Hidden Motive

Hidden Motive

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Someone had murdered her grandfather.

And Sable Chamberlain was next on the villain's hit list. With the help of her friend Paul Murphy, she hoped to hide at her family's isolated Ozark home. But then an ice storm trapped the couple there with a busload of shady characters and an atmosphere of tension...and evil. Sable and Paul could trust no one but each other. Their only...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published July 1st 2003)

Nike Chillemi
This roamnce, medical thriller has action, suspense, romance, plot twists and turns, and quite a few red herrings.
Debbie
"Hidden Motive" is a Christian suspense novel with some romance. It's a very fast, suspenseful read. It's a case of "everything that can go wrong will go wrong" with no pauses in between. The suspense was created by physical danger to the two main characters and by trying to discover the truth about what Sable's grandpa had done and had discovered. There were a few, minor things that were never fully explained by the end of the book. However, surviving and stopping the bad guys seemed to be the...more
Bonnie
Someone killed Sable Chamberlain's grandfather, Josiah, and she was determined not only to clear his name of fraud but to find his killer unless he killed her first.

Sable and her trusted friend Paul Murphy, found themselves traveling with a bus load of strangers trying to survive the Ozark roads covered with ice from the storm. Not really knowing if one or more could be after them, they still offer them a place to stay at Sables' family home in the middle of the back woods. Cave adventures, acci...more
Ellie
The Crystal Cavern takes the reader on a thrilling ride right from the first page, with heart stopping twists and turns that keep you guessing right to the end. Running for their lives, Sable Chamberlin and Paul Murphy are determined to discover the truth behind the death of Sable's grandfather and the mystery he left behind. But stranded in an ice storm in a creepy house atop an intimidating cavern, with a bunch of strangers to keep them company, makes their task a lot more tricky... and much m...more
Inrisrini
Not that much thrilled, stoy lies and revolves on the same concepts...group of people, who is hurting whom, in between reading the same letter from grandpa, praying god, so on and so forth....at the end, the expected two comes out safely....to give back bone, the cave house, attic, old things !

Melanie
I love caverns and caves and the mystery of them and this book is set in that area. It didn't get a 5 from me because of some of the confusion with the different ore's and minerals in the mining process.. just didn't keep my interest with that. But the suspense was great!
Shauna
Couldn't get into this one. Boring. Cliche. It is written by a husband-wife team whose pen name is Hannah Alexander. The writing never flows. It is like they each took turns writning a chapeter and didn't check to see what the other had done.
Leport
Actually, I didn't finish this book. I got about half way through and decicded I didn't care for the story. I may pick it up again, later, and give it another try.
Ms.
I truly enjoyed this hbook aving grown up in Missouri and being familiar with many of the stop along the way in this whodunit mystery.
Kdesoto
It held my attention the whole way through. Every time I thought I had figured out 'whodunit', I had to change my mind again!
Joanna
This book was really good. It was a little predictable at times, but still good.
Waynestennett
I remember really liking this book, fairly suspenseful and a quick read.
Megan
It's a mystery. I've read it 3 times and can never remember who did it.
Ginny
Excellent so far - ch 6

Made better by an actual cavern climb!
Kcastro
Just the right amount of "christian" comments.
4given4ever
4given4ever marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Caroleequinton
Caroleequinton marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Michelle Nix
Michelle Nix marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Lindsey Baldwin
Lindsey Baldwin marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Victor
Victor added it
Apr 06, 2014
Amy Wilderspin
Amy Wilderspin marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.
More about Hannah Alexander...
Hideaway (Hideaway #1) Safe Haven (Hideaway #2) Last Resort (Hideaway #3) Sacred Trust (Er Trilogy, #1) Fair Warning (Hideaway, #5)