Start by marking “La novena revelación: Lo esencial de las nueve revelaciones” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
La novena revelación: ...

James Redfield

La novena revelación: Lo esencial de las nueve revelaciones (Celestine Prophecy)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  1,339 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
Now readers can carry the spiritual wonder of the New York Times bestselling The Celestine Prophecy with them and reflect upon the philosophies of James Redfield whenever and wherever they like. This beautifully designed pocket-sized guide provides detailed explorations of the nine insights, which are the essence of this incredibly successful spiritual classic which has be ...more
Published June 30th 2001 by Atlantida (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about La novena revelación, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La novena revelación

Debby Eubank
May 19, 2012 Debby Eubank rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
This was the first book I ever read on the energy field and opened the door to years of exploration on this path. The author has a way of communicating about energy while telling a story that keeps one reading. Some energy books are quite scientific (and important) and yet this book was able to deepen my awareness enough to keep me reading, especially being new to the "idea" of energy years back. I particularly appreciate and continue to speak to in my own client work and writings on "authentic ...more
Ashley
Apr 22, 2008 Ashley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
WARNING: This review should not be read by the easily offended.

My opinion is emotionally skewed. I worked in a metaphysical crystal shop for 5 years and have had so much immersion into the New Age world that I drowned in it. Anyone wanting to take a picture of my aura while playing a quartz crystal bowl tuned to my heart chakra and chanting a Native American blessing song will immediately make me want to violently attack them. I don't know why. It's the same thing when crazy evangelical christia
Justin
Jan 27, 2008 Justin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for some introspection
Recommended to Justin by: an orange, a burberry scarf, and a new year.
A quick read that provides the authors framework for an evolving spirituality.

Ironically its not a book that develops your understanding of characters, but rather a story where you get to think about how the authors framework applies to your own life. *dash in a bit of mysticism and hope for the final product.

Chris
Jan 07, 2008 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was full of wonderful insights as to how humanity could get along better not only with each other but also with themselve. Despite being a fictional book I felt a lot of what the book offered rang true. The ending became a little too kooky for my taste but if believe that jesus really walked on water then it might be perfect for you.
Gretchen
Dec 26, 2008 Gretchen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I was looking for the original Celestine Prophecy book and could not find it...so I settled for this one to write my review on. Tony gave me this book when we were first dating and it was the beginning of a new mindset for me. I had never really thought to much about the dynamics of interpersonal relationships before and this started a major mindshift for me.
Kayla Flook
Some of it a bit hokey, but the overall ideas I agree with and think might be possible. The nine steps, however, not sure how I feel about those being the ways to achieve a connection with the "universe's energy"
Good for an adventure read.
Darci
Sep 05, 2007 Darci rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just picked this book up off the book swap at my job and while eating outside at a cafe, a man came up to me and told me how much this book effected him.

I began reading and the first page of text under the author's note reads: "It begins with a heightened perception of the way our lives move forward. We notice those chance events that occur at just the right moment, and bring forth just the right individuals, to suddenly send our lives in a new and important direction. Perhaps more than any o
Tami
Apr 15, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Celestine Prophecy is one of my favorite classic spiritual fiction journeys. The book follows the personal growth of one man as he follows a mysterious query about an ancient manuscript. An old friend happens to drop by and tells him about an ancient Peruvian manuscript dating back to 600 BC. This relic tells of a shift in the mind thought of the world starting at the end of the 20th century. The key to this shift are nine insights that must be gained, understood, and integrated into the min ...more
Hope
Jul 17, 2016 Hope rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For the life of me, I can't recall how I got this little book. It's entirely possible I bought it on a whim at a thrift store or used book shop. It's a teeny tiny hardback book, while appeals to both my affection for books and fondness of miniatures.

The content of this book is much less appealing. It's just another vague, be good to yourself and others and we'll create a world of perfect harmony and light stuff that seems to get published as a "new" revelation every so often. There's nothing wr
DeAnne Wolfgram
Jul 14, 2012 DeAnne Wolfgram rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
James Redfield signed this with a dedication to my daughter when I met him in person for the very first time.

One of those pivotal books of for me early on the path.... My daughter had asked me to read the entire series to her as chapter books when she was in elementary school. Interestingly enough, The Celestine Prophecy had actually been the international bestselling book at the time of her birth.

A series of personal synchronistic encounters with James Redfield himself at a conference in Novem
Tessa
May 26, 2012 Tessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me two years to read The Celestine Prophecy.

I was raised in a family where self healing, energy work, healing, & psychic-ness came very easy and frequently. So this book was more like a review for me up until the last few insights.

When it started explaining how to tie your energy work into working effectively and efficiently with other people I became intrigued. I am hoping the next book goes into more detail about this.

Loved this book - it is great for anyone with an interest about
AJ
Sep 06, 2009 AJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book again, about life and reading the signs while taking a journey was also very interesting. I like how they broke up a lot of the major ideas and continued to repeat the themes (for some of us who need to read the basic themes more than once). I like the concept of enjoying the environment and being unified with the earth. I also like the concept that, again, you will be reunited with new people in your life and it is done so with purpose. The movie short they made about it was useless. ...more
Marie
I read this back in the days when I was experimenting with New Thought religion. I don't remember terribly much about the book, except that I didn't find it to be very well written...and that it was about fields of energy.

In "Why We Read What We Read," the authors take on the genre of religious or spiritual books, and they mention the Celestine Prophecy as one of those books that takes on a life of its own.

