Start by marking “Punisher: Dead End” as Want to Read:
Punisher: Dead End

Punisher: Dead End (The Punisher Vol. VII #2)

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  107 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Russ Manning Award winner Tan Eng Huat (Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer) joins critically acclaimed writer Rick Remender (Fear Agent) in chronicling Frank Castle's war against Osborn's Cabal as the corrosive affects of their "Dark Reign" further degenerates the Marvel Universe. The Hood's crime organization has infected the entire world, and nowhere is it more prevalent than th ...more
Published May 5th 2010 by Marvel (first published December 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Punisher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Punisher

Gavin
Ugh, what a disappointment. Artist just doesn't fit, dialogue goes from solid to cliche, and there's just violence for violence, trying to,outdo itself. The Hood wasn't nearly as interesting here. Shameful waste.
Hilmi Isa
Jan 25, 2013 Hilmi Isa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel-grafik
Novel grafik Punisher: Dead End ini mengandungi 2 buah episod yang berlainan di dalam satu buku. Pertama,empat siri episod mini (yang juga dipanggil 'Dead End'),isu 6 hingga 10 (seperti yang terdapat di dalam versi komik asal) dan sebuah episod yang bertajuk 'Remote Control' (seperti yang terdapat di dalam komik Marvel Punisher: Annual). Kedua-dua episod menampilkan pasukan penerbitan yang berbeza antara satu sama lain.
Di dalam Dead End,Punisher,atau nama sebenarnya Frank Castle,terpaksa berhada
Shannon Appelcline
Turns out that this volume has many of the same flaws as Remender's previous take on the Punisher. It's got a nice premise, with The Red Hood resurrecting Scourge's victims, but then it turns into a long, pointless fight. The art is also surprisingly muddy and murky.

There's a nice ending to issue #10 and the annual is a bit better than the rest, but it's not enough to save the volume from being mediocre.
Martin
Nov 08, 2012 Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Had to revise my initial rating of 1 star and move it up to 4 stars after re-reading it months later. At first the art styles of Huat & Pearson did not really gel with me, and in the case of the Punisher Annual I'd found Remender's script to lean too much towards an attempt at comedy and that had put me off.

But hey - good news! I got over all that and I realised that it's actually a pretty good book and that it keeps the tone (and the level of quality) with the rest of Remender's run, even i
Mike
Dec 02, 2012 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely weird art style on parade here - cannot wrap my head around how distorted people's faces & expressions are.

In reading this out of order with continuity - both the Dark Avengers/HAMMER storyline (which I've long since finished), and the rest of Remender's run on Punisher (which I *thought* I read correctly, but somehow skipped this one). So it's a little odd to put the story in context - trying to piece together what Frank has *not* been through or learned [if anything], trying to
Timo
Apr 04, 2015 Timo rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
This was just wrong. Nothing else good in it but some nice art.
But everything else was just wrong. Keep Punisher out of superhero world.
Sonic
Mar 01, 2012 Sonic rated it really liked it
This one got some Punishing reviews here, but I dug it. Ignoring some of the far-fetchedness of it, I enjoyed the amount of action as well as the weirdness of the art.
I wish I had known about the villain glossary in the back as I did not recognize any of these bad-guys.
Dmitry Yakovenko
Feb 24, 2012 Dmitry Yakovenko rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Отвратительное продолжение, просто ужасное! А ведь первый том (Punisher: Dark Regin) был довольно неплохим. Что же мы видим в этом томе? Ужасный рисунок. Есть. Отвратительный сюжет. Есть. Ужасно смазанный финал. Есть. Не рекомендую это читать, ВООБЩЕ.
Davy
Apr 30, 2012 Davy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the Dark Reign tie-in, Frank Castle still has the Hood and some of his villains after him. The story is not so good as Dark Reign, but there's a lot of action and at the end the Punisher shows he's the toughest "superhero" of them all.
Matt
Mar 18, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it
I love how wonderfully, dismally dark this ends. I mean...things happen that, once you absorb them, are utterly horrifying. Just great stuff.
Craig
Sep 18, 2011 Craig rated it did not like it
Ugly art, ugly story--I stopped reading about halfway through. Some of the worst Punisher stuff I've ever read.
David
Feb 03, 2013 David rated it did not like it
Awful. Just God-awful. Don't ever read this.
Devin Bruce
Last read: December 21, 2013.
Jordon Wallis
Jordon Wallis rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Ben Fries
Ben Fries marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Marvel Reader
Marvel Reader marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Adam Nađvegi
Adam Nađvegi rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Morgan Dalton
Morgan Dalton rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Miroslav Markić
Miroslav Markić rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Jan 22, 2016
Navin Anand
Navin Anand marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Marc Jones
Marc Jones marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
megan
megan rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rick Remender is an American comic book writer and artist who resides in Portland, Oregon. He is best known for his work on Marvel Comics' Punisher series, Fear Agent and The End League.
More about Rick Remender...

The Punisher Vol. VII (3 books)
  • Punisher: Dark Reign