Start by marking “Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge” as Want to Read:
Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge

Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge

"New York" Times bestselling author JAYNE ANN KRENTZ, writing as Stephanie James, delivers sizzling and compelling characters in a classic romance

Leya Brandon didn't know what--if "anything"--she could believe of all Court Tremayne told her. He'd already lied about his name. And while she thought her heart clearly wasn't at risk, she'd clearly underestimated his all-consum
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin Books (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge

Kathi Sharp
Jul 01, 2010 Kathi Sharp rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Court Tremayne is a dangerous man. I don't mean dangerous as in "ooohh chills!". I mean dangerous as in "he should be institutionalized". His possessiveness of Leya spills over into an unhealthy obsessiveness and his physical threats to her made me cold. Couldn't finish the book. I like Jayne Ann Krentz as a writer but I do not like her choice of "hero" for this book.
Jean
Aug 14, 2012 Jean rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, jak
I'm heartbroken. This is the first JAK novel I didn't like. However, it is one of her early works and had been very rough around the edges. There were familiar moments which had the finesse we're used to seeing in her later works but the male character was just too alpha and rough around the edges. The contest of wills tended to border on near-date rape scenes. The novel also lacked the usual intrigue that is mixed in with the courtship. This novel was pure courtship with a little corporate mani ...more
Jadzia
Aug 28, 2012 Jadzia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hq, contemporary
That was horrible. Possibly the worst book ever written by Ms. Krentz. The hero was so possesive I couldn't read what he was saying, it was just sick. If I ever met a man like that in the real life I'd run fast and far. And the heroine was seemingly similar to all the others, but she was lacking something. And the story was boring.
Lisa
This was not a good story. The hero, Court, is physically and sexually abusive throughout the first 2/3 of it, and there's no actual chemistry between him and the heroine, Leya. All they do is bicker the whole time before magically "admitting" that they love each other in the last few pages. And the thing that really appalled me is the behavior of Leya's brother, Keith. He not only encourages Court to abuse his sister, he actually helps facilitate it!! Disgusting!

(view spoiler)
pianogal
Jun 24, 2008 pianogal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
I found this book while I was looking for something else, and I decided to get it too. It was a quick read (just over 2 hours), but I thought the story was pretty well written. I'm not sure I'dve fallen in love with Court - he was kind of a jerk - but I did like Leya.
Lynn
Feb 18, 2017 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG FANTASTIC!

There is absolutely nothing in this world that is better than a JAK romance. It doesn't matter which name she is writing under her books satisfy everything a romance is supposed to be.
Farah
Sep 04, 2013 Farah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero was nuts but strangely he made me laugh quite a lot and that had him growing on me , that man just doesn't know when to quit , I laughed so hard at him and at Leya , the battle of wills between them was hilarious and brutal. Court carrying Leya like a sack of potatoes when she wouldn't leave with him had me in laughing fits ...I'm sure if it wasn't so damn funny I would have gotten angry at him but the way he does things so seriously when they're just really crazy was hilarious. Now t ...more
Barbi
Jul 08, 2016 Barbi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was awful! I did not even finish reading it since I got so upset with the male lead, Court, breaking into Leya's home. She didn't call the cops or anything else. She just stood there shocked that he had done it. Plus, every time he wanted to bring her closer to him, he wrapped her braid around his hand and tugged. She complained every time but kept doing it to her.
I stopped reading this book before Court became even more abusive because that is the path that this book was headed on.
UG
Tessa in Mid-Michigan
Jan 30, 2016 Tessa in Mid-Michigan rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Very poor writing, plot and everything else. Too much of 50 shades kind of behavior from the guy--really disturbing. And it didn't make sense in places nor was there much cohesion when it did make sense. Uneven and not recommended.
Maria
Very early Jayne Ann Krentz (1982), this one is repetitive and does not flow well. Added to that, my copy has a lot of typos, so it does not read smoothly on that level either. Nevertheless, any Jayne Ann Krentz is better than none.
Kristine
Jan 28, 2008 Kristine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was one of her older books so there's still that 70's battle of the sexes vibe. It's still a good read.
PG13
Rexanna Ipock-Brown
You can tell this is some of Krentz's early works. It lacks many of the qualities I like in her later works. The male is too alpha and I miss her use of the paranormal.
February Four
It was nice to see a book in which the guy and girl both aren't playing games (even if they misunderstand each other's intentions).
Judy Goodnight
An early work that is stuck in the early 80's vibe
Barbarawombatgmail.com
Dated Harlequin romance from the 80s
Annette Meier
Aug 21, 2013 Annette Meier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and amusing bantering between two very strong personalities! Delightful
Wendy Morgan
Nov 28, 2011 Wendy Morgan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really didn't like this book. The main characters seemed to be locked in an abusive relationship. Definitely not worth a re-read!!! Glad I borrowed it rather than waste any money on buying it.
Janice
Jan 02, 2014 Janice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-paper
miscommunication
Janice Hildreth
May 09, 2012 Janice Hildreth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not good, again bad relationship via manipulation
Y
Jun 03, 2016 Y rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow...this book was so uninteresting, I even tried going into chapter 2, but no can do. I also couldn't stand that as they conversed, almost every sentence ended with an exclamation!
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2010
Jill M Shurtleff
Jill M Shurtleff rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
Lyn
Lyn rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2012
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Kelli Cox
Kelli Cox rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Pixie
Pixie rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2011
Peggy Forlifer
Peggy Forlifer rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
Tina
Tina rated it did not like it
Dec 19, 2016
Betty Lewis
Betty Lewis rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2011
  • The Devil To Pay
  • Bargain With The Devil
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...