Start by marking “Aliens In Underpants Save The World” as Want to Read:
Aliens In Underpants Save The World

Aliens In Underpants Save The World (Love Underpants)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  206 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Aliens in underpants are on a mission to save the world.
Hardcover
Published May 1st 2009 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Aliens In Underpants Save The World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens In Underpants Save The World

Alastair Jamieson
‘Aliens in Underpants Save the World’ is primarily a picture book with a four line rhyme on each double page that narrates the story of a group of friendly aliens who save the world.
The first few pages introduce the aliens and their love of human underpants with wonderfully bright and expressive illustrations, as the aliens aim for earth on a ‘pants-pinching mission’. However, their mission is interrupted as they see a huge meteorite heading towards earth. Fearful for their future supply of unde
Sarah Walsh
This is a zany, rhyming, adventure story of how aliens from outer space help us save our world, all in the name of underpants. The story begins to unfold in space. As the aliens are on route to Earth to steal some underpants, they see a meteorite heading for the planet and in fear of not getting any underpants forever more they muster a plan to save the earth using giant underpants.
This book is a hilarious read for any key stage one class. It’s really helpful for counting as there are loads of
Katie Hanrahan
Discover the goodness of aliens in Claire Freedman's Aliens in Underpants Save the World. When disaster is about to strike Planet Earth, underwear-loving aliens come to the rescue. As a meteorite plummets toward Earth, the aliens do everything in their power to protect the planet that supplies their beloved underpants!

This book is clearly science fiction with its involvement of aliens and outer space. The illustrations are fairly realistic - with the exception of the aliens, since we do not real
Nasrin
This book is about aliens landing on planet Earth, as the title suggests, aliens love underpants. This is a funny sotry about a metorite heading towards Earth and the aliens are determined to save the planet only because their underpants supply comes from planet Earth. In order to save the world they very cleverly make a ginormous underpant out of many small underpants. When the metorite comes to planet Earth it bounces right off because of the giant underpant!

This book is suitable for EYFS and
Library Quine
This is one of my favourite books to read aloud in storytimes. Claire FreedmanClaire Freedman's 'underpants' titles are all good, Aliens Love Underpants!, Dinosaurs Love Underpants: with audio recording, Aliens Love Panta Claus, but I enjoy reading Aliens In Underpants Save The World to children most of all!

Any book featuring underpants is bound to raise a chuckle, but this is such an fun and zany read. Aliens devise and execute a plan to save the earth using underpants! The rhyming text scans w
Anouschka Fernander
This book is an excellent introduction to rhyming words and really gets young children excited - who doesn't like aliens in underpants?!

While the aliens were on a pants-pinching misson, they notice a meteorite on their radar heading straight for Earth! The aliens want to save the world otherwise their pants supply would run out! On Earth, fire engines, police and air rescue were helpless, but the aliens came to Earth, found as many underpants as possible and stitched underwear together to make o
Erin
Aliens in Underpants Save the World is a well-illustrated and comical book about the day the aliens saved the world...using underpants! Back on Earth, satellites warned scientists that a meteorite would soon hit the earth, and the aliens in space knew just what to do! They landed on Earth and borrowed everyone's underwear, banding them together in one very large and stretchy underpant. As the meteorite tried to consume Earth, it hit the elastic underpants that stretched far across the sky, and i ...more
Lauren
This is such a cute book for the kiddos. Young boys love anything with aliens and underpants are funny. This book is written in rhyme. It starts with aliens wearing underpants. They see a meteor heading towards Earth and they spring into action. They don't want to lose the planet they get their underpants from so they want to help save Earth. They get all of the underpants they can find in Earth and sew one huge pair. The meteor bounces off of the big underpants and the aliens save the world so ...more
Erin
Very cute book! I read it to my son & loved the way it flowed to keep him interested. I loved the artwork the best... Especially the alien in the bloomers.
Mrsniamhgriffin
Highly entertaining with fun graphics. Fun to read and very much enjoyed by both girls and boys.
Kristina Lareau
I would say ok.

The illustrations are dynamic, but a bit cartoonish for my taste. The story itself is pretty silly, though gives a decent explanation for missing undies. It is written in rhyme, which I find makes for a rather one-dimensional narrative. I wonder if Dinosaurs Love Underpants is better, and this is a poor sequel?

