Start by marking “Aliens In Underpants Save The World” as Want to Read:
Aliens In Underpants Save The World

Aliens In Underpants Save The World (Love Underpants)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  301 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Aliens in underpants are on a mission to save the world.
Hardcover
Published May 1st 2009 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Aliens In Underpants Save The World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens In Underpants Save The World

Alastair Jamieson
Sep 16, 2012 Alastair Jamieson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Aliens in Underpants Save the World’ is primarily a picture book with a four line rhyme on each double page that narrates the story of a group of friendly aliens who save the world.
The first few pages introduce the aliens and their love of human underpants with wonderfully bright and expressive illustrations, as the aliens aim for earth on a ‘pants-pinching mission’. However, their mission is interrupted as they see a huge meteorite heading towards earth. Fearful for their future supply of unde
Sarah Walsh
Nov 30, 2012 Sarah Walsh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a zany, rhyming, adventure story of how aliens from outer space help us save our world, all in the name of underpants. The story begins to unfold in space. As the aliens are on route to Earth to steal some underpants, they see a meteorite heading for the planet and in fear of not getting any underpants forever more they muster a plan to save the earth using giant underpants.
This book is a hilarious read for any key stage one class. It’s really helpful for counting as there are loads of
Katie Hanrahan
Discover the goodness of aliens in Claire Freedman's Aliens in Underpants Save the World. When disaster is about to strike Planet Earth, underwear-loving aliens come to the rescue. As a meteorite plummets toward Earth, the aliens do everything in their power to protect the planet that supplies their beloved underpants!

This book is clearly science fiction with its involvement of aliens and outer space. The illustrations are fairly realistic - with the exception of the aliens, since we do not real
Nasrin
Apr 30, 2014 Nasrin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about aliens landing on planet Earth, as the title suggests, aliens love underpants. This is a funny sotry about a metorite heading towards Earth and the aliens are determined to save the planet only because their underpants supply comes from planet Earth. In order to save the world they very cleverly make a ginormous underpant out of many small underpants. When the metorite comes to planet Earth it bounces right off because of the giant underpant!

This book is suitable for EYFS and
McKenna Banks
This is a super fun, silly read. It is about aliens that LOVE underpants. They go on a mission to save the Earth from being hit by a meteorite because then their supply of underpants will be cut off. They go down to earth in their spaceship and steal all the humans underpants out of their drawers. They stitch them all together and make a big slingshot that the meteorite bounces off of and back into space.

I really liked this book because it was so silly. The illustrations are also really cute. A
Zohra Patel
Apr 27, 2015 Zohra Patel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sequel to the much loved Aliens love Underpants book which Key Stage One children love so much. As the title suggests it is the Aliens who help us in this book. From the very outset, this book can be used to stimulate thought and discussion as to what may happen in the story, and suggestions as to how the aliens can save the world. It contains concepts such as meteorites, which can be explained to children, so there is also a scientific element to it as well. It is in catchy rhyming ve ...more
Library Quine
This is one of my favourite books to read aloud in storytimes. Claire FreedmanClaire Freedman's 'underpants' titles are all good, Aliens Love Underpants!, Dinosaurs Love Underpants: with audio recording, Aliens Love Panta Claus, but I enjoy reading Aliens In Underpants Save The World to children most of all!

Any book featuring underpants is bound to raise a chuckle, but this is such an fun and zany read. Aliens devise and execute a plan to save the earth using underpants! The rhyming text scans w
Anouschka Fernander
This book is an excellent introduction to rhyming words and really gets young children excited - who doesn't like aliens in underpants?!

While the aliens were on a pants-pinching misson, they notice a meteorite on their radar heading straight for Earth! The aliens want to save the world otherwise their pants supply would run out! On Earth, fire engines, police and air rescue were helpless, but the aliens came to Earth, found as many underpants as possible and stitched underwear together to make o
Erin
Aliens in Underpants Save the World is a well-illustrated and comical book about the day the aliens saved the world...using underpants! Back on Earth, satellites warned scientists that a meteorite would soon hit the earth, and the aliens in space knew just what to do! They landed on Earth and borrowed everyone's underwear, banding them together in one very large and stretchy underpant. As the meteorite tried to consume Earth, it hit the elastic underpants that stretched far across the sky, and i ...more
Den
Apr 17, 2015 Den rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I didn't realise there was another 'Aliens Love Underpants' book and so was glad when a pupil I was working with today chose this one for me to share with them. A meteorite is adding straight for earth. Humans can't do anything but the aliens can and they grab all the underpants they can find and make a shield from it, which the meteorite hits and pings back into space. Yes - the aliens have saved the day!!!
Lauren
Sep 23, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a cute book for the kiddos. Young boys love anything with aliens and underpants are funny. This book is written in rhyme. It starts with aliens wearing underpants. They see a meteor heading towards Earth and they spring into action. They don't want to lose the planet they get their underpants from so they want to help save Earth. They get all of the underpants they can find in Earth and sew one huge pair. The meteor bounces off of the big underpants and the aliens save the world so ...more
Ashley
I thought this one looked cute. Aliens save earth by stealing our underpants and sewing them into a gigantic sheet that bounces a meteorite back into space before it can enter earth's atmosphere. The moral is not to worry too much about aliens stealing your underpants because they have good intentions.
James Maxim
Apr 20, 2015 James Maxim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a silly book I read with my daughter. Got it from the Library. There are other books in the series that are funny as well. Every reader needs to read a book like this with a kid once in awhile. It helps us not be to serious.
Beth
Feb 25, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My placement class loved it - 4*

