Thomas Edison: Young Inventor

Thomas Edison: Young Inventor (Childhood of Famous Americans)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A biography focusing on the childhood of the inventor who patented more than 1,100 inventions in sixty years, among them the electric light and the phonograph.
Published October 31st 1986 by Aladdin (first published 1959)

To ask other readers questions about Thomas Edison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas Edison

Helen Keller's Teacher by Margaret DavidsonThe Heart Has Reasons by Mark KlempnerBen Franklin by Augusta StevensonTom Jefferson by Helen Albee MonsellEleanor Roosevelt by Ann Weil
Biographies for Kids
14th out of 66 books — 24 voters
The Boy Who Loved Math by Deborah HeiligmanBenjamin Franklin by Ingri d'AulaireOn a Beam of Light by Jennifer  BerneThe Fabulous Flying Machines of Alberto Santos-Dumont by Victoria GriffithBarnum's Bones by Tracey E. Fern
Picture Book Biographies of Scientists
45th out of 52 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

W
I think this was the book I read. I can't remember anything but that it was about Edison and that I really liked it. And a telegraph. And wires. STOP.
Noah
With those words Thomas Edison explains how he developed ideas and turned them into useful inventions. Although he is most famous for inventing the lightbulb. Edison has created hundreds of inventions. The young boy who did poorly in schoolbecame one of the most famous men in america.

My opinion of this book is that I think it is a great book about the invetions of thomas Edison and and about Thomas Edison's Life.

I would recomend this book to people who like Thomas Edison and his inventions and a...more
Acton
Mar 30, 2010 Acton added it
Shelves: acton-academy
We learned about Thomas Edison during our unit on creativity. Scientists use creativity to solves problems and create new things.
Domenica Cipriani
Encouraging, enlightening and empowering.
Nikki
I really enjoyed it it was good and educational.
Jonathan
Very interesting. i learned so much.
Jaimie
Jaimie added it
Aug 10, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Oliver Smith
Oliver Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Lissy
Lissy added it
Aug 21, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Roen
Roen marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
JAB
JAB added it
Apr 06, 2014
Chhavi Raj
Chhavi Raj marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Huda Abdulkhalek
Huda Abdulkhalek marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Raghupathy Sekar
Raghupathy Sekar marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Thomas A. Edison: Young Inventor (The Childhood of Famous Americans Series) Thomas A. Edison: Young Inventor Tom Edison: Boy Inventor (Childhood of Famous Americans)