Gravity Pulls You in: Perspectives on Parenting Children on the Autism Spectrum

Gravity Pulls You in: Perspectives on Parenting Children on the Autism Spectrum

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Explores the universe of autism - its marvels, chaos, and life-changing impacts. This title features a collection of 33 essays and poems, in which mothers and fathers raising children on the autism spectrum explore their lives in the context of autism's own special gravity, discovering what's important and what they find centring.
Published February 19th 2010 by Woodbine House

To ask other readers questions about Gravity Pulls You in, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravity Pulls You in

Nancy Sirvent
I'm very excited about the release of the anthology. There are some very talented writers in it, including my own talented sister (some of you know her as MOM-NOS, from her popular blog at http://momnos.blogspot.com ).
Suzanne (suz&mark)
This is my first time reading a book about other parent's experiences raising a child on the spectrum. most of the stories were pretty good but there was one that was so similar to me and to sara that I could have written it. It talked about having a daughter that is high functioning, but not quite typical so she kind of inhabits this in-between state, which is what I feel sara inhabits. The other has a blog, so I intend to contact her.
Lavagirl
wonderful "I'm not the only one" book for parents
Trauma  Newell
Dec 07, 2010 Trauma Newell rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Trauma by: www.wordpress.com
I was currently on a blog called "from here to there and back" the topic was Complex and Difficult Things. There were so many Parents talking about their child(ren) with Autism and other disabilities. We as Parents are all in a race to find a cure for our children. We have found out that all our children that suffers with the same disorders all have similar characteristics. Parents, we feel that we are alone with this complex and very fragile challenge that we have to face each day for our kids.
Jill
Good book. A lot of stuff about parenting "high functioning" kids that I could not relate to, but all in all well-written.
Leta-Kaye
The subtitle says it all. I gained new perspective and endearingly, heartbreakingly, liberatingly had my own perspectives validated.
Sabrina
I heart warming and heartbreaking read for any one interested in learning more about living with kids on the spectrum.
Heather Loring
The essays and poems are well done; they comfort, enlighten, and occasionally made me laugh.
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Joy Findlay jones
Joy Findlay jones marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Olivia Malik
Olivia Malik marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Spiral-python Schnzrpunk
Spiral-python Schnzrpunk marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Whitney Dos santos
Whitney Dos santos is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2014
Kristen Shinohara
Kristen Shinohara marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Elisha (lishie)
Elisha (lishie) marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Judy
Judy added it
Jan 30, 2013
Susan Segal
Jan 17, 2013 Susan Segal rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Lois Molina
Lois Molina marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2013