Children read the story, performed talk for writing and then ordered the story. This story is the basis of narrative genre teaching in year one English.
May 02, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: with-j
Who knew underpants were so ... functional?
A terrifically fun and funny book about a very important thing - saving the world. Oh - and being nice to those who are different ;)
Erin
Jun 03, 2014 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book! I read it to my son & loved the way it flowed to keep him interested. I loved the artwork the best... Especially the alien in the bloomers.
Joshua
Dec 31, 2015 Joshua rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite kids books ever. Silly humor that baby boy and daddy both enjoyed!
Christine McKenna Lok
Clever drawings and rhymes! Not sure when I want to explain meteors to my little one...
Zac Sigler
Jun 25, 2015 Zac Sigler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: education
This was a great story to use with a Story Map from the Characters' Perspectives.
Julie
Sep 04, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 3 and 5 year old boys LOVE this story! I do too!
Mollie B
May 25, 2016 Mollie B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rhymy! Good for storytime.
Roxanne
Apr 22, 2016 Roxanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Cute but nothing special.
Tina
May 19, 2016 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious read.
Kristina Jean Lareau
I would say ok.

The illustrations are dynamic, but a bit cartoonish for my taste. The story itself is pretty silly, though gives a decent explanation for missing undies. It is written in rhyme, which I find makes for a rather one-dimensional narrative. I wonder if Dinosaurs Love Underpants is better, and this is a poor sequel?

Will research and report. :)
Helen Kumpel
This book is for: PreK-5
Reflection: This cute and colorful book has wonderful illustrations and a silly story line. I think this book would be great to use about problem solving, text analyst/critics, showing students the ways the illustrator used different distance perspectives to create emotion and drama. Lots of great writing ideas could come from this book. Silly fiction books and poems for example about things that seem completely bizarre!
Shali
Apr 03, 2015 Shali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this a few times! The story is so cute. This one will be read many many more times.
Christina
This is a funny story that primary students would love! I would definitely use this book as a read aloud. This book could also be used to give students reinforcement in learning and hearing rhyming words. This book is about aliens that collect and sew together many pairs of underpants to prevent a meteorite from hitting Earth. The aliens save the day for everyone.
Shelli
May 14, 2012 Shelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Another funny book about underpants from Claire Freedman. She must gets a bit of grief from friends and family about her obsession with writing about underwear. I'm sure she doesn't mind though as she cashes her royalty checks. Kids love underwear! Just saying the word causes fits of giggles. Any book that makes reading fun for young reads is o.k. with me.
Anna
Dec 15, 2012 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Cute rhyming book about aliens who steal underwear from humans on Earth--and it pays off big time when they stitch together the universe's largest slingshot and repel a meteor which was on its way to destroy Earth!

Charming, colorful illustrations.
Apr 07, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic, rhyming picture book about exactly what the title states, aliens in underpants who save the world. Lots of underpants, large vibrant illustrations, and rhyming text make this a good laugh-out-loud pick for storytimes.
  • The Underpants Zoo
  • Shout! Shout It Out!
  • Miss Smith Under the Ocean
  • Mr. Duck Means Business
  • Earth to Clunk
  • That's How!
  • Hot Rod Hamster
  • There Was An Old Monster!
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • The Clock Struck One: A Time-Telling Tale
  • I Wanna New Room
  • The Lonely Book
  • Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs
  • Henry & the Buccaneer Bunnies
I’ve been a writer for over 15 years now, but it wasn’t planned!

I had a variety of jobs, including secretary, trainee buyer at Harrods, dental nurse, production assistant in a reprographic and printing company and various others.

I began to write after joining a creative writing class. I had no success with article writing, or short stories, or fiction, but the first children’s story I wrote, for a
More about Claire Freedman...

Love Underpants (6 books)
  • Aliens Love Underpants