Start by marking “Lady Farquhar's Butterfly” as Want to Read:
Lady Farquhar's Butterfly

Read Book

Lady Farquhar's Butterfly

Falsely branded an adulteress and separated from her child by her vengeful late husband, Lady Olivia Farquhar unexpectedly discovers a deep and mutual love for her son's guardian, Max Atherton. But happiness with Max can never be possible when Olivia is blackmailed into a union with her late husband's religious confessor. Unaware of the sinister motives behind the ...more
Published May 31st 2010 by Robert Hale (first published June 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Farquhar's Butterfly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Farquhar's Butterfly

Beverley Eikli
Jun 19, 2010 Beverley Eikli rated it it was amazing
This is what Danielle from CoffeeTime Romance had to say about my second book, Lady Farquhar's Butterfly:

“I thought the revelations and struggles Olivia goes through to rediscover her independence was written wonderfully. It makes you as the reader relate to her suffering, pain, and growth as you see her go from a shell of a woman to someone who should be proud of all she has survived. Ms. Eikli tells a story that shows a woman who is absolutely controlled and manipulated by all those around her
Sue
Jun 21, 2010 Sue rated it liked it
Light historical fiction with a somewhat shaky underlying premise. Rather too much author comment in the early chapters, and descriptions of the characters' thoughts without showing why they felt that way. But it got going around half-way through, and I did warm to the main character, Olivia, despite finding her a bit irritating at times. Max, the hero, is warm and likeable, and there's a rather delightfully ghastly controlling and santimonious clergyman.

Not Georgette Heyer, but readable enough
Nada Baydoun
Aug 11, 2014 Nada Baydoun rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A Bad Read

A Bad Read

A bad read.Not written well at all.How can the author expect us to believe that a husband in those times would subjecate his wife to such acts in public and that she will still be accepted in public society? Aldo too many things in the plot don't add up at all.

Jet
Jun 23, 2012 Jet rated it it was amazing
I think LFB is a great book, providing a laugh as well as tension, tears and nail biting. BUT some parts make me a little bit angry at the characters, for instance the kicking of Molly was a bit startling as I've read of it in a number of books, always resulting in a tragic circumstance, brain damage or death. But overall It's great and I rate it 4 1/2 stars in total.
Louise Forster
Feb 06, 2013 Louise Forster rated it it was amazing
Historical romances are not my preferred genre, having said that, Lady Farquhar's Butterfly was a page turner. I needed to know who and why they were planning the evil conspiracies against her. Olivia's struggle through a male dominated world where intrigue and plots against her abound is well written, with smooth narrative and dialogue appropriate for the times.
An enjoyable read.
Faie Bell
Jan 12, 2013 Faie Bell rated it it was amazing
Another edge of your seat ride with my favourite Regency Romance Writer, Beverley Eikli. Lady Olivia Farquahar has a fragility that makes her a compelling character while still finding the trademark Eikli stregnth and determination as the plot progresses. Her 'dark past' is a wonderful element, giving her character depth and a struggle that seems insurmountable.

The hero, Max Atherton, is a man of deep kindness and caring, just what Olivia needs. But the machinations of Regency England look likel
Alison
May 19, 2015 Alison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started off well but became so gothic and such melodrama, I became a little tired of it by the end. It's still a pretty good read.

Minor irritations were the family title of Lord (Viscount) Farquhar, which was unwieldy, and since the book was unclear in its place setting the supposed links to Scotland did not work. My kindle version also had a number of typos, hopefully this has now been corrected.
Sabrina
Dec 03, 2014 Sabrina rated it did not like it
Way too much drama. The circumstances the characters found themselves in was extensive and unbelievable. Had it been toned down quite a bit I would have enjoyed it, but towards the end I found myself skimming - never a good sign.

Anyone or two of these story-lines would have intrigued me - all together, chaotic.
Kdk929
Oct 12, 2015 Kdk929 rated it really liked it
Interesting perspective on the deplorable activities found even in Regency Era. Difficult read of the humiliation experienced by Olivia at the hand of several men.
B Cate
B Cate rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
vaneeta
vaneeta rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2016
Sammi
Sammi rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Rebecca Walters
Rebecca Walters rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2015
Lora
Lora rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
greg ellis
greg ellis rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Mary Steiner
Mary Steiner rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2014
Cathy Alecat
Cathy Alecat rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Jet
Jet rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Templeton
Templeton rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Doreen
Doreen rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2014
Karen l conroy
Karen l conroy rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Deborah Fiorille
Deborah Fiorille rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2012
Tina M Brockett
Tina M Brockett rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Jan Almond
Jan Almond rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
candice farley
candice farley rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2014
Graham
Graham rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Annette Lowry
Annette Lowry rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Jemail
Jemail rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Sandy Shefferd
Sandy Shefferd rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
  • Soulrazor (Blood Skies, #3)
  • Starlight (The Christies, #2)
  • Return to the Aegean
  • The Consulting Detective Trilogy Part I: University
  • Naked Brain
  • Mere Enchantment
  • Time Pullers
  • Erin (The Athol Trilogy, #2)
  • Overdue for Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #2)
  • Jesus at Walmart...the Cost (Jesus at Walmart, #2)
  • The Blood Puzzle (Redemption, #3)
  • Oracle
  • Some Enchanted Waltz (Seasons of Enchantment #1)
  • Honor and Integrity: A Collection of Pride and Prejudice-Inspired Short Stories
  • Ricochet
  • Murder at Rudhall Manor
  • Cicada
  • A Festival Of Cherries
Since my earliest memories of growing up in Mokhotlong, ‘the British Empire’s remotest Outpost’ in the African mountainous kingdom of Lesotho, I’ve loved adventure.

After Independence I emigrated with my family to Adelaide, Australia, where I did my schooling before getting a job as a journalist, writing fiction in the evenings and features for newspapers and magazines during the day.

In my twenties
More about Beverley Eikli...