Start by marking “Gravity Pulls You in: Perspectives on Parenting Children on the Autism Spectrum” as Want to Read:
Gravity Pulls You in: Perspectives on Parenting Children on the Autism Spectrum

Gravity Pulls You in: Perspectives on Parenting Children on the Autism Spectrum

Explores the universe of autism - its marvels, chaos, and life-changing impacts. This title features a collection of 33 essays and poems, in which mothers and fathers raising children on the autism spectrum explore their lives in the context of autism's own special gravity, discovering what's important and what they find centring.
Published February 19th 2010 by Woodbine House

To ask other readers questions about Gravity Pulls You in, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravity Pulls You in

Nancy Sirvent
May 11, 2010 Nancy Sirvent rated it really liked it
I'm very excited about the release of the anthology. There are some very talented writers in it, including my own talented sister (some of you know her as MOM-NOS, from her popular blog at http://momnos.blogspot.com ).
Suzanne (suz&mark)
Mar 13, 2010 Suzanne (suz&mark) rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading a book about other parent's experiences raising a child on the spectrum. most of the stories were pretty good but there was one that was so similar to me and to sara that I could have written it. It talked about having a daughter that is high functioning, but not quite typical so she kind of inhabits this in-between state, which is what I feel sara inhabits. The other has a blog, so I intend to contact her.
Lavagirl
Jan 05, 2013 Lavagirl rated it really liked it
wonderful "I'm not the only one" book for parents
Trauma  Newell
Dec 07, 2010 Trauma Newell rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Trauma by: www.wordpress.com
I was currently on a blog called "from here to there and back" the topic was Complex and Difficult Things. There were so many Parents talking about their child(ren) with Autism and other disabilities. We as Parents are all in a race to find a cure for our children. We have found out that all our children that suffers with the same disorders all have similar characteristics. Parents, we feel that we are alone with this complex and very fragile challenge that we have to face each day for our kids.
Beth Ann
Mar 05, 2015 Beth Ann rated it it was ok
Shelves: autism
Some moving essays on living with autism and many readers have found comfort in these stories about how other families are experiencing similar lunacy in the topsy turvy world that all autism families inhabit. At this point in my journey, none of this is news anymore and I had hoped to find more instruction.
Sabrina
Jan 20, 2011 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
I heart warming and heartbreaking read for any one interested in learning more about living with kids on the spectrum.
Leta-Kaye
Feb 08, 2015 Leta-Kaye rated it it was amazing
The subtitle says it all. I gained new perspective and endearingly, heartbreakingly, liberatingly had my own perspectives validated.
Jill
Aug 06, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
Good book. A lot of stuff about parenting "high functioning" kids that I could not relate to, but all in all well-written.
Rebecca Young
Rebecca Young rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2012
Heather Loring
Sep 09, 2011 Heather Loring rated it really liked it
The essays and poems are well done; they comfort, enlighten, and occasionally made me laugh.
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
Nancy Werner
Nancy Werner rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2013
Ruth Conrad
Ruth Conrad rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2011
Katyh
Katyh rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2012
m
m rated it liked it
May 18, 2011
Eithne Egan
Eithne Egan rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Odessa Layug
Odessa Layug rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2012
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Jill Harris
Jill Harris rated it it was ok
May 22, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
farmwifetwo
farmwifetwo rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2015
Dannylions
Dannylions rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Dawn Kramer
Dawn Kramer rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2012
Julie Lanphere
Julie Lanphere rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2012
Jennifer Coyne
Jennifer Coyne rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2013