An Accidental Seduction (Accidental, #1)

An Accidental Seduction (Accidental #1)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Emily Barrow once dreamed that she could marry Stephen Chesterfield, the Earl of Whitmore, and be saved from her dreary life. Then Stephen's father sent him away, leaving Emily broken-hearted...

Now Stephen has returned to find Emily destitute and alone. He has vowed to help her without compromising her honor...but Emily has other ideas. She doesn't want his charity, but sh...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Harlequin Historical Undone (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about An Accidental Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Accidental Seduction

Samantha Jo
An Accidental Seduction by Michelle Willingham is a prequel to The Accidental Countess giving the background story to how Emily Barrow became Stephen Chesterfield's wife. It is not required that you read An Accidental Seduction before reading The Accidental Seduction it really just answers some of the questions left unanswered in The Accidental Countess.

For a short introduction into the characters and the back story An Accidental Seduction is a great day read, and if you have already read The Ac...more
Nicky
A good start to Emily and Stephen's story. Can't wait to read what happens next.
Amber
Soooo.... The extremely low rating is not because of the quality of the writing itself, that's good enough that I'd be willing to give this author a try (in full-length novel only). My low rating is because of the "plot". I understand that this was a novella and a prequel. But here's the thing, I've read other books in this same vein and they succeed only when they make the plot in the prequel-novella strong enough to stand on its own. I know it's possible, because I've read stories that manage...more
Ana
Liked this but I thought it was pretty rushed at times. Turns out the full love story can be read in the next full length novel. Looking forward to reading the succeeding book!
Kathie (katmom)
As the author suggested, I read this one after I read THE ACCIDENTAL COUNTESS.

This novella prepares the way for TAC. What it actually is, is one sexy scene after another.

I didn't like Stephan in this nearly as much as I liked him in TAC without his memory.

There was also the plot flaw of the children. They are barely mentioned here, and in TAC it is stated that Emily has been their mother from the day of Victoria's birth. Not so here...they are apparently in the care of a governess...elsewhere.

B...more
Harlequin Historical
linked to The Accidental Countess and The Accidental Princess

I had to read this in spurts because I have house guest and couldn't sit at the computer to read it all in one sitting. (eReader is still on my wishlist!)Very fustrating because I loved it and hated to stop. I've got Accidental Countess in my hands and can't wait for bedtime when everyone else will be sleeping and I can read.
Amanda
I didn't realize when I picked this one up that it was a novella, and that it would continue on to a full length novel. I read the synopsis of the novel and decided to pass. This was a nice novella, and I'm content to think that the characters had their HEA without any more drama. I wouldn't recommend this unless one were interested in the full series.
I enjoyed this a lot more than I did The Accidental Countess....though I don't think I would have liked it had I not read it second...does that make sense?...

Anyway, this is the full story of how Stephen and Emily ended up married before he lost his memory in the next book.
Olivia
May 14, 2013 Olivia rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: nook
The love story seemed rushed, but then this is a short story. I really didn't like Emily's attitude of "I'm not good enough for him." Just gets old really quick.
Yolanda
This was a great intro going into the main storyline. I cant wait to see what happens with Emily/Stephen.
Andrea Jackson
I feel it should have been a part of the follow-up book but still an enjoyable read.
Donna
Good story, just too short. Not worth the price.
Brittany
a great intro to the series!! Loved it!!
Kaija Kruusmaa
Kaija Kruusmaa marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Ale Snape li
Ale Snape li marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Lorioh
Lorioh marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Sneezep
Sneezep marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Jill Tetsworth
Jill Tetsworth marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jackie
Jackie added it
Aug 26, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Randi
Randi marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
  • How to Disgrace a Lady
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • The Taming of Mei Lin (Tang Dynasty, #.5)
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
  • Rancher Wants a Wife (Mail-Order Weddings, #1)
  • The Craving (Rogues of Scotland, #1)
  • Come the Night
  • Seducing the Heiress (Heiress in London, #1)
  • A Rake's Guide To Pleasure (Huntington, #2)
  • The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2)
  • A Midsummer Bride (Marriage Mart, #2)
  • The Dutiful Rake
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • What an Earl Wants
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
Rita® Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: www.michellewillingham.com or interact with her on Facebook at...more
More about Michelle Willingham...
Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1) Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2) Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3) Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6) The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)