Start by marking “On the Loose” as Want to Read:
On the Loose

On the Loose (Katie Parker Productions #2)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  1,099 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Life is looking up for teenage Katie Parker. After being placed in a new home, she's finally adjusting to her foster family. But tragedy shakes her fragile world as a tornado rips through the town of In Between and her foster mother is diagnosed with cancer. Faced with the possibility of losing a loved one, Katie begins to doubt if God really does care.

Making matters worse
Published February 27th 2014 by Th1nk Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about On the Loose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Loose

Halee
Jun 09, 2015 Halee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 12 an up...Anyone who likes Contemporary!
~Six months into her stay with her foster parents, Katie Parker is finally adjusting to her new family. But when a tornado rips through the town of In Between, nothing is ever the same. When her foster mom, Millie, is diagnosed with cancer, Katie begins to doubt if God really does care. What will happen to Katie? Could she possibly have to leave In Between and the family she's come to depend on? Things spiral even further out of control when Katie juggles a malfunctioning best friend, Spring Bre ...more
Jill Williamson
This book is hysterical!

On the Loose is the second book in the Katie Parker Production by Jenny B. Jones. Just when Katie Parker is getting used to life with her foster family, a tornado blows the roof off Mad Maxine’s house. Since her foster grandma has no place to go, guess who Katie’s new roomie is? Then Millie is diagnosed with breast cancer. Katie can’t believe God would allow such horrible things to happen to the Scotts. She worries constantly about her foster mom’s health and is angry the
H
This was a strong follow-up to In Between, with a marked (to me) maturity in the writing. I really enjoyed Katie's character and narration in this one, where in the last it was a little overwhelmed by too many witticisms/sarcastic remarks, and I enjoyed seeing her grow and become stronger because of her struggles. I especially liked her conversion, her experiences at the youth service camp; I thought that was told really well and portrayed really well. And as a side note, her church is cool. A b ...more
C.J. Darlington
There's no such thing as sophomore slump for Jenny B. Jones. I wondered if she could write a sequel to In Between that was just as good. She did! In fact, On the Loose is even better than In Between. It's all here. The crazy antics (with Mad Maxine right in the middle), the heart-wrenching moments . . . all the struggles of being Katie Parker, the sixteen-year-old foster kid of a pastor and his wife.

Some of the best moments occur between Katie & Maxine. Since a tornado has ripped through In
Kathleen Fuller
Romance abounds in this second installment of Katie Parker Productions. Well, almost. Jones has a fantastic knack for creating wacky characters who are both funny and poignant. This includes the hero, Katie Parker, who is finding her way as a foster kid, a high schooler, and an aspiring actress. Maxine is up to her usual hijinks, with facial mask and Ginger Rogers in tow. Another excellent book in what is proving to be an awesome series.
Bubble Bathbooks
Bubby: I have found a new favorite author – and so has my teenage daughter. You know an author is good when I finish a book and NEED to buy the next two books immediately, which is exactly what happened with the Katie Parker books by Jenny B. Jones. And as for my daughter? I let her read the first book one morning during the last days of summer vacation and I swear to you she did absolutely nothing else except read. All three books. Luckily she reads freakishly fast!

Sissy: Here’s the thing about
Natalie Allen
Amazingly funny, light hearted and uplifting

This book has to be one of my favorites that I have ever read. It's extremely humorous and while having some serious moments, most of the time it's pretty light hearted. I must say, this book captivated me just like the first one. I can't wait to read the next one and find out what happens with Katie's mom, Bobbie and how things are with Frances and Nash....and so on....This book warps you into it's world and won't let you go back to reality till your
April
Katie Parker is a character not to be missed; nor this series! I laughed (out loud several times), I cried, and I devoured this novel! This may be a YA novel but I challenge anyone to give this series a try, you will not be disappointed. Jones is a brilliant author, who not only crafts a well written story but does it while keeping you completely charmed and captivated all the way through!

With witty writing, completely believable and likable characters, and insightful humor this novel navigates
Cathy Daniel
So good! I cried at the end! Can't wait to read book #3! I will be so sad to say goodbye to Katie Parker and company :(
Sami
AMAZING!!!!!!!!! THERE'S NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS BOOK EXCEPT FOR AMAZING!!!
J.C.
This book was hysterical and hilarious. Katie Parker is the best teenager ever. She is full of smart comments, sarcasm, and otherwise funny things that had me laughing every other sentence. Yet, her thoughts seem very realistic—like an average teen. She has gone through so much, and though her thoughts may have some negative sarcasm, she is great at looking on the bright side (though she’d never admit it). Katie is truly an amazing person and character and my only regret is that she is only a fi ...more
Hannah
Do you want to laugh? If you do, go check out, or BUY any book by Jenny B. Jones. I just can't get enough of her books! Seriously. That good!

This book deserves EVERY star it got.

I love the plot. Jenny just pulls you into Katie's story a beautiful contemp filled with funny twists and emotional scenes this book will make you shift moods and just keep your nose in this book till you finish. So engaging! Jenny B. Jones has a really great writing style that just appeals to you. Teen girls in partic
Michelle

About the book:

Making matters worse, Katie is accused of stealing at school. But in the middle of her chaotic-and often humorous-life, Katie rec
Pamela Hubbard
As Katie Parker settles into her new life in In Between, Texas, and gets closer to her foster family, a tornado, both literal and figurative shakes everything up. As Katie and her family deal with the clean up from the tornado, her foster mother is diagnosed with cancer, she is forced to work on a school project with a guy she has conflicted feelings for (but whose girlfriend is horrible to Katie) and also deals with the attention of a popular senior. She tries to figure out the right path to ta ...more
Angi
This was another great book! I feel like each book is dealing with the question of- Where is God when things are going wrong? It also deals with the way parents try to protect kids from harsh realities by keeping details from them. Unfortunately is doesn't usually work, it only makes them anxious and worried.

