Start by marking “Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 3

Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 3 (Angel Sanctuary #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,226 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Despite Setsuna's efforts to deny his love for his sister, he can't allow her to leave the country without letting her know how he feels, but how can she feel about love that borders on incest? She may never live to find out, because an angel has been sent down from heaven just for her—just to make sure that she dies! The two demons from hell, Kurai and Arachne, are still ...more
Published August 10th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 3

Carina
May 09, 2015 Carina rated it liked it
So... finally we get some awesome plot along with some... ewwwwwww.

As a fan of anime and manga I know that they often go down what a lot of others would consider 'weird' routes - I think I touched upon this in my reviews of the Cardcaptor Sakura books but the inappropriateness there is very much a sub-plot that I can ignore, the eww in this book (aka the incest) is a major part of the plot and therefore not at all ignorable. If you ignore the fact the two leads are related (hard to do considerin
Lesedelfin
Apr 02, 2015 Lesedelfin rated it it was amazing
Lynn Rainbow
Mar 29, 2016 Lynn Rainbow rated it it was amazing
So many plot twists and character development in this one! LOVED IT!! (Sara is also even more annoying but anyways...)
Lissibith
Feb 22, 2015 Lissibith rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga
We learned a decent amount about Setsuna's sempai Kira in the last volume, but here we get to see a lot more about his complicated relationship with his father and understand better the endless, horrible cycle that he and Setsuna are a part of. But something's changed this time around, and it's hard to tell if it's for better or worse.

Also, Setsuna's new resolve means a big change for his life - but will fate allow Alexiel, in any form, happiness? This is only the third book out of 20 so I think
Nameh dah
May 26, 2015 Nameh dah rated it it was amazing
Este tomo es especialmente hermoso, sobretodo porque se aleja un poco del par protagonista. El enfoque está puesto sobre la espada, y la espada es muy grande... Su historia demasiado encantadora.
Se disfruta cada línea de las reflexiones. Y ese encuentro en sueños... uff, mucha emoción.
Vanessa
Feb 29, 2012 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Even though the ending was super tragic (and sad), I really loved the third installment of Angel Sanctuary! It's one of my favorite mangas and I love it for being original and thought provoking. Kaori Yuki is so talented! I was amazed yet again by her beautiful and detailed illustrations and creative plot.

I like how she confronts the theme of morality and why we say certain things are right and wrong. There is also the issue of trust and how we put our trust into certain people only to be betra
Maria Belen
Jan 09, 2015 Maria Belen rated it liked it
Un tomo, en lo personal, difícil de leer ya que el incesto me incomoda un poco, lo siento Setsuna y Sara pero no logro conectar con ustedes. Menos mal que hay mas tramas y personajes (cof, cof, Kira, cof) que llaman mi atención, eso si, el final de este tomo no te deja indiferente.

Rating 3.9
Aleina
Feb 25, 2016 Aleina rated it liked it
Shelves: wishlist
I just feel like the whole incest thing really holds me back from liking the book to its full extent. :( It's a great story though and even when it can be hard to follow it won't take long before you're saying, "Ohhhhh!! Now I get it!"
Christina
Jul 18, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it
Sara's mother attempts to take her away to England to marry her off to a young, wealthy businessman. Kurai runs to tell Setsuna of this news while he is being interrogated by police officers for Kato's murder, and immediately Setsuna shakes them off and runs straight to the airport to declare his incestuous love for her.
Unable to leave the one she loves most, Sara abandons her mother and runs away with Setsuna to another country.
With Kira's help and blessing, they are now the happiest they could
earthy
Apr 02, 2009 earthy rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, ya, manga
Setsuna's and Sara's relationship gets Tragic (well, more tragic than before), Kira shows his true colors, and Tokyo gets destroyed (again). I actually thought the interaction between Setsuna and Sara was sweet, if a bit over the top, and the development of Setsuna's relationships with other characters, particularly Kira, are intriguing. Everyone in this manga is so ridiculously screwed up, you sort of can't stop reading (it's very much a train wreck scenario).

Anyway, here ends the first plot ar
Cerys
Apr 17, 2014 Cerys rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A really addicting fun, slightly disturbing but still highly enjoyable novel. I really want to read volume 4 but I'm not sure when I'm able to get my hands on it so it may be a while yet :(
Scott Roberts
Nov 22, 2014 Scott Roberts rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angel-sanctuary
The book cover looks pretty.
Nikki Kelly
Aug 30, 2007 Nikki Kelly rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stellar. The art is amazing and so is the storyline. It's totally original. The manga is MUCH better than the time-crammed anime version.

WARNING: it's not for the faint of heart. It features lots of blood and a twinge of incest.
Michelle
Oct 30, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
(haha, the cover picture of this book is a bit awkward). I love mostly everything Kaori Yuki writes, so I loved this manga!
Jody Mena
Jun 01, 2015 Jody Mena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I adore this entire series. Kaori Yuki is a masterful storyteller and a talented artist.
Jack Olsson
Jack Olsson is currently reading it
Nello
Nello rated it it was amazing
Jacky
Jacky rated it it was ok
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Clover
Clover rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2016
Liannon
Liannon rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2016
Jefferson Garcia
Jefferson Garcia marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Natasha Creedon
Natasha Creedon rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Kira
Kira marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
  • X/1999, Volume 10: Fugue
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 4
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 13: Ten'nyo
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 6
Kaori Yuki (see also 由貴 香織里) is a female Japanese manga artist best known for her gothic manga such as Earl Cain, its sequel Godchild, and Angel Sanctuary. Yuki debuted in 1987 with Natsufuku no Erii (夏服のエリー) which ran in the manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume published by Hakusensha.

Her work is typically serialized in one of Hakusensha's two shōjo manga anthologies, Bessatsu Hana to Yume and
More about Kaori Yuki...

Angel Sanctuary (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 1