Start by marking “Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence (Pregnant Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence (Pregnant Brides, #1)

Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence (Pregnant Brides #1)

Prince Jasim bin Hamid al Rais was concerned that his womanizing elder brother was bewitched by his child's nanny--the throne of Quaram could be threatened by scandal Though Elinor Tempest appeared to be a fragile beauty, Jasim wasn't fooled; he'd deal with this strumpet himself....Only after he'd ruthlessly seduced her did Jasim discover Elinor really had been a virgin--a ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Large Print, Harlequin Presents #2884, 256 pages
Published January 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence

MelissaB
*** 2 1/2 stars ***

This book had more Harlequin plot devices than you can shake a stick at. We had:

- Powerful rich Sheikh who has women falling at his feet from his unrelenting machismo. He is also very jaded and cynical after being duped by a socialite English party girl who went as far as - and I am not joking - having a hymen surgically added to make the hero think she was a virgin. So now he doesn't trust any women and knows that the heroine is just a slutty gold digger after his married bro
Jacqueline
1-1/2 stars. This was a bit tiresome. There was nothing different or fresh really even though I am generally a fan of LG's books. It was like one of those children's books where you choose a head for your heroine then a bodice then a skirt and finally shoes from preset options.

Virgin heroine drunk the first time they meet and wearing a formfitting dress, check off the "slut" mark.

His married brother seems to be enamored of her, the nanny, and the brother's wife wants the hero's help to get her o
Jenny
Mar 27, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was fantastic! The hero believes the heroine Elinor is sleeping with his married brother and seduces her in order to save his brother's wedding. But Elinor is innocent and she has no idea of Jasim's evil plan. She falls in love with him and she thinks he also has feelings for her. When she finds out Prince Jasim slept with her just to save his brother's marriage she flees alone and pregnant. Several months later Jasim finds her and takes her back to his kingdom so his son and ...more
Kaycee ❤️

It wasn't Ms. Graham's best but I liked it enough to enjoy this rather predictable marriage of convenience plot. Plus the fact that I loved the epilogue. It was not all about Jasim and Elinor and their happy ever after. There's also a resolution for the other characters in the book which is pretty nice.
Vintage
Ay caramba, I'm in the first chapter and the 2' by 4' is already needed. Based on the hysterical pleadings of his frumpy SIL and the fact that the h said her father took her horse away and allowed her no outside interests as a teenager, the H comes to the bright conclusion, sensual mouth tightening et al, that the h is a promiscuous slut and in need of seducing by him, of course. Asssistant: 2' by 4' stat. Bang, bang, bang and BANG!

Any typos are probably a result of my broken finger, thanks to s
Danielle
Syahira Sharif
nothing worth to note... still have some sweet moments but too mild for me.

Oh yeah... if the author ever found her way to read this review... "Aziz" is a boy's name and "Hayati" is a girl's name. Neither is a term of endearment. Sorry, I just cant read certain phrases when these words pop up in a 'mushy' sentence... *facepalm*
KC
Meh. The second half of the book wasn't as good as the first half; I was definitely bored by then. Elinor wore on my nerves by the time she married Jasim. Yes, she had a right to be mad but she acted more like a prickly, belligerent brat than a calm adult. I also felt Jasim only lusted after, not loved, Elinor. I didn't see in his actions anything that spoke of deeper affection so their Happy Ending seemed shaky.

So in all, this romance was less romantic than Lynne Graham's other work.
Gege86
Dec 29, 2012 Gege86 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was a classic Lynne Graham to the last bit. Ok the hero was supposed to be Arabic; but really he was an Arab in name only. I really hated that aspect of the story, but if I imagined he's a western man then yeah the story was enjoyable and the ending was perfect for me since I adore happy ending with a lot of kids.
Leigh
Theme: one night stand, pregnant at first sex, prince & nanny, playboy & naive heroine, virgin heroine

heorine = I don't know but I just cannot connect with her.

Hero = judgmental prig!

plot = nah... this is the first Lynne Graham book that I didn't like...