Will research and report. :)
Helen Kumpel
This book is for: PreK-5
Reflection: This cute and colorful book has wonderful illustrations and a silly story line. I think this book would be great to use about problem solving, text analyst/critics, showing students the ways the illustrator used different distance perspectives to create emotion and drama. Lots of great writing ideas could come from this book. Silly fiction books and poems for example about things that seem completely bizarre!
Giles Knight
I purchased this book and Aliens love underpants after laughing at them and using them during a group interview to get into University.

This is a really good picture book and the words follow a nice flowing rhythmic pattern.

The images are good and content fun.

There are better picture books on the market but I am glad I own this one. What child does not like Aliens and Meteorites!
Christina
This is a funny story that primary students would love! I would definitely use this book as a read aloud. This book could also be used to give students reinforcement in learning and hearing rhyming words. This book is about aliens that collect and sew together many pairs of underpants to prevent a meteorite from hitting Earth. The aliens save the day for everyone.
Shelli
Another funny book about underpants from Claire Freedman. She must gets a bit of grief from friends and family about her obsession with writing about underwear. I'm sure she doesn't mind though as she cashes her royalty checks. Kids love underwear! Just saying the word causes fits of giggles. Any book that makes reading fun for young reads is o.k. with me.
Anna
Cute rhyming book about aliens who steal underwear from humans on Earth--and it pays off big time when they stitch together the universe's largest slingshot and repel a meteor which was on its way to destroy Earth!

Charming, colorful illustrations.
A fantastic, rhyming picture book about exactly what the title states, aliens in underpants who save the world. Lots of underpants, large vibrant illustrations, and rhyming text make this a good laugh-out-loud pick for storytimes.
Rob Jinkerson
A very short, silly children's picture book. Not much of a story when you think about it- could be condensed into 3 sentences, but the words are set to a nice limerick style rhythm with lots of rhyming.
Cassie
ages 3 and up. This is a humorous story with simple clear rhymes that are easy for toddlers to follow, and preschoolers to enjoy. A simple fun story with great word choice to build children's vocabularies.
Glenda
Clever, cute, colorful. Love this original, laugh-out-loud story about using underpants of all stripes and colors and shapes and sizes to save the world. Great rhyme, too.
Brenda Pritchard
preschool story time; narrative skills; phonological awareness;
This story is about aliens who save the world from an asteroid because of their love for underpants. Silly story.
Nikol Gordon
This was a cute book. I bought it for my 2 1/2 yr old nephew. What kid doesn't love a book that involves underpants and aliens together. I loved the cute art work.
Kay Leslie
Cute rhyming story about aliens saving Earth by sewing underware into a huge safety net to deflect a meteor. Fun read a loud. Good genre example.
Sam
Press da button (He wants to know about the button in the spaceship) *Points at favorite underpants*
Michelle
This would be great for Pre-School Storytime. It has the right blend of humor and excitement.
Stephanie
Cute! I personally do not like the word "ginormous", but only if it means saving our world.
Aoife
Totally mad story but I have read this countless times with my daughter and she totally loves it!
Conni Strittmatter
Definitely a cute, whimsical book about aliens and underpants. How could you go wrong?
Elisabeth
Yep. Another one. I get why kids like them. I am way over them.
  • Miss Smith Under the Ocean
  • The Underpants Zoo
  • The Hiccupotamus
  • Small Bunny's Blue Blanket
  • Up, Tall, and High!
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Chicken Cheeks
I’ve been a writer for over 15 years now, but it wasn’t planned!

I had a variety of jobs, including secretary, trainee buyer at Harrods, dental nurse, production assistant in a reprographic and printing company and various others.

I began to write after joining a creative writing class. I had no success with article writing, or short stories, or fiction, but the first children’s story I wrote, for a
More about Claire Freedman...

Love Underpants (5 books)
  • Aliens Love Underpants
  • Dinosaurs Love Underpants
  • Pirates Love Underpants
  • Aliens Love Panta Claus
Aliens Love Underpants Dinosaurs Love Underpants Snuggle Up Sleepy Ones Pirates Love Underpants Aliens Love Panta Claus