Start by marking “An Accidental Seduction (Accidental, #1)” as Want to Read:
An Accidental Seduction (Accidental, #1)

An Accidental Seduction (Accidental #1)

Emily Barrow once dreamed that she could marry Stephen Chesterfield, the Earl of Whitmore, and be saved from her dreary life. Then Stephen's father sent him away, leaving Emily broken-hearted...

Now Stephen has returned to find Emily destitute and alone. He has vowed to help her without compromising her honor...but Emily has other ideas. She doesn't want his charity, but sh
Published January 1st 2010 by Harlequin Historical Undone (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about An Accidental Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Accidental Seduction

Mar 06, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
An Accidental Seduction by Michelle Willingham is a prequel to The Accidental Countess giving the background story to how Emily Barrow became Stephen Chesterfield's wife. It is not required that you read An Accidental Seduction before reading The Accidental Seduction it really just answers some of the questions left unanswered in The Accidental Countess.

For a short introduction into the characters and the back story An Accidental Seduction is a great day read, and if you have already read The Ac
Jun 19, 2013 Nicky rated it really liked it
A good start to Emily and Stephen's story. Can't wait to read what happens next.
Mar 21, 2013 Amber rated it did not like it
Soooo.... The extremely low rating is not because of the quality of the writing itself, that's good enough that I'd be willing to give this author a try (in full-length novel only). My low rating is because of the "plot". I understand that this was a novella and a prequel. But here's the thing, I've read other books in this same vein and they succeed only when they make the plot in the prequel-novella strong enough to stand on its own. I know it's possible, because I've read stories that manage ...more
Kathie (katmom)
Feb 16, 2013 Kathie (katmom) rated it it was ok
As the author suggested, I read this one after I read THE ACCIDENTAL COUNTESS.

This novella prepares the way for TAC. What it actually is, is one sexy scene after another.

I didn't like Stephan in this nearly as much as I liked him in TAC without his memory.

There was also the plot flaw of the children. They are barely mentioned here, and in TAC it is stated that Emily has been their mother from the day of Victoria's birth. Not so here...they are apparently in the care of a governess...elsewhere.

Harlequin Historical
linked to The Accidental Countess and The Accidental Princess

I had to read this in spurts because I have house guest and couldn't sit at the computer to read it all in one sitting. (eReader is still on my wishlist!)Very fustrating because I loved it and hated to stop. I've got Accidental Countess in my hands and can't wait for bedtime when everyone else will be sleeping and I can read.
meh. My rating isn't really fair because I'm not a fan of the novella or short-story format. I *guess* the story was okay but it really doesn't stand on its own at all. It reads like an afterthought, or if not that, like an early writing exercise that the author later fleshes out into a full-length novel.
Mar 12, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I didn't realize when I picked this one up that it was a novella, and that it would continue on to a full length novel. I read the synopsis of the novel and decided to pass. This was a nice novella, and I'm content to think that the characters had their HEA without any more drama. I wouldn't recommend this unless one were interested in the full series.
Jul 03, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
I enjoyed this a lot more than I did The Accidental Countess....though I don't think I would have liked it had I not read it second...does that make sense?...

Anyway, this is the full story of how Stephen and Emily ended up married before he lost his memory in the next book.
Nov 20, 2013 Yolanda rated it really liked it
This was a great intro going into the main storyline. I cant wait to see what happens with Emily/Stephen.
Liked this but I thought it was pretty rushed at times. Turns out the full love story can be read in the next full length novel. Looking forward to reading the succeeding book!
May 14, 2013 Olivia rated it it was ok
Shelves: nook
The love story seemed rushed, but then this is a short story. I really didn't like Emily's attitude of "I'm not good enough for him." Just gets old really quick.
Nov 17, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historicals
a great intro to the series!! Loved it!!
Jul 20, 2016 Claudia rated it really liked it
Very short story. Intense. I am looking forward to their full story
Janice Sparling
Janice Sparling rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Kathleen Shannon
Kathleen Shannon rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2015
Patti Burgess
Patti Burgess rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Elisabeth Waters
Elisabeth Waters rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Sandra R
Sandra R rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Kristi rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Gina rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2013
Katie rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Lisa rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Alex Penler
Alex Penler rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Rhonda Jones
Rhonda Jones rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Ann rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Theresa Anderson
Theresa Anderson rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Marjorie rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Laura (ローラ)
Laura (ローラ) rated it did not like it
May 29, 2016
Colleen rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Lydia Storm
Lydia Storm rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • How to Disgrace a Lady (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #1)
  • To Catch a Rogue
  • An Illicit Temptation (Tang Dynasty, #3.5)
  • The Seduced (Rogues of Scotland, #4)
  • Lord St. Claire's Angel (Lords and Ladies, #1)
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • Pride and Prejudice and Kitties: A Cat-Lover's Romp through Jane Austen's Classic
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • Highlander's Touch (Highland Bound, #4)
  • Ravished by the Rake
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • Seducing the Heiress (Heiress in London, #1)
  • The Dutiful Rake
  • To Capture A Highlander's Heart: The Beginning
  • Bad for You 1 (Bad for You, #1)
  • Unbound (The Griever's Mark #3)
  • True Blue Cowboy (Cash Brothers, #5)
  • After the Pain (The Reflection Duet #2)
Rita Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: or interact with her on Facebook at ...more
More about Michelle Willingham...

Accidental (4 books)
  • The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)
  • The Accidental Princess (Accidental, #3)
  • The Accidental Prince (Accidental, #4)