Mary Dulaney
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
3 stelline e mezzo
Booklover
I have read many Lynne graham books some are very good books few are disappointing,this book falls in my disappointing shelf

Hero Rasim is a Desert Prince who is brought with extreme discipline,his mother left his father n ran away with another man when he was a child later when he grows n takes on throne he meets Sophia whom he thought was a beautiful virgin woman n decided to marry her but media brought out the truth abt her how she is party animal,takes drugs and even has a smaller operation t
Robin
Jan 05, 2013 Robin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maura
Bookabulary
Sep 15, 2016 Bookabulary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a classic LG book with all the right ingredients for the sweet and totally riveting story with a dash of some very interesting characters. I can't ever refuse a second-chance love story, can I? I like!
Nonieღserenity2bliss
The first few chapters were alright, but then everything went from bad to worse after Elinor ran away with her unborn child. The H/h are prime examples of two characters that are ill-suited for one another. Jasim was an asshole from the start to the end. He must be one of the most judgmental fictional male character ever written in M&B history. Elinor was pretty likeable in the beginning, but after they were reconnected, every sentence that came out of her mouth ended with an exclamation poi ...more
Ceacily cici Sherly
Devz Milady
Sep 28, 2015 Devz Milady rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yes all Sheikhs secretly or not so secretly desire White women espl English/american women.
Not to mention, they stay away from the usual Harem stuff cos they're 'Westernized' ergo civilized.

And lets not forget the inevitable Christian touch - church wedding at the end or the bride remaining christian or the Sheikh actually being Christian cos his mama was Christian and so forth....

Wow! Delusional much?????????
Marblezzie
This was the first book in the Pregnant Brides series by Lynne Graham. The story was okay, I guess. I just didn't like that the lead characters spent most of their time fighting than capturing romance. And the hero Jasim was kinda disappointing 'coz he's rather cold towards Elinor and so matter-of-fact in his dealings with her. Totally unbecoming of a hero!
Calatasde
Aslında bu kitap benim için bir değişiklik oldu...neden derseniz tamam bakın ön yargılı değilim ama Araplarlardan hoşlanmıyorum nedense.bilmiyorum hoşlanmıyorum sadece.Yani Arap prensi hikaye kahramanı olan bir şey ilk defa okuyorum.Hoşuma gitti sayılmaz ama sevmiş de sayılmam.
Gene de ilginç bir kitaptı.Diyebileceğim bu kadar.
Ya iyi sayılır derecedeydi kitap.
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
The transition between scenes and places was not very well done. I also didn't really like the characters. I found the Prince to be a complete jerk for the majority of the novel and for some reason she still loved him anyhow. Not for me
Vanessa Jaye
Still on the Lynne Graham crack express. I just can't seem to quit her books. The romance part was unbelievable. I did not see the how or why these two fell in love, beside mutual lust. But it was a fun fast read.
Sangita Mazumder
Apr 03, 2013 Sangita Mazumder rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Its a good choice to spend a summer afternoon. The romance is good, and so the hero. the only point I disliked was the heroine, who seemed too innocent to me. However it doesn't matter as overall it was enjoyable.
Books&Friends
Okay. But not much more. For a supposed intelligent man he stretched my ability to suspend disbelief. He thinks seducing her will solve the problem. Seriously?!
Elinor fared better in my estimation and the only reason I gave this two stars.
My take.
Pam
May 18, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book. I would have it a 4.5. Only thing i did not care for is the Hero was too angry for too long in the book. I wished he had insisted on the second wedding and not his dad. Even though he was the one who made it perfect for her. It seemed as if he was forced again.
Akyraa
Jan 21, 2013 Akyraa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
too much of misunderstandings...just an avg read...
Elizabeth
Aug 24, 2014 Elizabeth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible hero. HORRIBLE
Tigger
Jan 16, 2016 Tigger rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really a good read! 3.5 stars
Sandra Gonzalez
i think i had read it before bc it felt really familiar. I don't think i've read the last of the series.
  • Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence
  • Tamed: The Barbarian King (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #2)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Baby Bargain (Greek Billionaire's Brides #1)
  • The Arabian Love-Child
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise (Duke Brothers #2)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • The Spanish Prince's Virgin Bride (Billionaires' Brides, #3)
  • The Sabbides Secret Baby
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • Majesty, Mistress...Missing Heir
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • The Brunelli Baby Bargain

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

Pregnant Brides (3 books)
  • Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife