The Psychic Tourist: A Voyage Into The Curious World Of Predicting The Future

The Psychic Tourist: A Voyage Into The Curious World Of Predicting The Future

3.09 of 5 stars 3.09  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Psychic Tourist: A Voyage into the Curious World of Predicting the Future [Paperback] William Little (Author)
Published December 1st 2009 by Icon Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Psychic Tourist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Psychic Tourist

Jo
If this book was a movie, the author would be played by Hugh Grant as he bumbles his way through this supposed journalistic investigation in that foppish English manner that doesn't represent the majority of society. It wasn't terrible but as soon as I'd finished reading it I couldn't recall anything I'd just read about.
Tara
This book was terrible. It was a credulous romp with him talking to psychics/TV personalities (though he did have a Wiccan interlude when he started to run out of steam) on a tenuous premise with some "balance" with experts and skeptics at the end. The book was all about him, and he was a very boring personality. I thought perhaps, with the predictions he was totting up, we would get a scorecard of what predictions came true (did his girlfriend get pregnant?) but no. That would be interesting. I...more
Jan
I love books on crop circles, dreams etc thus when I read from this book that the idea of psychic intuition is merely our brains being pesky and providing info that was filed away in some corner of our vast grey matter store,I can't help but feel upset and disconcerted.

According to this book, gut instinct is merely our unconscious brains telling us things that we may have read or heard before, but forgotten. So, if we have dreams in which we dreamt of a certain scene, and later in real life, we...more
Carolyn
This is a light romp through the psychic world and the scientists who think about this phenomenon (or believe it is false). The author comes off entertaining and a bit of a nebbish at times but his good intentions shine through as he meets with each person. Each chapter is another visit with someone (or several people at once) as he explores the world of psychic phenomena and those who believe (or don't). My favorite chapter was with the physicist exploring whether we could go back in time. I oc...more
Nazzy
This book was interesting. I'm a huge skeptic but I did question some of my beliefs about psychics and whether or not it is possible to see the future. I guess every human being is somewhat psychic, I felt it and they did studies about it. (I won't go into detail.) Deja Vu apparently has something to do with the human brain and humans predicting the future. Even if you're not into psychics at all I think you'd still find this book a good read, I certainly did. I didn't find it particularly mind-...more
Sho
Kindle edition
It started out well, but didn't come to any real conclusion.

William Little's sister had an astrological chart drawn up for herself and her daughter which both predicted that they would die in a water related accident.

This prediction started to rule their lives and so William Little set out to debunk astrology, psychics and the rest.

It's an entertaining read, well, and amusingly written - but I wasn't satisfied with where it ended up.
Panda1602
I was drawn to this book and a part of me wanted it to be a great read. Parts of it are great and hilarious however overall I found the consistency lacking and towards the end the book became tedious for me. I enjoyed the chapter on time machines and the chapter around the 'Senses' program and how we unconsciously take in more than we are consciously aware.
Paul Banham
99p is not a lot of money for the effort that went into this book, but still just under a quid too much. It's a bit of a wet blanket, too small to douse the fire or fan any flames. Niceness is the way with William Little and it sounds like he had a lot of fun putting it together. Richard Dawkins makes a brief disinterested cameo along the way which was... nice.
Kelly
I really enjoyed this book.
William's sister and niece are told they will drown by water after having astrology charts done, so, he sets out to see if psychics really exist or if they are all fakes.
William interviews many well known psychics including Sally Morgan, amongst others.
A good book to read whether you believe or not.
Aaron
Started off fine but the author clearly got a bit bored in the middle it went downhill from there. A five minute interview with Psychic Sally and Richard Dawkins is not exactly in depth research is it? Good idea, badly executed.
Richard Williamson
I thought that this was going to be an interesting read and i would learn something around the phsycic world. unfortunatly i found it a bit rambling and was willing myself to the end so i could move on.
Tim
It started to well, showing a lot of promise, before ultimately failing to deliver. A bit of a disappointment in the end!
Booksdingle
Fairly interesting but lost interest towards the end - made me question a few of my beliefs but not especially ground breaking
Lorraine
light read exposing the charlatans who prey on vulnerable, gullible people.
Vikas Datta
Interesting read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
James Morcan
James Morcan marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Eppie
Eppie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Sameer Kankali
Sameer Kankali marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Rosanne Podmore
Rosanne Podmore marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Jeana
Jeana added it
Mar 10, 2014
Paula
Paula added it
Jan 14, 2014
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary Oxford Universal Language Dictionary Roadside Bombs and Democracy: An American Police Officer in Iraq History of the town of Warren, N.H., from its early settlement to the year 1854: including a sketch of the Pomigewasset Indians Letter to the president and council of the Montreal Board of Trade objecting To get rid of the timber [microform]: presented at the meeting held on June 10, 1890