Start by marking “Journalism Next: A Practical Guide to Digital Reporting and Publishing” as Want to Read:
Journalism Next: A Practical Guide to Digital Reporting and Publishing

Journalism Next: A Practical Guide to Digital Reporting and Publishing

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  7 reviews

Theres never been a more challengingyet excitingtime to be a journalist. But in order to survive and thrive, journalists need to master new tools. Timely, to-the-point, and tested, Journalism Next updates Mark Briggs popular online guide Journalism 2.0 and explains how to use the latest software, tools, and concepts, empowering journalists to harness technology and take co

Published November 25th 2009 by CQ Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Journalism Next, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journalism Next

Kenna
Mark Briggs is a new media genius!

Journalism Next is the book on the changing news industry. It's simple to read and comprehend, providing step-by-step guides and suggested support sites for those trying to master today's news delivery tools.

Journalism Next is the updated version of Briggs's online guide Journalism 2.0, which some of you may have read. The update clearly explains the latest software, tools and concepts in multimedia including blogs, audio, video, and online content promotion.

Th
ohradiogirl
Quite enjoyable. Good way to get caught up on 'doing' multimedia. Well written w/lots of advice from media practitioners.

I wrote a review of the book for The Journal of Media Education:
Carrie
Just realized I'd never added this book yet, though I use it in my courses. It's a useful, practical, readable book that covers a lot of ground and my students seem to like it. It's also very inexpensive for a textbook.
Jon Hussey
Not bad for someone new to the world of new journalism. A lot of helpful tips for web, audio, and video journalism. Overall, it didn't go as deeply into the subject matter as I had hoped it would.
Kyle Wadsworth
Had some very good points about digital media that would appeal to old-school journalists - felt dated for myself and many of the websites/platforms referred to aren't relevant for New Zealand.
Camille Broadway
A solid entry-level book for anyone interested in multimedia journalism. Good description of basic how-to, and more importantly for me, Briggs doesn't ignore the "why" issues.
Debbie Greco
Good information. Not too far in yet.
Josh Vickerson
Josh Vickerson marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Anna Kat
Anna Kat marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Gheerathi Phaiboon
Gheerathi Phaiboon marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Maisha
Maisha marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Nguyen Thi
Nguyen Thi marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Sarah Gee
Sarah Gee marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Tristan
Tristan marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Sierra Grandy
Sierra Grandy marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Josephtames
Josephtames marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014