Start by marking “Juniata, River of Sorrows: One Man's Journey Into a River's Tragic Past” as Want to Read:
Juniata, River of Sorrows: One Man's Journey Into a River's Tragic Past

Juniata, River of Sorrows: One Man's Journey Into a River's Tragic Past

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A stirring documentary of Dennis McIlnay's trip on the 100- mile Juniata River in central Pennsylvania, and a moving portrait of some of the Juniata's earliest -- and bloodiest -- events.
Published January 15th 2003 by Seven Oaks Press (first published January 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Juniata, River of Sorrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juniata, River of Sorrows

Jess
Update: I read this book a few years ago, and at the time I thought it was just "okay." I'm so glad I gave it another go. This time I enjoyed it quite a lot more, and had a lot less difficulty reading it. This probably has to do with the fact that not only am I a few years older, but I am also more familiar with the areas that Dennis McIlnay was discussing throughout the book. For fans of local history and for fans of nature, I'd definitely recommend this one!

Review 2008: Okay, so let's see...I
Jeff
Great read if your interested in history, (local for me) or fishing. It helps that the author autographed my copy!
Marzdote
Interesting Pennsylvania history and a lot of information on fishing
Ben Fogle
Ben Fogle marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
DH
DH marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Bradie
Bradie added it
Feb 10, 2013
The Horseshoe Curve: Sabotage and Subversion in the Railroad City The Wreck of the Red Arrow: An American Train Tragedy How Foundations Work: What Grantseekers Need to Know about the Many Faces of Foundations Foundations And Higher Education: Dollars, Donors, And Scholars