Start by marking “Grown Folks Business” as Want to Read:
Grown Folks Business

Grown Folks Business

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  652 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Sheridan's husband wanted to stop living a lie, but how was she going to live her life knowing the truth?

"There's no other way to say this. I'm in love with someone else." With these words, Sheridan Hart's life as she knows it comes to a crashing halt. She thought she was living every woman's dream: for the past seventeen years of marriage, Quentin had been a model husban
Published June 7th 2005 by Touchstone (first published June 12th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Grown Folks Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grown Folks Business

Sophie Sealy
A tried and true classic.
I had read this book some time ago. I remember being, nervous, anxious, abandoned, alone, hopeful, sad and every emotion a woman done wrong can feel, all those emotions powered me to finish the book in record time. This time I decided to read it again in preparation for the release of "Forever An Ex". While the emotions remain the same I was able to read it at leisurely pace and really connect to what Sheridan was going through. Now based on the subject matter many will
Caroline Haithcoath
Phenomenal!

Victoria did the darn thang on this one! #GrownFolksBusiness forces you to look into your own idiosyncrasies surrounding morals and religion and just everyday life in general! Could you imagine your spouse coming home one day AFTER 17 years of marriage and 2 children to say he/she is in love with someone else- AND that someone else is the same sex as he/she is??? The opposite of you?! The angst and anger and frustration and disappointment and hurt and all the other emotions that must
Lasonya M.
Aug 12, 2008 Lasonya M. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE THAT LIKES TO READ!
Recommended to Lasonya by: Teirra
Make sure you have the day off before you read the first page of this book, you won't be able to put it down!
Carmen Blalock
Life is hard. Then add in marriage, children, death and it can become overwhelming!

Quentin and Sheridan Hart owners and creators of Hart to Heart greeting cards company have a great life, the perfect marriage, 2 perfect kids, Quentin is a Doctor and Sheridan is a stay at home mom who loves the fact that she is Quentin's inspiration in his writing and he inspires her. One day when Quentin comes to Sheridan and informs her about some struggles that he has been having it seems all of his life, The
Aisha
Apr 12, 2013 Aisha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YES
This book this book this book.....awesome. Ups and downs, turmoil, and happiness wrapped all in one book. This book delivers a lot, the happiness of marriage, the heart brokenness of love, the spiritual warfare's of life but the joy of hope. Also, sheds a light on how parents shouldn't ignore their children's cry for help during a time of devastation. Children are not able to express themselves verbally and deal with life burdens differently than adults. Lesson...please pay attention to children ...more
Debby
Well done story about a difficult topic. When wealthy African-American Sheridan is unxpectedly confronted by her husband of 17 years leaving her for another man, it rocks her world. She has to learn to cope with his secrets as well as try to keep her children stable. There are a multitude of challenges that arise, but she learns to rely on her faith to make the hard decisions. NOT squeakly clean as would be expected in Christian fiction, but well done.
SlimmGoodie
This book was kind of slow for me, but interesting in its viewpoint. It was also thought provoking for me, cause I don't know what I would have done if that were me. I also know someone who went through the same thing, I never asked her in detail about her journey overcoming this situation in her life. So to me this book was kind of personal in a sense. This shared a life that not many tell. I look forward to reading more of her books.
Pearl
Apr 16, 2010 Pearl rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
I love Victoria Christopher Murray's writing style, and she didn't let me down on this one. It was one of her longer novels but the story line was good. Sheridan's world was turned upside down after hearing that her husband, high school sweetheart was in love with another. . . not woman, but man. The pain and disruption this brought to her and kids. Its painful, romantic, tears . . . really enjoyed!
Lisa Brown
One of my FAVORITE authors. A page turner. Each word has you waiting for the next. Excellent read.
Sharonbrown
good trash... lol -- no main points, no earth shattering revelations -- one of those "i left my wife for a man and i don't know why" kinda novels -- fast reading with funny scenarios because you just keep thinking "oh-no-you-didn't" and then laugh uproariously and turn the page! not your standard christian genre!
Corinne
I just finished reading this book and thought it was very good, the conflict and response in the book mirrors unfortunately what some women have to go thru, when men aren't honest about their true feelings. the books explores different points of view w/o being judgemental. i really enjoyed this book.
April Buchanan
Great read! Definitely a page turner. It keeps you wondering what happens next. You can feel each character's emotion. I recommend this book to anyone that has not read it. It's about love, loss, the ups and downs of raising children, pride, betrayal, trust & maintaining your faith through it all.
Jasmyne Jackson
Good read. I wish I would have seen if Sheridan would have married Brock. I love part 2 and hope one comes out soon. I want to see how life was after Quentin.
Jasmine
Oct 04, 2008 Jasmine rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: grown folks
Recommended to Jasmine by: my mom
This was a great book that showed a family divided after heartbreaking secrets come to the light.
Cheryl A.
Eh, I've read better. By the end, all of the characters had worked my nerves.
Lisa
All of Ms. Murray books are great reads, I so enjoyed them all. Christian books
Samantha
Terrible book, the whole book is on the back! I knew it was too good to b true
Shauna Babb-atwell
Loved ALL of her books. She's a great author.
Benita
This book was great.
Darlene Jordan
This was Giid & heartbreaking
Leesa
Pastor Curtis Black.....Luv It!
Kyre Coleman
Kyre Coleman marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Michelle Jackson
Michelle Jackson marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Joyce Jones
Joyce Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
  • Everybody Say Amen
  • Jezebel
  • Second Sunday
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black, #5)
  • The Preacher's Son
Victoria Christopher Murray is the author of nine Essence bestselling novels, including The Ex Files; Too Little, Too Late; and Lady Jasmine. Winner of the African American Literary Award for Fiction and Author of the Year (Female), she splits her time between Los Angeles and Washington DC.
More about Victoria Christopher Murray...
A Sin and a Shame Too Little, Too Late The Deal, the Dance, and the Devil Temptation Lady Jasmine