Seriously overrated in the New Age/New Thought world...
Peter
Feb 04, 2008 Peter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The cornerstone of my "throw it all away and live in the woods series." At times I have felt as though I have single-handedly kept amazon.com afloat through my purchases of this book. I have sent it to everybody. I would meet a person at a bar and the UPS guy would bring them a copy the next week. Great metaphysical stuff. A true conversation piece. I have met a ton of great folks through a joint love for this book (LB).
John
Jul 02, 2009 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book till the last chapter or two when the author seems to be getting too full of himself. I was drawn into the book because of some people I met in Peru that told me about some things that happened to them while trekking in the Peruvian wilderness. Redfield seems to be attempting to start a new religion. He should stick to spinning a good yarn.
Kimberly
This book wins for worst book I've EVER read. I was told to read this by so many people that when I finally did, it was a real INSIGHT to those people. I forced myself to get through half of it, but finally I put it down because it was written so badly. The best thing I could say about it at the time was - I thought it would make a good movie. And it did.
Gabriela
May 16, 2008 Gabriela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
i liked it. had some good "self-help" ideas in it -- the whole "control drama" thing, and communing with nature -- valid ideas to help one become more "one with the universe." however, it was a little slow... but is it that we need that to let ideas sink in? this constant repetition? maybe. at any rate, it was a decent read with some cool ideas.
Edgar
Apr 01, 2008 Edgar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book at a critical time in my life and it help answer some questions I had.

Strange to look back now and reflect on the effect this book had on me, but there are a few items in the book that it talks about which I had begun stumbling on prior to reading the book. It just reinforced those beliefs.
JayDiddums10
This book reminded me to take things in stride and keep myself open to new experiences. The author used an interesting platform and a mix of fantasy/science fiction to convey this point -- and it worked.
Ceil
Aug 23, 2008 Ceil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up at Goodwill for $1.79 as I was on my way to Peru and had never read it before. I really enjoyed it. The fact that I read it on the plane on the way to Peru probably helped, but it contained a lot of wisdom. Nice to slow down and think about things in different ways...
Laura Crean
I loved this book - it really does make you pay attention to the details and coincidences in your daily life, it opens your eyes to your daily interactions with others and the world around you. Very good book.
May 24, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Aunt Dottie sent it to me. Must do what Aunt Dottie says. She's like my personal Oprah. What can I say? Not especially well-written, but compelling in a sort of well-meaning way. Am fascinated by fields of energy. I want to believe.
Kimberley
Mar 10, 2008 Kimberley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i have more highlighted passages in this book than any other. it's an interesting story filled with insight as to our purpose for being here together. maintains that nothing is without reason or meaning.
Islefaye
Jun 02, 2008 Islefaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the most important thing I took from this (I watched the movie too), is the realization that there is no such thing as coincidence. We should be more mindful of situations in our lives and communicate more with the people we run into (within the boundaries of safety and good reasoning skills lol)
BiL
Aug 24, 2008 BiL rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started me off on what would lead to my current beliefs in spirituality. It will always have a special place with me. As my reading on spirituality/psycology has progressed, I don't think I would enjoy it as much nowadays. Regardless, it was great when I was a teenager.
Lizzie
Mar 31, 2008 Lizzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Right along with The Alchemist, The Power of Now, etc etc. These works serve as reminders of how basic life's most important lessons are and that we all need to be positive and aware of our energy as it has an amzing impact on everything else in the universe.
Diana
Jan 03, 2010 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting New Age perspective on life... I liked it.
Lynn
Mar 01, 2009 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This made me feel and think to how I was going to treat people the rest of my life and every time I meet a new person I think of this book.
Kati
Mar 04, 2008 Kati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it
Read several times...most recently 2007
content... 2 10 Feb 20, 2012 09:42PM
  • The Journeys of Socrates (Peaceful Warrior Saga)
  • Fire in the Soul: A New Psychology of Spiritual optimism
  • Messages From Spirit: The Extraordinary Power of Oracles, Omens, and Signs
  • The Realization of Being
  • The Dark Viscount (The Marchants #1)
  • The Teachings of Don Carlos: Practical Applications of the Works of Carlos Castaneda
  • Healing Secrets of the Native Americans: Herbs, Remedies, and Practices That Restore the Body, Refresh the Mind, and Rebuild the Spirit
  • Wheels of Light: Chakras, Auras, and the Healing Energy of the Body
  • Ask and It Is Given: The Processes
  • Sorcerer's Apprentice: My Life with Carlos Castaneda
  • Secret Life of Water
  • The Oversoul Seven Trilogy: The Education of Oversoul Seven, The Further Education of Oversoul Seven, Oversoul Seven and the Museum of Time
  • Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico
  • The Art of Mindful Living: How to Bring Love, Compassion, and Inner Peace Into Your Daily Life
  • Chances: Opposites Attract / A Will and a Way
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • The Dawn Stag (Dalriada, #2)
  • The Miracles of Santo Fico
James Redfield is the author of The Celestine Prophecy and The Tenth Insight. He writes widely on the topic of human spiritual awareness and is active in the worldwide effort to save our last remaining wilderness areas. James lives with his wife, Salle, and cat, Meredith, in Alabama and Arizona.

More about James Redfield...

Celestine Prophecy (4 books)
  • The Celestine Prophecy (Celestine Prophecy, #1)
  • The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (Celestine Prophecy, #2)
  • The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy, #3)
  • The Twelfth Insight: The Hour of Decision (Celestine Prophecy, #4)

“I don't think that anything happens by coincidence... No one is here by accident... Everyone who crosses our path has a message for us. Otherwise they would have taken another path, or left earlier or later. The fact that these people are here means that they are here for some reason"...” 139 likes
“Once you learn what life is about, there is no way to erase that knowledge. If you try to do something else with your life, you will always sense that you are missing something” 28 likes