Through the tornado and cancer, Katie learns about faith and about having faith. It's funny in a slapstick, silly way. Sometimes you cringe, sometimes you laugh.
Hannah
Hmm... So, I had mixed feelings on these books. I read all three books on vacation at the beach, which was the perfect place to devour the series. They were sweet and fun, but I felt like they were ultimately a bit unfulfilling. I wanted a bit more - they never really felt like emotional reads, even though all the elements were there. It also got a little cheesy or over-the-top at times. And, honestly, I suspect I might have liked them more when I was an actual teenager. So, I ended up feeling m ...more
Kristen
I enjoyed this book much more than the first! It had more drama thrown in to it, plus a bit of a romance build up. I found it interesting how naive Katie was, given her past. Which you kind of know about, but I wish we knew more and got to see more. But she grows in the book and starts to stick up for herself and own up for her mistakes. Can't wait to read more of her story!
Stacey Goans
Good read

I stumbled across this book series completely on accident. It's a young adult Christian series I probably wouldn't have chosen to read. But it caught my attention. Katie Parker is a likeable girl, and you just want to see her do well & succeed. They are quick reads but if you're looking for something light and faith based, check these out.
anne braxton
Highly recommended

All teenagers should read about Katie Parker's journey through the trials of high school, and, most importantly, her struggles with faith in a loving GOD, when bad things are happening. Jenny Jones keeps her readers interested from start to finish....definitely not a cookie-cutter story.
Jaime Stevens
I read this book in a day. The characters and humor along with the serious parts connect really well. I also appreciate the Christian theme and that it's serious but the author keeps humor in it. I really feel that Katie's feelings about God are totally relatable and something I felt as a girl her age.
Andrea
Another great Katie Parker read. In this book Katie faces some difficult peer situations and a family crisis. I like how the crazy grandma has an original take on life and keeps the book from being too good to be true. There's very good modeling in this book of good friends and good parenting.
Lauren Ponte
In the second installation of the Katie Parker Productions series, Katie navigates family problems after the tornado that struck the town of In Between. This book has multiple different plot twists, and is a tear-jerker in some spots. Every page of the book is well constructed, and is very well developed.
Beverly Zearley
I got the first book of this series for free on Bookbub. When I finished the first one, instead of just reading another free book I had on my Nook, I immediately bought...yes, BOUGHT the second one. I have a new favorite author. I love Jenny B Jones' writing and how she causes me to go from laughing to crying and back to laughing! Great book...now I HAVE TO BUY THE NEXT ONE!!!!
Jillian
Still love how these books are written. I didn't think Jones would be able to top the first book, but the plot in this one was great.

Not a fan of how the whole boy - thing when down, but since this is more about the Girl growing up and wisening up, it was okay.
Joann
Great book

This is the 2nd book in the series and was just
As good as the first! I have come up love the characters and can't wait to see what next for them! I also enjoy all the biblical and spiritual topics!!!!
Lisa Blair
YA genre. Second book in a series, but could be read as a stand alone.
Covers life lessons. A christian perspective of redemption in the midst of hard things.
Full of wit (minus the sarcasm of book one). Hilarious grandmother!
Melissa
Love all things Jenny B. Jones, but the Katie Parker series is shaping up to be my favorite. Hilarious books, so relatable, great lessons, and simply love Katie and Mad Maxine. These books are SO worth the read!!!!
Andrea
I'm kind of sad. I was expecting more from Katie. I really liked the first book and had high hopes for this one. The start was good, the ending was beautiful but the middle of the book .... Katie was frustrating me, it seems to me that Katie was either blind or an idiot.

Still one of my favorite characters in this book was Maxine. Also I liked James, Millie, Charlie and Frances (even though she frustrated me a little bit too).

I do want to know what happens next, so I will keep reading to see how
Kim Moss
Jones does it again! I simply adore Katie P. and Mad Maxine! I liked the romance in this book a lot. I can't wait to read the rest of this series. She had me laughing and crying all in the same chapter.
Peggy Mitchell
Wonderful!

Wonderful!

I love the Katie Parker books! I love Katie Parker; she is so real, I can't wait to read the next book.
  • Match Point (Lauren Holbrook, #3)
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)
  • Out with the In Crowd (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #2)
  • At Face Value
  • A Healing Heart (Riverview Series #1)
  • When the Bough Breaks
  • Bourne (River of Time, #3.1)
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
  • The Winter of Candy Canes (Sweet Seasons, #3)
  • The Miracle Girls (Miracle Girls, #1)
  • Splitting Harriet
Four-time Carol Award winner Jenny B. Jones writes contemporary romance with wit, sass, and Southern charm. Since writing for both women and teens leaves her with very little free time, she believes in spending her spare hours in meaningful, intellectual pursuits, such as watching E!, going to the movies and inhaling large buckets of popcorn, and writing her name in the dust on her furniture. www. ...more
More about Jenny B. Jones...

Katie Parker Productions (4 books)
  • In Between (Katie Parker Productions, #1)
  • The Big Picture (Katie Parker Productions, #3)
  • Can't Let You Go (Katie Parker Productions #4)
There You'll Find Me So Not Happening (The Charmed Life, #1) In Between (Katie Parker Productions, #1) Save the Date I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)