad Girls Don't Die by Katie AlenderThe Doll in the Garden by Mary Downing HahnThe Haunted Dolls by Seon Manley
Haunted Dolls
27th out of 102 books — 8 voters
Doll Bones by Holly BlackBehind the Attic Wall by Sylvia CassedyAbyssinia by Ursula DubosarskyThe Doll in the Garden by Mary Downing HahnThe Museum of Mary Child by Cassandra Golds
Haunted Dolls - YA & MG
26th out of 74 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Tiffany who finally decided to change her name
Aug 31, 2010 Tiffany who finally decided to change her name rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tiffany who finally decided to change her name by: Ms. Hantman
So, last year we read this. It was really good and odd. It's interesting how I imagined everything. In the end, it is a suttle ending. It doesn't really give away anything. It's really cute, though. Now, here's a Tiffany Production-like thing.....

The Epilouge By: Tiffany and Jennifer: After Mrs. Shepherd gets arrested, she gets turned into a German Shepherd! The German Shepherd(Mrs. Shepherd) wanders around and transforms into a bystander named Evan. Evan's friend, Billy goes over for a playdate...more
Jen Bojkov
This was a strangely interesting story. I read it based on the recommendation of one of our students at the HS I work at and I liked it. It was quick and easy to read. Kind of a Gulliver's Island story. Definitely more for the MS crowd.
Jenben8426
Honestly, this book was pretty weird. I'm guessing that it is supposed to be a "tween" horror story. It wasn't awful but it wasn't that great either. Kyle Wilson is a pretty typical 9th grade kid. That is, until he is kidnapped, and shrunk to the size of a doll, the 4th in Mrs. Shepherd's collection of "Lambkins." They must figure out how to escape before it is too late.

Really this lady was pyscho and the reader never fully understands why. The resolution of the book is not satisfying at all. I...more
HaYlEy OdOm
The Lambkins was an ok book. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they were going on a plane ride or a long vacation and needed something to pass the time. This book is about a 9th grade boy, Kyle who is kidnapped and shrunken to the size of a polly pocket by a women who Kyle calls the sheperd. She puts him in her doll house and he meats 3 other kids, Tanya, Mac, and LuLu, and a dog, Pippy. They plot to escape the doll house and finally get home, but the main question is, will they ever fina...more
Kathy
Jul 10, 2007 Kathy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 8 years and older
This was a surprisingly good book that I checked out to read to the kids. It was so good, that one night, about half way through I just sat and finished it after the kids dozed off.

It surprised me in that it was rather scary compared to the books I read as a kid. It has the plot device of kids on their own, with no parents around, and in a dangerous situation. Quite a nice read for grade school kids (I would reserve it for 3rd grade and up) in that it is very easy to get lost in the story.
Hallie
The book Lambkins starts out as 9th grader Kyle is riding home on his bike from art class. He was so excited, someone had just bought his painting for 100 dollars! Then he saw a woman by the road. She said she had a flat tire and that she couldn't reach a spare in her trunk. Trying to help, he leaned into her trunk. Leaning in farther, he felt a sharp pain in his rear.
Virginia Brace
Kyle's been kidnapped and taken to the house of Mrs. Shepherd who lovingly keeps her Lambkins locked up in a house with no windows and no doors. John who was here before Kyle made her angry, and he is no longer here! They are all so tiny and powerless! How will they ever escape? Pretty good suspense and characterization.
Todd
IF YOU LIKED THIS TRY...

Things Not Seen (Things, #1) by Andrew Clements

Deceptive—seems for younger kids but really for IXs, Xs,… kidnapping, told from older kids POV.
Demonhunter
Really good book
Giggles
This is a great book for a fluffy read. For anything else, not that great. it's about kids who turn as small as a doll. Ya I know very creepy! But still, aright book. I personally would not recommend it.
Madison Brooke
Aug 07, 2008 Madison Brooke rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes freaky books
Recommended to Madison Brooke by: Chelsey my buddy
Claudia Choi
What happens when your shrunken, and forced to live in a doll house that has no windows and doors? This horrible event happens to 5 children and a dog. What will you do?
Kirsten Murphy
This was definitely not what I expected from Eve Bunting!

Definitely a creepy premise for readers who enjoy the unbelievable!
Woohoo! A horror story for tweens and anyone uncomfortable with old ladies who cherish dollhouses.
casey
May 01, 2007 casey rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: litttle kids
this is a really good book for little kids and there parents.
Rachel
Oct 03, 2009 Rachel added it
It was a great book till the end the ending was terrible
Shane
Nov 22, 2011 Shane added it
The book was very good.
Tara
Tara is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2014
Jimmyturner
Jimmyturner marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Unsolved Mystery
Unsolved Mystery marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Heba
Heba added it
Aug 24, 2014
Bren Wong
Bren Wong is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2014
OddModicum Rachel
OddModicum Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Tressa
Tressa marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
19126
Also known as Evelyn Bolton and A.E. Bunting.

Anne Evelyn Bunting, better known as Eve Bunting, is an author with more than 250 books. Her books are diverse in age groups, from picture books to chapter books, and topic, ranging from Thanksgiving to riots in Los Angeles. Eve Bunting has won several awards for her works.

Bunting went to school in Ireland and grew up with storytelling. In Ireland, “The...more
More about Eve Bunting...
Smoky Night Fly Away Home The Wall S.O.S. Titanic Flower Garden