Start by marking “Punisher: Dead End” as Want to Read:
Punisher: Dead End
Preview

Punisher: Dead End (The Punisher Vol. VII #2)

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Russ Manning Award winner Tan Eng Huat (Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer) joins critically acclaimed writer Rick Remender (Fear Agent) in chronicling Frank Castle's war against Osborn's Cabal as the corrosive affects of their "Dark Reign" further degenerates the Marvel Universe. The Hood's crime organization has infected the entire world, and nowhere is it more prevalent than th ...more
Published May 5th 2010 by Marvel (first published December 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Punisher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Punisher

Hilmi Isa
Novel grafik Punisher: Dead End ini mengandungi 2 buah episod yang berlainan di dalam satu buku. Pertama,empat siri episod mini (yang juga dipanggil 'Dead End'),isu 6 hingga 10 (seperti yang terdapat di dalam versi komik asal) dan sebuah episod yang bertajuk 'Remote Control' (seperti yang terdapat di dalam komik Marvel Punisher: Annual). Kedua-dua episod menampilkan pasukan penerbitan yang berbeza antara satu sama lain.
Di dalam Dead End,Punisher,atau nama sebenarnya Frank Castle,terpaksa berhada
Shannon Appelcline
Turns out that this volume has many of the same flaws as Remender's previous take on the Punisher. It's got a nice premise, with The Red Hood resurrecting Scourge's victims, but then it turns into a long, pointless fight. The art is also surprisingly muddy and murky.

There's a nice ending to issue #10 and the annual is a bit better than the rest, but it's not enough to save the volume from being mediocre.
Martin
Had to revise my initial rating of 1 star and move it up to 4 stars after re-reading it months later. At first the art styles of Huat & Pearson did not really gel with me, and in the case of the Punisher Annual I'd found Remender's script to lean too much towards an attempt at comedy and that had put me off.

But hey - good news! I got over all that and I realised that it's actually a pretty good book and that it keeps the tone (and the level of quality) with the rest of Remender's run, even i
Mike
Absolutely weird art style on parade here - cannot wrap my head around how distorted people's faces & expressions are.

In reading this out of order with continuity - both the Dark Avengers/HAMMER storyline (which I've long since finished), and the rest of Remender's run on Punisher (which I *thought* I read correctly, but somehow skipped this one). So it's a little odd to put the story in context - trying to piece together what Frank has *not* been through or learned [if anything], trying to
Timo
Apr 04, 2015 Timo rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
This was just wrong. Nothing else good in it but some nice art.
But everything else was just wrong. Keep Punisher out of superhero world.
Sonic
This one got some Punishing reviews here, but I dug it. Ignoring some of the far-fetchedness of it, I enjoyed the amount of action as well as the weirdness of the art.
I wish I had known about the villain glossary in the back as I did not recognize any of these bad-guys.
Dima Yakovenko
Отвратительное продолжение, просто ужасное! А ведь первый том (Punisher: Dark Regin) был довольно неплохим. Что же мы видим в этом томе? Ужасный рисунок. Есть. Отвратительный сюжет. Есть. Ужасно смазанный финал. Есть. Не рекомендую это читать, ВООБЩЕ.
Davy
After the Dark Reign tie-in, Frank Castle still has the Hood and some of his villains after him. The story is not so good as Dark Reign, but there's a lot of action and at the end the Punisher shows he's the toughest "superhero" of them all.
Matt
I love how wonderfully, dismally dark this ends. I mean...things happen that, once you absorb them, are utterly horrifying. Just great stuff.
Craig
Ugly art, ugly story--I stopped reading about halfway through. Some of the worst Punisher stuff I've ever read.
David
Awful. Just God-awful. Don't ever read this.
Devin Bruce
Last read: December 21, 2013.
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Paulius
Paulius marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Joseph
Joseph added it
Nov 22, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan is currently reading it
Nov 02, 2014
Nik
Nik added it
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rick Remender is an American comic book writer and artist who resides in Portland, Oregon. He is best known for his work on Marvel Comics' Punisher series, Fear Agent and The End League.
More about Rick Remender...

The Punisher Vol. VII (3 books)
  • Punisher: Dark Reign
  • The Punisher Vol. 3: Franken-Castle
Uncanny X-Force: The Apocalypse Solution Uncanny Avengers, Vol. 1: The Red Shadow Deadly Class, Vol. 1: Reagan Youth Black Science, Vol.1: How to Fall Forever Uncanny X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga, Book 1