Start by marking “The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)

The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  517 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Since the beginning of time, the angelic forces of the High Heavens and the demonic hordes of the Burning Hells have been locked in the Eternal Conflict for the fate of all Creation. That struggle has now spilled over into Sanctuary -- the world of men. Determined to win mankind over to their respective causes, the forces of good and evil wage a secret war for mortal souls ...more
Published September 25th 2007 by Pocket (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Veiled Prophet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Veiled Prophet

Amy
Oh thank the stars, I'm done.

Okay, I really do love the Diablo games, and the other books not in the Sin War series aren't bad. I like Knaak's writing in Warcraft, and there are some parts to this that I enjoyed, but over all, this series was a chore to get through. I had no empathy with the main characters, the plot was strained in sections, and it ended up feeling more like an episode of Dragonball Z, where the combatants stand around powering up for 3 episodes, punching each other once, then
Daniel Facchini
Feb 10, 2014 Daniel Facchini rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Diablo fans
It is rather difficult to review the third book of a series without spoilers. But I will try.
Of all Richard A. Knaak's books, this one was the best, in my opinion. Although by the end of it you realize that the name of Trilogy seems misplaced. When I started reading "The Sin War" I thought I would read about that said conflict. Yet, the real action of the Sin War itself (which is the name given to the Eternal Conflict when it spilled over Sanctuary) had only come to pass in the ending.
And that
Ray Hoffman
Crazy good ending, awesome storyline.
Adam Boudreau
I just finished this book last week. After reading the first two, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this story. The part that really interested me was the theological aspects that were greatly intertwined within the story, especially the part of the Nephilim (Edyrem). I must say that I did not predict this ending to the story, I sort of suspected it because of the story-line in the video games, but I had no idea it would be like this.

This conclusion is much more profound and far more action pa
Shane
While I sufficiently enjoyed this series, I can't stress enough how important it is that you're a fan of the series in order to do so.

Knaak does an excellent job of introducing the new characters, Uldyssian, Mendeln, Serenthia, Achillios and the like, as well as their respective backgrounds. Although set 3,000 years prior to the events of the games, some of the major characters in the game do appear, mainly main protaganists/antagonists of the High Heavens and The Burning Hells, those being Ina
Kerris
Ja si nemuzu pomoct, ale na to, jak se mi zbytek serie libil, tohle mi prislo takove uz... bleh. Jednoduse mi to nesedlo a nepripadalo mi to jako nejake skvostne zakonceni serie. Nemit to jako jedinou knihu na prednasce, ktera se nedala poslouchat, tak to budu cist asi jeste hoooodne dlouho.
Andrei Silviu
I read the whole series. This fact is not due in the least to the quality of the books but to the fact that I liked to play Diablo II a lot.
The series is quite weak from a literary point of view. It is written in a childish manner. It is beyond me why Knaak chose to write it as for dumb teenagers when it could have been so much more.
During the whole series I was hoping to get a bit more info on the basic lore of the Diablo universe. It turns out that I didn't get nearly as much as I hoped for.
Freezard
This third and final part of The Sin War trilogy focuses on the Cathedral of Light and its leader Inarius. It starts out pretty slow but gets better for every page and the final scene is the climax of the trilogy and is really exciting with some unexpected twists. For the first time you will see the angels play a big role as well as learn some more background story on the demons and their intention with Sanctuary and the Nephalem. Also it was nice to read about something that is closely tied to ...more
Tiffany
The series was ok. The first book was pretty lame, but sets up the story. The second had one really good fight scene. The third got kind of super sayan. There's no real logic or limits to the powers, it got more and more ridiculous. Plot holes galore, but I didn't focus on them. I'll continue reading these books because I'm loyal to the game, and in the end they really do make me want to replay Diablo 1 & 2 :)
TL Jeffcoat
The stunning conclusion to an already stunning trilogy. I absolutely loved the ending and I don't think it could have ended any other way. With even more development of characters that are already deep, the book does not fail in extraordinary. Especially with the powerful ending. One of my favorite fantasy books of all time. Hands down.
DJ
Sep 20, 2014 DJ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Diablo
The last book of the trilogy, and also the best.
While I still am not a huge fan of Knaak's writing style, it no long bother me at all to read because I was engaged with the story. Battles scene were terrific, and it was one of the fews time where I pleased and thought the ending was perfect.
Alex Suslin
Simply addictive, after every paragraph I can't resist the temptation to read a little bit more and occasionally I have just 3 hours before I get up and 4 hours before I have to be at work... and still, one page more :-)
Владимир Ленин
A good ending for the trilogy, even if it seemed as if there could be several other books.
Kathy Robbins
Very exciting end to a really good trilogy. Highly recommend for those that love fantasy.
Derek Ide
I'm genuinely confused as to why anyone would rate this higher than 2-3 stars.
Seekusa
Jun 15, 2011 Seekusa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
may be this will be a good one to start with in goodreads....
Alexandru-Rudi Mățău
A great ending to the great war that was the Sin War.
Andrew
Another amazing book by my favorite author.
Roald De Vries
Roald De Vries marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Peter Heffernan
Peter Heffernan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Dena
Dena marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Richard
Richard is currently reading it
May 05, 2015
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Shadow Hunters (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #2)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Diablo III: Book of Tyrael
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #4)
  • StarCraft: Frontline, Volume 1 (Starcaft)
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...

Diablo: The Sin War (3 books)
  • Birthright (Diablo: The Sin War, #1)
  • Scales of the Serpent (Diablo: The Sin War, #2)
The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1) Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1) The Well of Eternity (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1) Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1) The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)