Start by marking “Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge” as Want to Read:
Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge

Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  398 ratings  ·  15 reviews
"New York" Times bestselling author JAYNE ANN KRENTZ, writing as Stephanie James, delivers sizzling and compelling characters in a classic romance

Leya Brandon didn't know what--if "anything"--she could believe of all Court Tremayne told her. He'd already lied about his name. And while she thought her heart clearly wasn't at risk, she'd clearly underestimated his all-consum
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin Books (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stormy Challenge Stormy Challenge

Jean
I'm heartbroken. This is the first JAK novel I didn't like. However, it is one of her early works and had been very rough around the edges. There were familiar moments which had the finesse we're used to seeing in her later works but the male character was just too alpha and rough around the edges. The contest of wills tended to border on near-date rape scenes. The novel also lacked the usual intrigue that is mixed in with the courtship. This novel was pure courtship with a little corporate mani ...more
Kathi Sharp
Court Tremayne is a dangerous man. I don't mean dangerous as in "ooohh chills!". I mean dangerous as in "he should be institutionalized". His possessiveness of Leya spills over into an unhealthy obsessiveness and his physical threats to her made me cold. Couldn't finish the book. I like Jayne Ann Krentz as a writer but I do not like her choice of "hero" for this book.
Jadzia
That was horrible. Possibly the worst book ever written by Ms. Krentz. The hero was so possesive I couldn't read what he was saying, it was just sick. If I ever met a man like that in the real life I'd run fast and far. And the heroine was seemingly similar to all the others, but she was lacking something. And the story was boring.
pianogal
I found this book while I was looking for something else, and I decided to get it too. It was a quick read (just over 2 hours), but I thought the story was pretty well written. I'm not sure I'dve fallen in love with Court - he was kind of a jerk - but I did like Leya.
Farah
The hero was nuts but strangely he made me laugh quite a lot and that had him growing on me , that man just doesn't know when to quit , I laughed so hard at him and at Leya , the battle of wills between them was hilarious and brutal. Court carrying Leya like a sack of potatoes when she wouldn't leave with him had me in laughing fits ...I'm sure if it wasn't so damn funny I would have gotten angry at him but the way he does things so seriously when they're just really crazy was hilarious. Now t ...more
Rexanna
You can tell this is some of Krentz's early works. It lacks many of the qualities I like in her later works. The male is too alpha and I miss her use of the paranormal.
Bungluna
More like stormy rape and pillage.
Barbarawombatgmail.com
Dated Harlequin romance from the 80s
Maria
Very early Jayne Ann Krentz (1982), this one is repetitive and does not flow well. Added to that, my copy has a lot of typos, so it does not read smoothly on that level either. Nevertheless, any Jayne Ann Krentz is better than none.
Wendy Morgan
I really didn't like this book. The main characters seemed to be locked in an abusive relationship. Definitely not worth a re-read!!! Glad I borrowed it rather than waste any money on buying it.
February Four
It was nice to see a book in which the guy and girl both aren't playing games (even if they misunderstand each other's intentions).
Kristine
This was one of her older books so there's still that 70's battle of the sexes vibe. It's still a good read.
PG13
Annette Meier
Funny and amusing bantering between two very strong personalities! Delightful
Judy Goodnight
An early work that is stuck in the early 80's vibe
Janice Hildreth
Not good, again bad relationship via manipulation
Kimmie Mae
Kimmie Mae marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Sarah added it
Jan 16, 2015
Cathy Beckett
Cathy Beckett marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
  • The Devil To Pay
  • Power Play (Candlelight Ecstasy, #79)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...
Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7) (Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) All Night Long Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3) Smoke in Mirrors